TSA - how many terriorists have you caught?

NoBanStan

TSA believes the lack of catching terrorist is proof of effectiveness.

It is a Linus blanket effect.  It really doesn't do anything, but it gives that warn and fuzzy feeling to the sheep.

(AKA, I want to coin the phrase Linus Blanket Effect)

Edited by vontar

Do you have a source for that? I happen to agree with the sentiment. 

Do you have a source for that? I happen to agree with the sentiment. 

Yeah I'll have to dig it up. I think it was an article in the WSJ, my boss showed it to me. I'll send it to you if I can find it again.

He was obviously guilty of the crime of looking like a badass. Duh.

I fly about a dozen times a year and would definitely risk going to TSA jail to get my Ray Bans back. Seriously, I would make a scene someone would record and put on YouTube.

I fly about a dozen times a year and would definitely risk going to TSA jail to get my Ray Bans back. Seriously, I would make a scene someone would record and put on YouTube.

Oh most definitely. I very much like my Ray Bans and would be pissed if they were taken for being "dangerous" or some crap like that.

I concur w tricky nicky but,tsa is a necessary evil.its either tsa or cuff every passenger before take off.and no carry ons.Simple.I fly frequently,and have done so for a very long time.If its not bad guys boarding aircraft, its stupid people bringing items on board they should leave at home.I want tsa to be around so idiots dont bring lithium batteries on in a bag with leaking nail polish remover or acetone,i want tsa to take blow torch style lighters away.I want TSA to maintain a list of nuts and threats that shouldn't be on a machine that travels at 350 plus mph at 7 miles up...again necessary evil that will go away when stupid becomes a fixable mode...

• Like 1