Documents reveal more about KPD switch from .40-caliber Glock

Coastie

I have a Glock 22 that expired before I bought it, and it has expired again while I have owned it, bought it in '08. Still shoots ok. Looks just as hideous as the day it was made, no more, no less. I was told It was an LE trade in when I bought it, not sure what agency though. I bought it in Knoxville so go figure. I will have to check for an expiration date on mine. Best if used by: ...

Sig & Glock are both excellent weapons for sure but this deal smells.

Like some of the others have said, follow the money and it will lead you to the truth.

Caution: corrupt dealings ahead!

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
[quote name="JPR1959" post="924317" timestamp="1362331437"] Why does the KPD need 6 37 mm grenade launchers??? You east TN people must be really dangerous!!! I wonder why they didn't sell the ammo on gunbroker.[/quote] We have at least two at the prison I work 6 is nothing for a department that size. They are not actually grenade launchers they are for tear gas grenades. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn

Looked up a few department gun trades/changes/sales to see what others were doing.  Colorado Springs seems to be the smart ones. Trading "old" S&W M&Ps for new M&Ps for no cash.

http://gazette.com/colorado-springs-police-trade-get-new-handguns-with-smoother-trigger-pull/article/1504558

Baltimore County MD seems to be pretty arrogant with their taxpayers' dollars.  "Not trading or selling to wholesaler" old Sigs and paying full price for FNH pistols. Interesting is that this department has gone from Glock to Sig and now to FNH.  I smell fiduciary buffoonery.  Someone is making serious money on these deals.  Maybe it is like athletic shoe deals to colleges.  For instance one college basketball coach gets $400K/yr from Nike, a nice income supplement.     Besides these folks in Baltimore County, MD - what public servant would opt for full priced FNH pistols for their department and why would they do it?

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-09-25/news/bs-md-co-new-guns-20130913_1_national-law-enforcement-partnership-police-chief-james-w-baltimore-county

Edmond, Ok seems to be using the standard practice, old Glocks for new Glocks at a savings:   http://newsok.com/criminals-to-buy-edmond-police-new-guns/article/3886851

Guest TankerHC
So us 1911 super fans were right all along. All I can say is "TOLD YA". Now throw away those Teflon bricks and go get ya a real gun before yours fails on ya when ya need it most. Do you even need to go any farther than the above article? Fricken Glocks failing and falling apart all over the place.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

To quitely taking out street lights or dogs just prior to a raid.

Dolomite

I knew a SWAT officer in Denver back in the 90's who had a suppressed .22lr rifle for those reasons.

That was when the Crips and Bloods were hitting denver really hard and there were several neighborhoods that were war zones.

sounds like someone did not like glocks.  so that person talked to the government/someone in power and then the government "bs" kicked in.   and at the end of the day the money part came up with "kick backs" and they got new guns.  was issued my first glock in 1990 (g17).  it was changed out in 1998 to a g23.  never had any problems.  must got a good one that went over the four years life span.