Time to beat the dead horse some more.

Is this the same shop that has huge banners on the side offering to buy ammo?  If so they have just about anything you want in stock but I believe a box of 50 .22LR will run about $6 and that's for the cheap stuff.

They wanted $10 for it now and he looked offended when i snickered loudly in response.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk 2
I don't understand why wannabes who go out of their way to imitate law enforcement just don't become cops themselves. I mean, I guess I'm glad they don't since obviously this is about wanting to look like an authority figure which suggests they have some serious inferiority issues. Just doesn't make any sense. What a bunch of losers.
Guest mechanically

Wow. Just, wow. 

I have a feeling that folk wearing these are exactly the folk I worry about ruining my children's 2nd Amendment rights. 

That said, and assuming a random badge doesn't qualify as illegal impersonation of LE, I'm thankful I have the liberty to be a total goob, I will criticize their decision making, but defend their right to wear what they will. 

But still... really?   :shake:

I don't understand why wannabes who go out of their way to imitate law enforcement just don't become cops themselves. I mean, I guess I'm glad they don't since obviously this is about wanting to look like an authority figure which suggests they have some serious inferiority issues. Just doesn't make any sense. What a bunch of losers.

Why join the full force when they can join the reserves and direct traffic at the county fair?  That duty is so much more rewarding and they can waive at their buddies going through the gate.

Guest confidence

Here's why you need this badge because if you lack muzzle discipline the badge will save your life...

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=6EE7DHFNV6Y&feature=player_embedded&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D6EE7DHFNV6Y%26feature%3Dplayer_embedded

Yup. The person in this video needed to tell the 911 operator that he was confronted by someone with a knife and feared for his life. He also needed to tell them what the bad guy was wearing what his own self is wearing. He needed to tell the 911 operator that he is legally armed and has the perp at gunpoint and to please inform the officer that he has the BG at gunpoint. The 911 operator or the police officer can let the GG know when to put the gun down. Obviously, he also shouldn't have turned his gun toward the cop.

Better yet, when someone threatens you with a knife at such a close range in the manner done in this video, you are probably taking too big of a risk by not just simply pulling the trigger. He should have just taken him down.

I saw a husband & wife all tac'd out in 5.11 lookin gear with the badges like daves just put up, on bright gold chains on their necks with seriously... radio ear pieces too. I had to leave immediately before someone shot them for gp.
A buddy of mine went through his hcp class w/the sheriff(iirc?) in his little town or county, can't remember. And sheriff was giving them badges out as part of the completion & told them he expected to see folks wearin them to deter criminals in his area & avoid mwag calls if they were OCing or shirts exposed. It was hard & took a min because this koolaid apparently had a bunch of sugar in it but we had to have a discussion right then & there. Friends don't let friends wear permit badges.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2
Guest confidence

I saw a husband & wife all tac'd out in 5.11 lookin gear with the badges like daves just put up, on bright gold chains on their necks with seriously... radio ear pieces too. I had to leave immediately before someone shot them for gp.
A buddy of mine went through his hcp class w/the sheriff(iirc?) in his little town or county, can't remember. And sheriff was giving them badges out as part of the completion & told them he expected to see folks wearin them to deter criminals in his area & avoid mwag calls if they were OCing or shirts exposed. It was hard & took a min because this koolaid apparently had a bunch of sugar in it but we had to have a discussion right then & there. Friends don't let friends wear permit badges.

How about just deputize the whole county, while you're at it, too?

The bottom line is that it's just stupid and anyone who would wear such an item needs to just go to the house and stay there.

I imagine whoever would wear such "costume jewelry" got sent to their room plenty of times growing up.

• Like 1
Guest mechanically

I don't think they should be worn. This one here looks too much like a cop's badge, and should be banned.

TNlarge_zpse0e9d1e4.jpg

Dave S

I agree that they're foolish, but I think it might be worth thinking that out a bit.

"They should be banned" implies some entity telling you what you can and can't wear. I think we should probably be slow to ask Big Brother to help out with wardrobe decisions, among other things.

I haven't looked into it, but if these badges constitute impersonation of law enforcement, then it's already illegal, and we can report it as such if so moved.  Or not. Or we can just make fun of them for being goobers. We're free to do all of the above. And after all, we all know that NO TGO'er would be caught wearing one of these... Uhh, right? Maybe? Hmmm. Anyone out there care to mount a defense for these? I'd love to hear your logic!

I just want to encourage my fellow 2nd Amendment enthusiasts to be mindful of what we invite when we ask for help with every issue we dislike. 

The current ammo situation is a great example. I can't count how many posts I've read with "someone should do something about those resellers." Or, "that should be illegal."

I for one don't think it would be a good idea to trade my liberty to sell .22 shells for 20 cents/round for the security of 10cents/round because any entity mandates prices. (Obligatory acknowledgement that I haven't sold any .22 ammo on Armslist. Yet.)

Not trying to toss anyone under the bus, I just think we need to think clearly about how the liberty we enjoy is part of every aspect of life, and once we give any of it up, it's sure hard to get back...

Guest kj4gxu

I agree that they're foolish, but I think it might be worth thinking that out a bit.

"They should be banned" implies some entity telling you what you can and can't wear. I think we should probably be slow to ask Big Brother to help out with wardrobe decisions, among other things.

I haven't looked into it, but if these badges constitute impersonation of law enforcement, then it's already illegal, and we can report it as such if so moved.  Or not. Or we can just make fun of them for being goobers. We're free to do all of the above. And after all, we all know that NO TGO'er would be caught wearing one of these... Uhh, right? Maybe? Hmmm. Anyone out there care to mount a defense for these? I'd love to hear your logic!

