Pope Francis?

Raoul

Guest 6.8 AR

I'm Episcopalian, Catholic Lite, that is. :D

All I remember hearing was that he will be a reformer. At least Dennis Rodman lost his bet.

I don't expect to see any real big changes, but I am not a Pope watcher, either. I really do expect to

see the media make absolute idiots out of thermselves, like Sally Quinn on Face the Nation did. She

said the Catholic Church is becoming irrelevant and will remain so until it accepts gay marriages. I

imagine she is some kind of expert on the matter. Big deal, Sally! Push your little commie line.

• Moderators
Everything I have read so far leans towards the idea that he will refocus the Church towards its true calling to do the work of ministry. Pushing the clergy back into doing real social outreach amongst the lepers and prostitutes and away from doctrinal matters. If this is correct, this could be excellent news for the Church and wherever the Church is.
  • Moderators

Try being Southern Baptist. Thick skin, brother, thick skin.

That's the attitude to have. You seem like an alright guy. Hell, anytime you're up to go fishing let me know, but you got to bring a friend from your church with ya. I don't want you drinking up all my beer. ;)

That's the attitude to have. You seem like an alright guy. Hell, anytime you're up to go fishing let me know, but you got to bring a friend from your church with ya. I don't want you drinking up all my beer. ;)

LOL - What's the difference between a Southern Baptist and a Methodist? A Methodist will speak to you when you run in to them at the liquor store..... (I heard a rimshot somewhere)

• Like 2

LOL - What's the difference between a Southern Baptist and a Methodist? A Methodist will speak to you when you run in to them at the liquor store..... (I heard a rimshot somewhere)

My father, a Methodist, had some choice words for Baptists.   :lol:

My father, a Methodist, had some choice words for Baptists.   :lol:

We all have choice words for each other. I rebelled and went Pentecostal for a while (that was the proverbial "turd" in the punch bowl at the family reunion - no snake handling, by the way). Everyone is wrong and everyone is right. Crazy how many interpretations can come from one book when we ALL agree on the beginning and the end of the story. I just hope when it counts, we all pull together. 

Edited by Good_Steward

I will say this for the offended Catholic: One of my friends was Catholic, and when questioned about the saints of Catholicism, he said, "We don't worship them like you rednecks think (he was Italian descent and from NY). It's like having a best friend that is friends with a hot chick - you just want them to put in a good word for ya." 

Almost every catholic I've ever met has been a grit person. Generally they are grat people. Having said that, I have nothing but derogatory comments about a MAN who takes a position that high.

NOW!  If they had consulted ME on who to elect as pope, I'd have chosen different:

photo-18_zps5078eb27.jpg

Edited by Caster