new garand

Classic , the next on my list of rifles. I have a STG58 from DSA that the guys on the FAL FORUM are busting MY BALLS about cause I bought it 15 years ago and have still not shot it. I have so many new guns and have to travel to Hohenwald to shot for free with a friend of mine that because it takes cleaning every time in the first 10 shots and once every 2nd time for the next 20 that I have let her be the safe queen. It's time to unleash the hounds , soon. I swear , at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it........

Classic , the next on my list of rifles. I have a STG58 from DSA that the guys on the FAL FORUM are busting MY BALLS about cause I bought it 15 years ago and have still not shot it. I have so many new guns and have to travel to Hohenwald to shot for free with a friend of mine that because it takes cleaning every time in the first 10 shots and once every 2nd time for the next 20 that I have let her be the safe queen. It's time to unleash the hounds , soon. I swear , at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it........

Clean a FAL?  Every 10 rounds?  :rofl:

Look up the legend of "ol dirty" on falfiles.  Last I read it was beyond 15k rounds without cleaning.  If I recall, the first thing they did was throw it (literally) in a mud puddle. 

Clean a FAL? Every 10 rounds? :rofl:

Look up the legend of "ol dirty" on falfiles. Last I read it was beyond 15k rounds without cleaning. If I recall, the first thing they did was throw it (literally) in a mud puddle.

I talking about DSA's recommended break in of the barrel. Not really worried about it , just ain't shot it yet.

I talking about DSA's recommended break in of the barrel. Not really worried about it , just ain't shot it yet.

I know, just pokin' at ya.  If you decide you're tired of that big ugly thing cluttering up your safe, I've got room in mine.  :)

• 4 weeks later...
Nice Garands!

This thread gave me the M1 itch a few months ago. I'm just now getting around to ordering from The CMP. They just received my paperwork and order today. I'm already obsessing over it, so this wait will seem like FOREVER! I really wanted a low serial numbered Service Grade Springfield, but their website showed only HRAs in stock in Service Grade (no Rack or Field Grade rifles at all). I'm excited, but I hope they still have rifles in 120-180 days, lol. I also hope I get a good one with original wood.

Those of you that ordered from CMP... did they send you an email right away letting you know your paperwork was received and proper, or did they make you wait until ready to ship for the first correspondence? Geez, it's gonna be nearly Spring before I get it... how can I wait that long??

Those of you that ordered from CMP... did they send you an email right away letting you know your paperwork was received and proper, or did they make you wait until ready to ship for the first correspondence? Geez, it's gonna be nearly Spring before I get it... how can I wait that long??

You will get an e-mail from the CMP that it has your order.  This is the famous CMP forum nicknamed "DBU - Don't Bug Us" which is just an informal term used on that forum.  You should get that email from the CMP in about a week or two.  Don't waste your time calling.   

Depending on what you ordered, it could be another couple months before you get an email from the CMP that it has have begun processing your order.  Once this process begins, it could be 30-90 days until the order is shipped. 

You will get an e-mail from the CMP that it has your order.  This is the famous CMP forum nicknamed "DBU - Don't Bug Us" which is just an informal term used on that forum.  You should get that email from the CMP in about a week or two.  Don't waste your time calling.   

Depending on what you ordered, it could be another couple months before you get an email from the CMP that it has have begun processing your order.  Once this process begins, it could be 30-90 days until the order is shipped.

Thanks. My first time ordering from the CMP, and that helps. I ordered a Service Grade HRA Garand.

Nice Garands!

This thread gave me the M1 itch a few months ago. I'm just now getting around to ordering from The CMP. They just received my paperwork and order today. I'm already obsessing over it, so this wait will seem like FOREVER! I really wanted a low serial numbered Service Grade Springfield, but their website showed only HRAs in stock in Service Grade (no Rack or Field Grade rifles at all). I'm excited, but I hope they still have rifles in 120-180 days, lol. I also hope I get a good one with original wood.

Just sent in my order last Friday as well - first timer here as well.  Been roaming the web every day reading and watching anything I can find on Garand maintenance, etc.  

Batman, I think you are going to be Very Happy when you get your HRA.

