I've been known to play with a few guns, but never really messed with any cool knives. I decided to dip my toe in the water and grab a couple. I did do some looking before I ordered, and bought one because of rave reviews from TGO knife geeks.

The first is a ZT0350, and the second is a Benchmade Ball Axis Flipper. They look real similar, but are very different knives. Not sure which one I like better yet. I do think the the Benchmade looks a little sexier. Anyway, here they are...

IMG_0846a_zps9ebfc202.jpgIMG_0847a_zpsc2b80bcc.jpg

Edited by mikegideon

I love my ZT0350. Congrats!

Macgyver wasn't kidding. The blade deploys with some authority. The Benchmade doesn't have any spring assist, and requires a little wrist flick. It's real quiet when it deploys, and a lot easier to close. Real smooth knife.

You guys are killing me. I can barely keep up with the Joneses on guns, now you're showing me knives I didn't know I needed too.

Both are dead sexy! Edited by BigK

I can tell you one thing, Benchmade put more thought into the thumb stud placement. That's been my only complaint with the ZT. I have big fingers, making the thumb stud very difficult to use. Hopefully they will realize their error and move it farther away from the handle.

Yep. The thumb studs are pretty useless on the ZT, but the flipper is a thing of beauty. Since I'm a greenhorn, it doesn't bother me. I'm not used to thumb studs anyway. As popular as the 0350 is, I'm betting they won't change it.

I like 'em both!!  I cant tell much difference in either one; they are both great manufacturers.

Check this guy out if ya like the Kershaw or ZT stuff: http://kershawguy.com/products-page/zt-blems/

I keep several of the small Kershaws around (...the sharp, pointy one --- the "leek"...).  Got a a couple of the all black ones and cant find the "blemishes" other than the 4 little xxxx's on the blade.  Just ordered a ZT 200 blem from the guy; as im fond of "bigger" (...4 inch or so...) blades.  Cant beat 'em for 95 clams if you are genuinely gonna use 'em.

Enjoy!

leroy

I'm looking at the Kershaw Cryo as a cheap-but-cool knife to just scatter around. I don't do much heavy cutting. I'm sure I'll wind up with some higher end knives too. I'll never get to the level of Kong or Willis. My guns eat too much of my disposable money. I can see myself owning a Sebensa class knife or two.

I'm looking at the Kershaw Cryo as a cheap-but-cool knife to just scatter around. I don't do much heavy cutting. I'm sure I'll wind up with some higher end knives too. I'll never get to the level of Kong or Willis. My guns eat too much of my disposable money. I can see myself owning a Sebensa class knife or two.

Last month at the Nashville Flea Market, there was a guy selling Kershaws and CRKTs. He was selling Cryos for $30. Kershaw Guy had them not too long ago for $25 just to thin out some of his inventory, but he has since gone back up to $32.

Edited by daddyo
Guest sL1k
If you can get a couple people to order byedan a vendor on here can get new zt's for that Kershawguy sells the blems for
Edited by sL1k

From what I'm reading, the Cryo is a $30 knife. As with most Chinese stuff, the QC is kinda all over the place. Haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. It's cool, though. Hinderer design.

Of course, in digging up that info, I kept dragging up the ZT 0560. That's a helluva knife. Knowing me, my eyes will pop open in the wee hours, and I'll drop the $2XX for the good one.

OK... I didn't get the Cryo. I got the ZT0561 instead. As I was looking at it, Google sent me to a Mav review on TGO. I figure if he liked it that much, I will too. $209, no tax, no shipping. Thanks to Mav for helping me spend my money :)

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/47535-zt-0561-hinderer-warning-pic-heavy/

You are more than welcome. :) The 0561 is a great knife.  I see the price has come down too, which is always nice.

If you want to spend some more, I would recommend getting a CR Sebenza.  I have around 20 or so CR knives, and I believe he makes some of the finest production knives available.  If you ever decide to get one, I would recommend just a plain jane large Sebenza, preferably the Starbenza.  Forget the fancy graphics, damascus, etc... unless you don't plan on using it.  I use the crap out of my Starbenza and it keeps on cutting. 

I love all my ZT knives, but they don't see anywhere near the pocket time as my Starbenza.

You are more than welcome.  :) The 0561 is a great knife.  I see the price has come down too, which is always nice.

If you want to spend some more, I would recommend getting a CR Sebenza.  I have around 20 or so CR knives, and I believe he makes some of the finest production knives available.  If you ever decide to get one, I would recommend just a plain jane large Sebenza, preferably the Starbenza.  Forget the fancy graphics, damascus, etc... unless you don't plan on using it.  I use the crap out of my Starbenza and it keeps on cutting. 

I love all my ZT knives, but they don't see anywhere near the pocket time as my Starbenza.

The Sebenza is on my short list. I'm not planning on a huge collection, but definately want to hit the high spots.

BTW, a new 0561 is still $261 on the Kershawguy site. I got this one on Amazon. They beat everybody's price on both ZT knives.

Edited by mikegideon

Most definitely get yourself a Chris Reeve knife when you can. I currently have a Sebenza 25 and a Wilson Combat Star Tac, ( Chris Reeve Umnumzaan) I love them both but tend to carry the Star Tac more. In my opinion these are the absolute best production folding knives that money can buy, I own much more expensive knives but for the money these are my best

You have already gotten the bug and the nice thing about knives is that you do not have to feed them ammo!