CCW shoots at mugger in Walmart parking lot

Guest confidence

Guest confidence

"North Las Vegas Police raced to the rescue"...Er...To um, take a report...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9K7TKDqR-ck

Good on the guy for defending himself. Decent news coverage also.

I find myself wondering where the bullets ended up - and glad none of them ended up in a bystander.

Got a chuckle out of the interviewee who expressed surprise at "(someone) getting mugged in the Walmart parking lot" - a place Randy Harris recently mentioned being analogous to a watering hole on the Serengeti plain.

• Like 2
Guest MilitiaMan

This would have been better.

In my book, while I'm no 007, Rambo or what have you come at me and there is no trip to the hospital. Only the morgue. Easier in court when there's only my side of the story.

I'm always baffled by stories like this. 

The attacker was close enough for the victim to be in fear for his life. Said victim fires "several" rounds at attacker. Attacker drives away.

How is the attacker not found face down in a pool of his own blood?

Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 2

This would have been better.

In my book, while I'm no 007, Rambo or what have you come at me and there is no trip to the hospital. Only the morgue. Easier in court when there's only my side of the story.

Zimmerman might disagree.  It seems people come out of the wordwork to defend the deceased.  Response might not be so profound if you didn't have all the family of the perp crying about how you slain their golden boy, honor student, helping old ladies cross the road son. 

Edited by dats82
  • Like 1
  • Moderators

Clearly, the victim was shooting a nine.  In a week or two, when the attacker starts to feel week from blood loss, he will show up at a hospital and they will arrest him.

Don't be so naive, a while back they invented band-aids so I doubt he even lost any blood.

(If you're going to jump on the anti-9 bandwagon, figured I'd play along)

• Like 1
Guest MilitiaMan

I personally feel Zimmerman is an over the top, gung-ho, rambo, mall cop type that committed murder. I hope he gets everything he deserves.

In that case I'm glad so many have spoken up for the deceased.

Zimmerman might disagree.  It seems people come out of the wordwork to defend the deceased.  Response might not be so profound if you didn't have all the family of the prep crying about how you slain their golden boy, honor student, helping old ladies cross the road son. 

I personally feel Zimmerman is an over the top, gung-ho, rambo, mall cop type that committed murder. I hope he gets everything he deserves.

I'm not interested in reigniting that arguement, just trying to point out that, just because the deceased may not talk, there is often no shortage of those who wish to speak out or yell on their behalf. 

• Like 1

This might be a good time for us to take a deep breath and remember that what gets added to the Internet stays in the Internet....FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

So it's not too hard to see how a prosecuter might use one's own words to show a judge or jury that a person did indeed intend to kill the deceased attacker, and in fact pre-meditated that desired outcome, not just used lethal force stop a threat to his/her life or serious bodily injury.

• Like 2

The attacker was close enough for the victim to be in fear for his life. Said victim fires "several" rounds at attacker. Attacker drives away.

Maybe buying a gun for self defense then never practicing to become proficient with it. There is an important step involved in self defense between buying a gun and having to use it for self defense. this guy is very lucky not to be facing charges for a misplaced round.

If you really want to rehash that crap there are seveal threads with hundreds of posts on the matter.  Go find one if you want to bring it up again please.

• Like 5

This might be a good time for us to take a deep breath and remember that what gets added to the Internet stays in the Internet....FOREVERRRRRRRRRRR

So it's not too hard to see how a prosecuter might use one's own words to show a judge or jury that a person did indeed intend to kill the deceased attacker, and in fact pre-meditated that desired outcome, not just used lethal force stop a threat to his/her life or serious bodily injury.

Lots of truth.

Guest nra37922

If you really want to rehash that crap there are seveal threads with hundreds of posts on the matter.  Go find one if you want to bring it up again please.

Ahhh necroposting....

Good for him! Will Oblamo talk about that?

What about Schumer? Bloomberg? Finestine?

Yeh right. 

How about Piers Morgan?

It's ok that they have armed body guards. But Joe Q. Public...............

Oh Noooooooo.  :rant:

Guest Sgt. Joe

Those were my exact initial thoughts too TDR.

I feel far too many take their permit class and then carry daily but never return to the range to practice. I wish I could get to the range more often than I do but at least I do go as much as I can. Practice in this area will never make perfect but does make one better.

I feel that the $250.00 that they charge here for a year long membership is worth every penny. Even if a person can not come up with that amount all at once, skipping one Big-Mac meal for the family would cover an hour or so of range time and be a whole lot more wholesome for the families health.

I have no problem defending my life or that of others but would never forgive myself if I hit an innocent, so I practice as I feel most here do. 

I really do think a lot of folks simply dont think these things through and think that just the idea of having a gun makes them invincible. I dread the day a permit holder kills an innocent and makes us all look bad.

Finally a smart one! "The victim declined to comment" 

Yeah it's pretty hard to hit stuff when you've got confusion + adrenaline to deal with on top of worrying about hitting someone innocent, and your life.  Seen multiple magazines emptied at people in Bosnia and the guy was finally clipped in the neck by someone outside of the fight... and that was by trained people.

Guest MilitiaMan

Thanks it was brought up by someone else and I responded. Period.   Check your facts.

Edited by MilitiaMan
Guest MilitiaMan

I make no bones about it. Should a mugger attack me, thief break in my house etc and I feel that myself or my family are in danger of bodily harm? I plan on killing them before they kill me or my family. I don't intend on injuring. I have no problem saying it here, in public, in court or anywhere. We live in a violent world, I'm simply willing to use that same violence against the other guy.

No issues here.  Especially since I carry one.

Don't be so naive, a while back they invented band-aids so I doubt he even lost any blood.

(If you're going to jump on the anti-9 bandwagon, figured I'd play along)