I just want to encourage my fellow 2nd Amendment enthusiasts to be mindful of what we invite when we ask for help with every issue we dislike. 

The current ammo situation is a great example. I can't count how many posts I've read with "someone should do something about those resellers." Or, "that should be illegal."

I for one don't think it would be a good idea to trade my liberty to sell .22 shells for 20 cents/round for the security of 10cents/round because any entity mandates prices. (Obligatory acknowledgement that I haven't sold any .22 ammo on Armslist. Yet.)

Not trying to toss anyone under the bus, I just think we need to think clearly about how the liberty we enjoy is part of every aspect of life, and once we give any of it up, it's sure hard to get back...

I don't think they should be worn. This one here looks too much like a cop's badge, and should be banned.

TNlarge_zpse0e9d1e4.jpg

Dave S

The scary part is that looks just like the badges issued to the Clarksville Police Department and a lot of other cities in this area.  It also is the exact same style of badge issued to me as a LT on my Fire Department.  

I don't think it should be illegal to own or even carry as a novelty, but the moment some idiot whips it out thinking that it gives them some kind of authority or identification they should find themselves under investigation for impersonating a law enforcement officer.  Not sure if the charge would stick or not, but the question is there.  I would think if a person were involved in a shooting and started waving one of those around expecting the responding officers to treat them nicey nicey they might be in for a rude awakening.  Reported shooting + some guy they don't recognize ignoring the officers commands to get on the ground + said guy waving something shiny and metallic at the officers = potentially very bad ending.

The way I look at things like this is kind of like:

To my knowledge, there is no law against walking into a nice restaurant, standing so that your butt is right on the level with some stranger's face and cutting loose with the biggest, meanest, loudest and foulest fart that has ever been cut loose in the history of pinto beans and deviled eggs.  However, just because it may not technically be illegal - especially if you are 'subtle' enough about it that it isn't obvious whether it was really on purpose or not - doesn't mean it isn't a stupid, childish, moronic thing to do nor should you expect me to support your 'right' to do so.

Edited by JAB
Guest mechanically

The scary part is that looks just like the badges issued to the Clarksville Police Department and a lot of other cities in this area.  It also is the exact same style of badge issued to me as a LT on my Fire Department.  

I don't think it should be illegal to own or even carry as a novelty, but the moment some idiot whips it out thinking that it gives them some kind of authority or identification they should find themselves under investigation for impersonating a law enforcement officer.  Not sure if the charge would stick or not, but the question is there.  I would think if a person were involved in a shooting and started waving one of those around expecting the responding officers to treat them nicey nicey they might be in for a rude awakening.  Reported shooting + some guy they don't recognize ignoring the officers commands to get on the ground + said guy waving something shiny and metallic at the officers = potentially very bad ending.

I think that makes sense. Perhaps there might be "intent" in a charge of impersonation of law enforcement. Like, "he showed me a badge and told me to put my hands on my head," would come across differently than someone clipping this to their belt so as to impress Cletus at the next tractor pull. 

I recall with fondness a badge I got for my birthday as a young'un. It came with a whole sheriff outfit. Wore it with pride until the shiney had worn off the plastic, and I just had a tan plastic badge. Hope kids will always be able to emulate heros worth celebrating. It's a sad day when their imaginations are shut down by the system. 

You saw Dog the Bounty Hunter?

• Like 1
Guest mechanically

To my knowledge, there is no law against walking into a nice restaurant, standing so that your butt is right on the level with some stranger's face and cutting loose with the biggest, meanest, loudest and foulest fart that has ever been cut loose in the history of pinto beans and deviled eggs.  However, just because it may not technically be illegal - especially if you are 'subtle' enough about it that it isn't obvious whether it was really on purpose or not - doesn't mean it isn't a stupid, childish, moronic thing to do nor should you expect me to support your 'right' to do so.

I agree such an act would be vile, and perhaps even worthy of a charge of disturbing peace. I don't think I'd want to picket city hall to support someone's "right" to do something like that. 

But, I also think our culture is becoming guilty of knee-jerk reactions that sound like "someone should do something about that." If we ask someone/something to think for us, then I guarantee something will come along and oblige us. 

I'm not advocating a society of hellions behaving poorly, only that I believe liberty implies some degree of independence. Where we draw that line as a society is something we'll have to figure out. I recommend you vote for leaders who aren't worried about fake HCP badges, and are concerned with preserving your ability to make both good and bad decisions yourself. 

To the OP; humble apologies if I've led your post in a direction you don't appreciate. I won't continue further unless you feel like engaging. I'd like to be respectful when I'm in your digital living room!

Guest confidence

No, that's assault with a deadly weapon, bro...

I had a badge similar to the shield design when I was on the local volunteer fire department they were issued as part of a dress uniform but some of the guys couldn't leave it at that, a couple had the wallet badge holder, some had the necklace holder, mine stayed in the drawer with my pins and name plate. Moral of the story, badges make simple minded folks feel important.

To my knowledge, there is no law against walking into a nice restaurant, standing so that your butt is right on the level with some stranger's face and cutting loose with the biggest, meanest, loudest and foulest fart that has ever been cut loose in the history of pinto beans and deviled eggs. However, just because it may not technically be illegal - especially if you are 'subtle' enough about it that it isn't obvious whether it was really on purpose or not - doesn't mean it isn't a stupid, childish, moronic thing to do nor should you expect me to support your 'right' to do so.

Disorderly conduct.

You saw Dog the Bounty Hunter?

Actually it was a black couple probably in their late 40s, early 50s. What wasn't tac gear was biker leather along with their OCing. It was a strange day that was, I won 100bucks on a 2buck scratch off too. (There were motorcycles out front).