DOJ keeping tabs on reporters

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/05/13/justice-department-secretly-obtains-ap-phone-records/

I've only seen this on Fox so far.  Looks like the AP is all in a tizzy because they figured out someone in the WH / DOJ is pulling phone records and no one will say why.  Don't know how to interpret it, but if the media were a bit more shy and critical of the .gov it wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Guest Lester Weevils

These reporters scandalized that the DOJ might have a two months' list of their outgoing phone calls, but as far is known, no information about the phone call content or incoming calls... Heaven forbid that their precious privacy might have been bruised.

Wonder how many of those reporters were delighted about newspapers publishing gun-permit lists containing thousands of names, addresses, and more info about "gun nuts"?

It's amusing to see the libtard friends I have on FB flipping out over this.

I've been posting "welcome to the party" in reply.

This almost makes me wish I was friends with liberals on Facebook......almost.

• Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

I about swore off TV for several months and can't recall the last time I watched any primetime cable newstalk shows.

Turned it on a few minits tonight, to find that Piers Morgan has her panties in a wad about the AP phone records and Rachael Maddow has his panties in a wad about the IRS scandal. Hmmm. Dunno what to think.

Its not all topsy turvey yet though, because Piers had good old reliable congressman Cummings on to dissemble and excuse these scandals.

Wonder if there will come a time the liberals newly concerned with coverups and abuses, will ever recall a little item called Fast and Furious?

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest PapaB

Have to wonder if this was leaked to draw the media's attention away from Bengazhi. They tend to have a short attention span and are easily distracted, as are most creatures with miniature mental capacities.

Guest Lester Weevils

Managed to watch the evening news shows almost an hour before couldn't stand it any more. The epbfi channel lineup makes it real convenient because foxnews, cnn, and bsnbc are all in the same numeric channel range. Don't have to jump around, just hit the up/down button.

Didn't catch O'Reilly but can't stand that jackass anyway. The rest of em are tolerable in small doses, in the fashion of carnival sideshow freaks. Each repeating the acts perfected after decades of repitition. Do the eraserhead dance while performing remarkable stunts. Spew more BS than the biggest bull. Effortlessly swallow lies which would choke a whale.

But I had to turn off the idiot box after a few minutes of Lawrence O'Donnel, who may be the most despicable person on the planet. For more than 50 years have believed in neither heaven nor hell, but if hell actually does exist then O'Donnel has a special spot reserved in the lowest circle of hell. A lying cold snake who even looks reptilian, who would rather spin an elaborate lie than tell the simplest truth. Wouldn't pee on O'Donnel if he was on fire and I'd just finished shooting a case of beer. But other than that O'Donnel is an OK guy I suppose. :)

Edited by Lester Weevils
Guest 6.8 AR

I love your writing style today, Lester. Knowing you, I never expected that pit bull to come out like that. :D

You need to keep up whatever you're doing. :rofl:

Guest Lester Weevils

I love your writing style today, Lester. Knowing you, I never expected that pit bull to come out like that. :D

You need to keep up whatever you're doing. :rofl:

At a certain age we must work hard to be a properly grumpy misanthropic geezer. It is one's sacred duty to continue the tradition. Some aspects come naturally, but excellence does require dedicated practice.

Another challenge is to cultivate a suitably grizzled appearance. For instance, daily shaving is very bad for a grizzled image. On the other hand, shaving every third day, you only get one good grizzled day out of every three. Thirty-three percent grizzled.

However, if one never shaves, then after awhile one is at worst a cuddly santa lookalike and at best merely an over-the-hill deliverance redneck (assuming one wears the proper attire).

Shaving about once per week might be as good as it gets. A couple of days relatively respectable appearance and a couple of days having a "very short beard", but you get a good three days in-between looking like the classic grizzled elderly derelict! About fifty percent grizzled might be the max realistically attainable. :)

Guest RedLights&Sirens

This article is funny-- So many scandals that stenny hoyer can't keep em straight whilst making excuses for obama to the press--

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/scandal-plagued-washington-lawmaker-struggles-keep-track-issues-175311063.html

Hahaha wow! Thanks for the laugh.

So now that the MSM is in the political crosshairs as well, is there a good (or any) chance that they could swing our way a little bit? This article shows that even yahoo didnt hesitate to talk down on a "top" Democrat. Seems kind of hopeful. Yes, no?
Guest Lester Weevils

Hahaha wow! Thanks for the laugh.

So now that the MSM is in the political crosshairs as well, is there a good (or any) chance that they could swing our way a little bit? This article shows that even yahoo didnt hesitate to talk down on a "top" Democrat. Seems kind of hopeful. Yes, no?

Dunno. They hate the right so much maybe they would rather go with the devil they know.

Guest PapaB

They won't ignore us because of this but they will go after the Dem's they usually support. Don't forget, this isn't the MSM disagreeing with the Dems, this is the MSM under attack by the Dems. They won't let this pass unnoticed since it's affecting them, they'll think the world should know. Someone will pay, but not nearly as much as they should. My guess is that AG Holder will see more scrutiny from the media from now on.