AWB passes the Senate Committee

I know but just more of a reminder to stay ever more viligant. Reading some of the remarks that came out of the committee for those that think they are doing it for the better of the people need to wake up if thats even possible at this point.

• Like 1
Guest 6.8 AR

I doubt there would be another run, since this was expected before Sandy Hook took place.

The first one hasn't subsided, yet. The stage has been elevated and there will be a continual

run while people realize just how dumb they were letting the fools get re-elected.

I doubt there would be another run, since this was expected before Sandy Hook took place.

The first one hasn't subsided, yet. The stage has been elevated and there will be a continual

run while people realize just how dumb they were letting the fools get re-elected.

I just wish people would actually realize it. I'm afraid most don't.

Seen another news report that Michael Moore is demanding that the Sandy Hook crime scene photos be public.  Typical Liberal logic of not letting a crisis go to waste. 

AWB will face an uphill battle in the Senate as well as the House.  Yep, there will be another run for guns and ammo, like the current one hasn't let up. 

Edited:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscone%E2%80%93Milk_assassinations

Edited by Titansfan
Guest 6.8 AR

These things take time to blow out, just like any other bubble in the economy. It'll blow over. Sometimes

we just need to learn to be patient. Not everyone works at the same wavelength as another.

Guest 6.8 AR

No, we need more people like him in the senate. I can think of two who could be sacrificed for the cause,

other than Graham and McCain.

It was no surprise that it came out of committee.  With 10 liberals Democrats, 3 liberal republicans, and only 5 others, It's amazing that the vote was only 10-8.  It will probably get amended a bit before the Senate passes it.  The Senate PROBABLY will pass it.  Democrats still have a majority there, and Obama controls a huge amount of Democrat political money. 

When it goes to the House, it will get amended a lot more.  Even though Republicans control the House, don't expect the bill to get shut down.  Most Republicans aren't opposed to it on logical, Constitutional, or moral grounds.  To them it's a matter of votes.  If they can pass something that won't lose them an election, they will go for it.  Expect 'Universal Background Checks' to be the biggest part of what remains after amending. 

'Universal Background Checks' will allow the Feds to track EVERY firearms transfer.  Buying a firearm will forever mark you as a gun owner, and make you subject to very harsh treatment for the slightest reason.  They want to discourage firearms ownership any way they can.  Vilifying semi-autos and other types of guns also vilifies their owners.  If a certain gun is 'evil', what does that say about the person who owns one?

Unless we fight this every step of the way, it WILL pass in some form or another.  Obama is spending a lot of political capital on this.  We will have to spend a lot of ours as well.  Call you congresscritters every week.  Make sure that they know that a vote of ANY gun control on their part will mean a vote against THEM in the next primary.  Back it up with whatever contributions you can afford to pro-gun organizations. 

If we lose this, it means that individual freedom will be a thing of the past.

• Like 1

Seen another news report that Michael Moore is demanding that the Sandy Hook crime scene photos be public. Typical Liberal logic of not letting a crisis go to waste.

I would want that too if I was a sonofabich like him that was gonna profit off of it. And they probably will when they think they need them. Wouldn't be suprised if that's used as their ace in the hole.
My commie aunt posted thay bs on facebook yesterday. It showed up on my news feed and that got her deleted from my friends list immediately. MM pics, quotes, or news other than his fat a dying of a heart attack on my page get your azz unfriended.

....  The Senate PROBABLY will pass it.  Democrats still have a majority there, and Obama controls a huge amount of Democrat political money. 

I'm still betting it doesn't get out of the Senate, at least with the AWB and/or mag limit in there. Unless something changes, there are enough Dems that would suffer. Just on the news this am, they named about 5 that almost certainly wouldn't vote for it. Hell, Reid might not if he's thinking even way ahead about running again.

When it goes to the House, it will get amended a lot more.  ....Expect 'Universal Background Checks' to be the biggest part of what remains after amending.

If we don't wind up with the background check thing, I'll eat your hat. But it will have to come from Feinstein's bill chopped to pieces, or another bill altogether. Probably the latter.

I'm also seeing 50/50 odds that whatever gets passed won't even be in this calendar year.

- OS

Sure can't wait for those arbitrary transfer fees we'll have to pay. 

I'm wondering if that might possibly become an issue as the minutiae gets hammered out. Also the TICS fee here -- TN is one of the few states that charges for the process, but not the only one.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot

I'm still betting it doesn't get out of the Senate, at least with the AWB and/or mag limit in there. Unless something changes, there are enough Dems that would suffer. Just on the news this am, they named about 5 that almost certainly wouldn't vote for it. Hell, Reid might not if he's thinking even way ahead about running again.

If we don't wind up with the background check thing, I'll eat your hat. But it will have to come from Feinstein's bill chopped to pieces, or another bill altogether. Probably the latter.

I'm also seeing 50/50 odds that whatever gets passed won't even be in this calendar year.

- OS

I would REALLY love to be wrong about this.  If the Senate dumps it, I'll be VERY relieved.  Even if it gets put on hold until next year, I'll be pretty happy.  The Liberals are expending a huge amount of political money and capital towards this effort.  The longer it goes on, the more resources they will lose and the more ineffectual they will seem.  Also, next year is an election year.  It's very difficult to get controversial legislation passed in an election year.  And the closer to November it gets, the harder it will be.