Um...Are you people for real? ;)

Guest confidence

Long as the Zombie's keep getting their food stamps and welfare payments they will be ok. Soon as that stops, they are not going to come from the grave. They will come from the ghetto..And they ain't gonna be eating brains.......

Unless they had the foresight to keep a good supply of ammo they are gonna be SOL. They'll riot and loot for a few days before reporting to the refugee camp set up for the animals to get their gubmint issued water and Jimmy Dean meals. Good for them... a much better solution than venturing to my neighborhood. The only thing they'll find there is their place in the sandbag pile.
  • Like 1

..."Zombies" is a useful metaphor for whatever societal collapse one might want to be prepared for. For those who consider such things, that could be foreign invasion, viral outbreak, civil war, economic collapse, natural disasters, etc...

It amazed me how long it took my fiancee to understand this.  "Zombies aren't real, why do we need to store food and water?"  She's lucky she is cute.

• Like 1

Please help me understand who you all are and why this zombie forum exists, lol. Is it all tongue-in-cheek? Do you people really prepare an arsenal for the purpose of defending yourself from zombies? Is it all a joke? Do you just like to make-believe?

Please understand that these are honest questions and are really not meant to be inflammatory. I have only ever seen one excerpt from one zombie [EDIT: movie] and pretty much don't keep up with the zombie craze. I would like to understand what it is that makes zombie preppers like yourself tick. Are you for real?

Thanks,

Me

To answer all of your questions and concerns: hell yes. :stalk:

Being prepared for a 'zombie apocalypse' can yield benefits that are two fold.

1.  As others have said, if you are prepared for a 'zombie apocalypse' then you will be ready for just about any SHTF event.  Calling your preparations 'zombie' related allows one to remain PC while preparing a plan, if necessary, for defending themselves/group and supplies from any threat (which, in a SHTF event, could be your neighbors or anyone else who might be trying to take the supplies that you/your group need to survive.)

2.  What I haven't seen anyone else mention is that by preparing for a 'zombie apocalypse' instead of, say, civil unrest, a hurricane or the like you can help insulate yourself against the initial shock and horror that you might otherwise experience when the dead really do rise and start eating brains. :)

Edited by JAB
  • 1 month later...

A lot of my neighbors are liberals. They're just storing my food for me until I need it :)

new top contender for best post of 2013

What? They have jobs and can afford enough food for the taking???

A lot of my neighbors are liberals. They're just storing my food for me until I need it :)

Now Mike, I hope you have better plans for the Zombie Apocalypse  than that!  :)

After all, the average sheeple family doesn't have enough of or the right kind of food in their pantry to last out a one-day snow storm; liberal sheeple have even less because they KNOW that the government will ALWAYS step in and save their sorry buts.  Didn't we see exactly that play out in New Orleans after Katrina???

P.S. Awfully funny post though. ;)

Saying you are preparing for zombies is a nice way of saying that you are preparing for mass civil unrest. You are preparing to defend yourself, family, friends, and home from the hoards of unprepared people in the event of a SHTF situation. People who will be hungry, mad, and willing to do what ever to take your survival supplies. That is what the whole zombie thing is. A way to be politically correct about something you hope you never have to do.

• Like 2

Why would they do that? I thought they expect the Gov't to feed 'em.

You might have to look elsewhere for stock piles and those folks ight have sumtin t say about it. :)

Lp

• 7 months later...