Documents reveal more about KPD switch from .40-caliber Glock

Coastie

That is about the figures I was thinking but I was affraid to calculate them. OMG, this is insane.

To be fair, I'm not subtracting the value of the training of 10 whole officers. Let's assume that gets more than covered by the value of the SMGs, launchers, rifles, and an undisclosed quantity of misc. parts. If I estimate $250 per Glock and shotty, you're now looking at north of $1,000 per SIG.

Edited by monkeylizard

Im guessing someone at craigs and kpd is getting rich...

I don't believe Craig's got the buisness, I read it was someone else.

A Sig 220, department price is $700ish at GT Distributors. I know for a fact GT's will give $300 credit for a average condition G22 gen3.
KPD got raped by whoever they did this deal with.

I am serious. I have seen several shows where they used them to knock lights out but never actually seen them used for dogs. One show was in New Orleans and they were using suppressed 22's to kill nutria in the canals. I have talked to a game officer that used a suppressed 22 to kill nuisance deer inside the city limits.

Dolomite

Lawman - Steven Segal!

I really don't get what all the butthurt is here and on glocktalk and why KPD wanting Sigs instead of Glocks. It's not going to change anything with public opinion.

Guest Pineapple Devil

Lawman - Steven Segal!

I really don't get what all the butthurt is here and on glocktalk and why KPD wanting Sigs instead of Glocks. It's not going to change anything with public opinion.

b/c it is costing taxpayers money for an unnecessary change for a reason no one believes?

Edited by Pineapple Devil

Considering the age of the Glocks,and me speculating,it might just be a matter of using existing funds versus losing the funds which would then go to say fertilizing a flower patch near the city landfill instead of going to firearms and training.

On another note surely the sale will have to go to bid no????anything over 2500.00 (or 2200) should be...

Edited by Dustbuster

Sounds like somebody got paid off to trash Glocks (and I'm not a Glock guy at all)

I don't think so , I have been at the range many diff times where I have seen the new gen 4 glock not fire, over heard 1 guy talking to another that he had already sent his back 2 times for this same reason, was at another range , over heard a guy talking he had jest bought a brand new gen 4. i kinda sat back was watching them . he aimed then pulled the trigger and click ,he racks the slide click ,racks the slide bang ,bang again bang again bang then click. Needless to say this guy was pissed with his brand new glock. Jest saying no gun is that perfect super gun not even a glock.

We have a glock 17 gen 2, my dad got it in 96, I could only use it at the farm but would shoot it every chance I got, when I turned 21 in 2000 he gave it to me and I got my permit and started carrying it all the time until 2005 I gave it to my brother, he still has it, I shot probably 10000 rounds through this gun, NATO rounds is all i could buy I NEVER had any malfunctions, I cleaned that gun whenever it got wet or mud on it if I had it while I was horseback riding or walking the fields or whatever... may have cleaned it 10 times since '96... Asked my brother he still uses it and works fine, we've never had to change parts, springs or anything on it...

I don't know about the gen 4s but the gen 2s are awesome. the only thing that happened to mine is the slide got really shinny like it had been polished from putting it in my jean's pocket or in the holster; so you could say the the finish is not very durable...

Guest Ghost Maker

I'm not saying that they have not but all the guys I have talked to say they love the gen4 31's. Some of their exact words were, "357Sigs are exempt from issues".

Agreed....all the feedback I have heard concerning them has been excellent.

• 6 months later...

Here's an update for anyone who cares. I spoke to a few KPD officers today while at the game about the switch to Sig. One officer said "it was like going from a Ford Focus to a Cadillac". Both officers were very pleased with the new Sigs and said accuracy has improved across the board. Neither knew of anyone who missed their old Glocks. I asked him if anyone missed the consistent trigger pull you get with Glock and he said no. "Once you get past the first shot it's like butter".

I found this to be interesting and somewhat surprising but I'll admit I'm a huge fan of Glock. I'm sure those p220's are nice though. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on the new p227 Sig came out with.

Carry on.