Portrait Series on Gun Owners

Guest francesco

Guest francesco

Hello All

I'm a photographer seeking participants for a portrait series on gun owners in the United States.

I look to shoot the portraits at participants' homes as home protection for many represents a prime motivation for gun ownership. If participants feel another settings better represent their feelings on gun ownership, I am most certainly open to incorporating that into the portrait as well.

As this is a self-assigned project (I'm footing all incurred expenses out of pocket), I can't offer any payment for  participating. I will, however, provide participants with a copy of their portrait. Additionally, you will be part of an online exhibition once the project completes.

Photography will commence this summer, so please email me asap at "gunownerportraits@gmail.com" if you'd like to participate.

I look forward to hearing from you,
Francesco

PS: Please pass this along to anyone you think might be interested.

Please understand that your request will be met with skepticism, since most common sense folk know that a simple photo can be made to project good or bad, depending on the photographer.  I'm no professional photographer, but if Ghandi was still alive I could take seemingly innocent photographs of him during a set which could make him look like a saint or make him look menacing.  Now, you're talking about photographing gun owners in their homes for the purpose of a private project of yours.  I assume you understand how easily one could make us responsible gun owners who believe in the right to use force to protect ourselves and our families look like gun toting lunatic vigilantees. 

The fact that you're from New York doesn't help your cause.  I know that not all New Yorkers are pants wetting hoplophobes, but it is one of the big 3 states that believes in removing weaponry from the hands of law abiding citizens.  I can only assume that the majority of your citizens fit the category of pants wetting hoplophobes since they keep getting elected there.  So again, forgive our skepticism; it is only because, in the south, common sense is still pretty common.

• Like 13
Guest MAWLJ45

HAHAHA, Thanks TGO I needed a good laugh today. LMAO You have outdone yourself on this one. :rofl: A bit early for April FOOLS day.

Edited by MAWLJ45
I tried to help you out here. Turns out I know a guy that knows guy who would be willing to pose for your pictures. Thing is ... he'll only do them nude, with his 'coon hat and pipe. He's also interested in seeing what the front of the gun looks like when firing so he was hoping you could do a "frontal" view of his "gun."

Your from New York and you want to come to the south and rome around and go to people's homes and photograph their guns. In these mountains and hollers of east Tennessee that wouldn't be the best idea....But good luck with that............ Francesco,

Edited by Shug
  • Like 1

I know you said you can't pay me, but I tell you what. You send me the money you would spend on your trip from New York to my home in Memphis (flight, hotel, food, ect) and I will email you a pic of me and my guns

What he said....other than that, I'm out.

Oh....WELCOME to TGO!

Dave S

I think there's some guys up around Polk County Tennessee, Copper Basin, Ducktown etc....that would like to have there picture taken.  You could just bring your camera on down, Put you on a black suit and sunglasses, go drive around the area and go door to door asking to take pictures of them boys and their guns. That Yankee accent will get you right in their door. They really like yankees in them parts.

• Like 3