For you old school Garand lovers...

Wow. So it's all about the money. 

To each his own, but to me its about the history.  That beat up old Garand has history.  Especially when the guy that carried it brought it back.  That chip out of the buttstock, yeah that happened when we hit a pill box on D-Day plus 2.  That scratch in the receiver, that happened when....

• Like 1
Meh matters to me not, plenty of surplus rifles to go around, most will be kept as collector peices, others will be shot until the day they fall apart, some will be modernized/sporterized/customized, so IMHO it is not the end of the world for some rails & a sliding stock to be put on some of them, so long as they are enjoyed, that is all that matters to me.

Be very careful when somebody tries to sell you a Garand along with a story about it being the M1 that his Grand Daddy carried in WWII or Korea and then brought it back home with him.

Didn't happen - - -  Unless it was Stolen!  :ugh:

M1 Garands were kept in the system.  They were never part of any offical release program to departing soldiers.

And here is an interesting fact.....

The Army still has complete inventory control and listings of every M1 Garand serial number ever produced, where they went, and what happened to them.  Its part of the reason (the other being political) why those "Korean M1s" you keep hearing about have not come back into country.  The Koreans want to sell them back to us, the Army shows that many of them are lend-leased from the US and never owned by the Koreans.  Those leased M1s should be returned to the Army who will then release them to the CMP.

Edited by DMark
  • Like 2

more about taste and respect for an old warhorse.

There are plenty of semi auto sporters around without hacking a Garand.

And you actually believe no M1 Garands actually caome home from WWII? That every single one of them was assigned an accounted for?

What fairy land do you live in? What war were you in? You lose your weapon for any reason or upgrade it from an M1 Carbine to an M1 Garand that was lying there happened every day. My dad drove a jeep and had two garands and an M1 Carbine in the jeep with him at all times. Do you actually think those rifles were all issued to him? Hell, the jeep he was driving was stolen. And these old warhorses were the guys that carried them but ya'll say the gun is worth more than the old GI and what he accomplished over there but he shouldn't ruin a beautiful gun? Who are you to say what he can or cannot do to his property?

Other than arguing for the sake of arguing to see how many people will read this out of interest what real facts do you have to talk about? Self proclaimed experts are only expert in one thing. Telling everyone within listening distance everything about everything. That means about as much as you telling a war vet his rfile looks crap.

You know the old saying if ya got nothing nice to say about something....

And you actually believe no M1 Garands actually caome home from WWII? That every single one of them was assigned an accounted for?

What fairy land do you live in? What war were you in? You lose your weapon for any reason or upgrade it from an M1 Carbine to an M1 Garand that was lying there happened every day. My dad drove a jeep and had two garands and an M1 Carbine in the jeep with him at all times. Do you actually think those rifles were all issued to him? Hell, the jeep he was driving was stolen. And these old warhorses were the guys that carried them but ya'll say the gun is worth more than the old GI and what he accomplished over there but he shouldn't ruin a beautiful gun? Who are you to say what he can or cannot do to his property?

Other than arguing for the sake of arguing to see how many people will read this out of interest what real facts do you have to talk about? Self proclaimed experts are only expert in one thing. Telling everyone within listening distance everything about everything. That means about as much as you telling a war vet his rfile looks crap.

Why are you ragging on Mike?

24 March join date and all of 6 post and you come in here and start telling us how and what to post or think! 

I withdraw my Welcome to you.

What fairy land do you live in? What war were you in? You lose your weapon for any reason or upgrade it from an M1 Carbine to an M1 Garand that was lying there happened every day. My dad drove a jeep and had two garands and an M1 Carbine in the jeep with him at all times. Do you actually think those rifles were all issued to him? Hell, the jeep he was driving was stolen. And these old warhorses were the guys that carried them but ya'll say the gun is worth more than the old GI and what he accomplished over there but he shouldn't ruin a beautiful gun? Who are you to say what he can or cannot do to his property?

Untwist your panties. You asked for an opinion and ya got it.
  • Like 1

Haha, well done. On another note, I once said the same thing about Joy Behar.... out of principle of course.

I had to look up some pictures of Joy. She's ah, handsome... I'll bet she's a generous lover, and anyway its all the same with lights out.

Actually I don't live in fairly land.  What you write has nothing to do with what I posted. Seems you are mad because no one thought your rifle was cool.

As far as the last sentence in your post you may wish to take your own advice.  

Haha, well done. On another note, I once said the same thing about Joy Behar.... out of principle of course.

I had to look up some pictures of Joy. She's ah, handsome... I'll bet she's a generous lover, and anyway its all the same with lights out.

23kyv5v.jpg