Who likes front cocking serrations on 1911s?

Wow. Obama voter?

At the time..., would have been a Carter then Mondale voter.  :yuck:

And , Again Getting Back On Topic!    :rofl:  

The SIG profile slide is the only 1911 that doesn't need forward serrations at all.

And Yet, the latest SIG 1911s now have them.

zioft3.jpg

Reckon they weren't TAC-Cool enough already.

Aside from that, I wouldn't buy a 1911 with a rail on it. That's why they make different models I suppose.

^^^THIS^^^

I can't stand rails, loaded chamber indicators, front serrations, or wrap around grips on 1911's. Of the bunch, the rail is much worse than front serrations. I do like checkered mainspring housing and front strap, Novak sights, and extended beavertails, though.

• Like 1

Just to be contrarian, here is one of my 5 1911's.  All of them have front cocking serrations.  This is a game gun, and in my opinion FCS are essential for a game gun. 

I'll bet anybody who doesn't like the front serrations is going to just LOVE the double undercut square trigger guard and my initials carved in as the rear serrations...

Enjoy:

http://www.calhouncustomfirearms.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/IMG_0539.jpg

That is one of the nice things about a Glock...

Don't talk about Glocks, traitor. :wave: Go back to you PPS and stay out of the mens department. :rofl:

Couldn't resist, Steel. Just had to go for it.

I did catch myself holding one the other day. :ugh: I might end up with another. Just depends on the mood I'm in and the price.

Seriously though, I do prefer the frame with out FS and rails. But that's just me.

Edited by hipower
My Wilson has them, the Ed Brown I had didn't. They don't bother me either way. I look at it this way- hating my Wilson because it has FCS is like kicking a beautiful woman out of bed because she has a tiny mole on her a**.

My Wilson has them, the Ed Brown I had didn't. They don't bother me either way. I look at it this way- hating my Wilson because it has FCS is like kicking a beautiful woman out of bed because she has a tiny mole on her a**.

Or huge gashes above her dust cover.

:devil: :hiding: :confused:

• Like 1

I couldn't bear to have spend my hard-earned money on a 1911 with a tacky rail, but I could overlook FCS on a beauty like this. Of course for that money, I could find one without them.

I don't know... pretty tacti-ccoooolllll

wilson-combat-classic-supergrade-1.jpg

I couldn't bear to have spend my hard-earned money on a 1911 with a tacky rail, but I could overlook FCS on a beauty like this. Of course for that money, I could find one without them.

Man, that's a whole lotta hate for railed-guns. Did you have a bad experience with one at some point in your life :D

• Like 1

Man, that's a whole lotta hate for railed-guns. Did you have a bad experience with one at some point in your life :D

I feel the same way about rails on 1911's as many people do about putting an SKS or Mosin in a black plastic stock. Only, my opinion of both make me a hypocrite, because I don't like how rails look on a 1911, but I don't mind seeing an old rifle get modernized furniture.

edit:

Plus, I'm even more hypocritical than you think...I have a several guns with tacky rails. One, my bedside G17, even has a light attached to it.

Edited by BigK

I feel the same way about rails on 1911's as many people do about putting an SKS or Mosin in a black plastic stock. Only, my opinion of both make me a hypocrite, because I don't like how rails look on a 1911, but I don't mind seeing an old rifle get modernized furniture.

edit:
Plus, I'm even more hypocritical than you think...I have a several guns with tacky rails. One, my bedside G17, even has a light attached to it.

I've got two railed 1911s and several non-railed and I like them all. I do have a huge amount of respect for the way John Moses created it but I think the variety in styles and calibers is a good thing. I'm practicing diversity:)
  • Like 1

....., because I don't like how rails look on a 1911.....

I didn't either until SIG came out with the TACOPS.  Something about the SIG slide profile seem to work with a rail.

Here is mine with a couple of mods.  :cool:

25528er.jpg

But NO Front Serrations!  :woohoo:

• Like 1

I don't much care for rails on a 1911 or any pistol for that matter. I don't like stuff on a pistol and really don't care much for stuff on a long gun, either for that matter.  I don't like scopes, lasers, lights or wiz bang gadgets on firearms.  I like iron sights with dots or dot and post.  Their batteries never run out and iron sights don't give your position away to the bad guy in your house.

Edited by Moped
Guest Grout

Hate FCS.First 1911 I bought that had em' tore the hell out of the lining in my Milt Sparks 1AT .Carried that 1911 in Kydex ever since.