The Service Grade rifles that I have seen coming out of the CMP in the past couple of months have been Outstanding!  :woohoo:

That's great to hear. I hope I get a good one. I'm really excited about getting this rifle... just wish I would have done it sooner.

Just sent in my order last Friday as well - first timer here as well.  Been roaming the web every day reading and watching anything I can find on Garand maintenance, etc.

I've beed reading and watching you tube videos about them also. It's going to be a looong 120-180 days, lol.

How does that Greek surplus stuff from CMP do in these? I'm ready to order one and need something to feed it of course.

It was designed for Garands, in other words it's M2 ball.  Great stuff with nice, reloadable brass.

Edited by Garufa
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

You will get an e-mail from the CMP that it has your order. This is the famous CMP forum nicknamed "DBU - Don't Bug Us" which is just an informal term used on that forum. You should get that email from the CMP in about a week or two. Don't waste your time calling.

Depending on what you ordered, it could be another couple months before you get an email from the CMP that it has have begun processing your order. Once this process begins, it could be 30-90 days until the order is shipped.

Just sent in my order last Friday as well - first timer here as well. Been roaming the web every day reading and watching anything I can find on Garand maintenance, etc.

Just got the first email from CMP stating that they have my order! Now the waiting game. Email said 120-180 days Edited by Batman

How does that Greek surplus stuff from CMP do in these? I'm ready to order one and need something to feed it of course.

Very good in my '43 Win. Pretty decent at 100. Good enough to put 8 on a man sized silhoutte at 400 and hit steel at 500 w/ it.

Can't be that bad!

Just got the first email from CMP stating that they have my order! Now the waiting game. Email said 120-180 days

Nice, maybe mine will follow in 4-5 more days then.

*edit* Just got the email and it said ETA for shipping was 60-90 days  :stunned:  :rock:

Edited by viscero
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
An update from my order at The CMP....

I placed my order for a SG HRA Garand on 09/03 and it just went "Pending" today on their website. Looks like it might be quicker than the 120-180 I was expecting. I put a note requesting a Service Grade SA if available, so I'm curious what I'll get.

Those are 2012 prices on their site. Is that the price you ordered by? Good price! I found a service grade HRA in town

for $950. almost bought it. Looked about as good as the other one I have.

Those are 2012 prices on their site. Is that the price you ordered by? Good price! I found a service grade HRA in town
for $950. almost bought it. Looked about as good as the other one I have.

Yep. Their invoice shows me at $625, and it looks like they're still taking orders at that price. I hope it ships out soon!

I got an email recently stating that CMP has reduced it's operating days and hours as the supply of rifles gets smaller.

That is for the North (Camp Perry) and South (Anniston, AL) Stores that are walkin.  With several thousand mail orders, its hard to keep the stores stocked so they are now opening on Thursday-Sat instead of Wed-Sat.  

The operation of the shops are still going strong trying to catch up with all of the unfilled mail orders for rifles, ammo and other items. The rifles all require inspection, repair and grading and mail order demand has exceeded the amount of rifles on hand that the staff can make ready for sale at the stores.

I was at Anniston two weeks ago.  The store didn't have near the stock that it had this time last year, but that was before the latest Obama Induced Panic.  The shops were as full as ever with rifles.

In the store I did come across a nice service grade Jan 1942 Springfield M1D Sniper.  It found its way to Tennessee.    :dirty:  

• Like 2

My order went pending on the e-store today.  :woohoo:

So to recap:

Order sent via next day USPS on 8/30

USPS order was received at Anniston on 9/2

Order was acknowledged as received on 9/3

DBU(don't bug us) email and estore account creation received on 9/19 saying order to ship time was 60-90 days.

Order(s) went pending on the estore on 10/24

Shipping date is still TBD

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

My order went pending on the e-store today.  :woohoo:

So to recap:

Order sent via next day USPS on 8/30
USPS order was received at Anniston on 9/2
Order was acknowledged as received on 9/3
DBU(don't bug us) email and estore account creation received on 9/19 saying order to ship time was 60-90 days.
Order(s) went pending on the estore on 10/24
Shipping date is still TBD

My credit card was charged by CMP on Friday, so my Garand will be shipped in 7-14 days!

Order received: 09/03
Went pending: 10/22
  • Like 1