Feinstein: Veterans May Have PTSD And Should Not Be Exempt From Assault Weapons Ban

Feinstein: Veterans May Have PTSD And Should Not Be Exempt From Assault Weapons Ban

At a Senate Judiciary Committee meeting on Thursday, Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California) opposed an amendment to her Assault Weapons Ban legislation that would allow military veterans to continue to buy the firearms that would be banned. Feinstein says a veteran may be mentally ill and should be prevented from purchasing firearms.

SEN. DIANNE FEINSTEIN: If I understand this, this adds an exemption of retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arose in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was in effect and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States. So that included active military.

The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this.

So, you know, I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to-- if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/03/08/feinstein_veterans_may_have_ptsd_and_should_not_be_exempt_from_assault_weapons_ban.html

Uh-huh. And so it begins. Or continues.

(As he seats his hat firmly on his head, spits tobacco on the ground, and pulls the charging handle on his AR-15.)

Edited by QuietDan

this is the reason obahma involved the cdc in gun legislation. it will get to the point that nobody is mentally stable enough to own a gun. they will say the very fact a person wants a gun is proof they are mentally unstable. i feel this is the greatest danger to our second amendment.

• Like 1

I didn't realize PTSD was such a new phenomenon as to be an "advent of the Iraq war"

Yeah, because WW2, Korea, Vietnam, etc didn't have any long term psychological effects on anyone...

This is why I am more reluctant to talk about any issue that I might have with anyone on record. I am sure that I'm not the only one.
Guest 6.8 AR

Yeh, shell shock isn't politically correct enough. Trace the way names get changed to make it sound like

something new and it'll make you dizzy.

Since I doubt Feinstein's bill won't get far enough anyway, she had to say something to make herself look

even more stupid. At least we know what she really is: Commie from the left coast.

It appears to me Feinstein exhibits paranoid delusional behavior.  I would suggest she is the one suffering from mental illness and should be prohibited from holding any public office and certainly should be banned from participating in the introduction of any legislation.  She also may be affected by PTSD.  Practically Total Stupidity Disorder.

Edited by Motasyco
  • Like 5

The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon....

Is she for real? You mean to tell me that all the wars in the history of mankind, no one has ever had emotional trauma because we just discovered it? Is this lady for real? I almost choked when I read that.

The stupidity of these people is simply astonishing.
Guest 6.8 AR

She's just your typical liberal who believes in nothing except death, and taxes. The only ones who should have

the guns are the tax collectors, and the slave masters.

The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War

See there.... It's Bush's fault :lol:

Edited by strickj
  • Like 2

yeah it's a lib female kommiefornia congressional thing, Boxer, Feinstein, & Pelosi the whole lot of them have the wild strung out, perpetually on the edge approach. at any minute they're liable to just spew the most inane tomfoolery that the leftist take as some sort of wildly sage nuggets of wisdom from high upon mt. whitney

I try hard to see validity in the other side's argument, but these people are consistently just wrong and stupid. How could she say such a stupid thing that is wrong on so many levels and not even be called out on it immediately? PTSD in new because of Iraq? He'll, why not include Afghanistan in there, since that is a current conflict? Oh wait, I know why....

The problem with expanding this is that, you know, with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War

Translation: It's Bush's fault :lol:

yeh no signs of ptsd in kosovo or somalia in the 90s. or the 52 americans taken hostage in iran in 79? they all hunkydory now too eh?

absurdity level: grand master

Guest 6.8 AR

this is the reason obahma involved the cdc in gun legislation. it will get to the point that nobody is mentally stable enough to own a gun. they will say the very fact a person wants a gun is proof they are mentally unstable. i feel this is the greatest danger to our second amendment.

Obamacare(Affordable Care Act) will be used against people with firearms, believe it or not. This administration

is chiseling away, any way it can. Not to mention the UN crapola, which will not be consented, but Obama will open

the door, if he hasn't already.

They are coming after guns from more than one angle. Any additional way to make us criminals is all they care about.

She offends me on so many levels that it's tough to even put my disgust into words.  There are very few people whose very citizenship - the ability to call themselves Americans - disappoints me.  But I think she's made the list.   

Edited by Wheelgunner
Being an escapee from CA, I can say that she has enough friends in that F'd up state to keep her in office. It's mostly the big cities in the lower half, a good deal of the state is rural but they don't have the pull of the big cities. I moved to TN for the wife but this is a great state to be in.