North Korean Missle launch...

DaveS

The north koreans under Kim, junk uh have missiles poised to lauch at the US (or somebody). One; do we shoot down said missile as soon as it clears the "tree line" or wait unti we know for sure where "said missile" is heading? With all the threats we've received, I say shoot it down as soon as it clears NK airspace, test or otherwise!!

Dave S

Reminds me of when I was a kid in highschool. You would have that one kid that wouldn't ever swing, but be would pump fake over an over hoping to get you to swing so he could cry foul.

That is what DPRK is doing. Pretending to go through with it to make the US rain fire on all they hold dear. Then they will start crying wanting to know why we attacked them.

Personally, I think it is time we remind the world that there is only one nation that has ever used nuclear weapons anger. With an example. I am pretty sure Iran would STFU too.

Edited by Murgatroy
  • Like 3

Can I just Challenge Kim Jong un to a fist fight in the parking lot?

The problem with this kid is he never grew up and needs someone to teach him a lesson.

personally I would have some stealth bombers in the area and as soon as they try to launch, the bombs would fall to make it look like they had a failed launch and never take credit for it.

Hey we have those stealth bombers for a reason.

• Like 1

Even craptech countries can shoot down one missile.   Where it gets ugly are swarms of missiles (most of them with no payload) or the big ones that go a little bit into outer space, break up into smaller ones, and send 300 projectiles back down (again, most of em fake).    These shotgun scenarios are a nightmare, you have just a few min to find and destroy the real warheads out of the bunch.  

As for nuking NK, that is a bad idea.  Fallout on our allies + tons of environmental problems.  Nukes should not be used if possible.   Conventional weaponry is plenty powerful.    However, in this case, its just not worth it to be the attacker.   We *have* to let them make the first move, and they will not.   Fat boy is not crazy --- he will not attack anyone when the entire world, including china, are against him.  

Can I just Challenge Kim Jong un to a fist fight in the parking lot?

The problem with this kid is he never grew up and needs someone to teach him a lesson.

You're really on to something there. Kid nap this guy and stick him in the ring with Anderson Silva for ten minutes. After he heals from his reconstructive surgery, he'll see things differently.

.......or just have a SEAL team put a bullet in his head and leave his body there for the worms. LOL

We *have* to let them make the first move, and they will not. Fat boy is not crazy --- he will not attack anyone when the entire world, including china, are against him.

I agree that the kid won't make a deliberate attack first, but all it takes is one wacky general to do something nuts that will have to be answered in kind. If some rougue arty officer on the border decides to fire for effect it could start the greatest war of our time. That is what I'm more worried about when tensions mount the way they are now.... only takes a spark.
  • Like 2
Guest MilitiaMan

Level N. Korea and be done with the entire debacle.

Perhaps I'm not calm, cool and collected and a bit overreactionary, but that's what I would do.

Have we ever had to shoot down missles? Just wondering how well those things work.

Did in Desert Storm against scuds and the tech is much better against them. From what I understand its much easier to do during the launch phase. The issues against the scuds had a lot to do with the fact that they were in incoming.

The Aegis Cruisers are supposed to be pretty good and last I heard there were 2 watching NK. I'm pretty sure any launch will be killed pretty quick.
Guest 6.8 AR

Have we ever had to shoot down missles? Just wondering how well those things work.

We started using Patriot missile batteries during the Gulf War(Desert Storm) to defend Israel against Scud

missile attacks. Probably more examples that this, but it is what I remember. We have much more effective

capability than that, now. We have had anti-ballistic missiles or, at least the capability for some time.

Anyone know about how fast their missiles travel?
Just curious if we fighters that can match that speed? The F-15 eagle running full tilt boogie can hit a good 1,800+ MPH. Can't tell me that there aren't some red blooded pilots out there willing to lay down their life to put down incoming missiles. That's a martyrs crown if there ever was one. I can't think of a more kick ass death than to go down saving millions.
Guest 6.8 AR

A missile travels a lot faster than that. Don't know about the descent phase, but there were missiles carried

by fighters that were fired at inbounds during tests. Don't remember the results, though. That was back in the 80's.

All kinds of weapons came out of Star Wars, during and after Reagan. Probably some of that strategy of defense

is around, now.

I cant give details but there is no pilot in a missile.  It can go faster without gforce effects, turn sharper, etc.  Depending on the smarts and design, it can easily outrun and outmaneuver a fighter pilot.   What it can't do is outrun and outmaneuver  a well placed missile from a fighter, but why bother, we can do the same from the ground at less risk to pilot?

• Like 1
It looks like a women's Billy Blanks class to me. Has anyone told them that then people of the word are laughing at them? What's with the guy holding his buddy so he can run parallel to the ground and kick a ring of people? It's bad Kung fu choreography....

Did that guy say victory depends on courage and resourcefulness? I'm pretty sure firepower might play a roll....

I think we should make an example out of them. Crush them in such a way it's embarrassing to their forces and humiliate KJU. Put him on a leash and have him eat kibble. It seems like people have forgotten the power of the U.S. Now if we could get our finances in order to fund our military. It worries me to think what might happen if the U.S. has to drop it defense budget drastically....
  • Like 1