FYI for 22LR

I did not come up with this idea, I saw a guy do this on a 10/22 Takedown video...  I just thought I'd share this clever way of storing/carrying 22lr ammo.  I always hated the flimsy cardboard boxes and every time I carry a box in my range bag, I have loose rounds all over the place.  So I invested in a small pelican case.  And just FYI, this one holds approximately 400 rounds. Plus, throw in a small silica gel pack and it keeps out the moisture.

2d9ecte.jpg

That Pelican case looks pretty nifty. I've been using a hard plastic pint-size ice cream container. BiLo sells this fancy ice cream (wife says it's gelato) in a sturdy screw top container that holds a 550 count brick of .22 perfectly. The gelato ain't too shabby either...

I've been using a Country Time Lemonade container for years. It holds 550 rounds and has a deep lid you can use to load from. The lid screws on so you don't have to worry about it popping off and it is made of pretty thick plastic.
8330B361-43AE-4ED2-89AA-2971C201FDDE-289

My FIL was visiting from Brazil and I guess he was bored one day and decided to go prowl around in a '68 F-100 that's been sitting in my back yard for about 12 years. He found a container like that one with about 400 Remington .22s in it. I figure that ammo was in there about 13 years in the heat, cold and humidity. I took it to the range and it all fired through my P-22.

Edited by BrasilNuts
  • Like 1

I re-use the Remington Target 100rd plastic boxes as well as other plastic boxes with the sliding lid.  It allows you to know exactly how much ammo you are taking with you, and how much you have used.  I also like that the sliding lid lets you choose 5, 10, or 15 rds to dump in your hand without having to count them out.

I peel off the original label and use a Sharpie to write what ammo is now in it.

I use a old folding sunglasses case when I go hunting. It has a zipper to close it up. Also it being made of leather stops them from rattling around like they do in the box.

It holds about 100 rounds. Has worked well for for years.il_fullxfull.276016203.jpg

Mine looks just like this only without the cool Michael Jackson logo. Lost the glasses long ago but the case works great and very quiet.

I've been using a Country Time Lemonade container for years. It holds 550 rounds and has a deep lid you can use to load from. The lid screws on so you don't have to worry about it popping off and it is made of pretty thick plastic.
8330B361-43AE-4ED2-89AA-2971C201FDDE-289

My FIL was visiting from Brazil and I guess he was bored one day and decided to go prowl around in a '68 F-100 that's been sitting in my back yard for about 12 years. He found a container like that one with about 400 Remington .22s in it. I figure that ammo was in there about 13 years in the heat, cold and humidity. I took it to the range and it all fired through my P-22.

Great minds think alike!!!

For this is what I use.

the berrys bullet boxes work well too. you can fit around 500 in them

I'll have to remember that.

Thanks,

Bill

Edited by BCR#1