Gov. Haslam: No need for more state gun legislation

What this state doesn't need any more of are politicians who wouldn't know an unalienable right if it crawled into bed with them and bit them in the ass.

Haslam, Ramsey, Harwell and more than I have time to name are worthless politicians and unworthy to be in any elected office...these people make me sick to my stomach that I ever once identified myself as a Republican. Edited by RobertNashville
  • Like 7

Snozz is gettin ready for a senatorial or national run for something (...prez i would opine...).  He has to appeal to all sectors of the electorate.  Hence; "haslamspeak" on gun rights and "expanded background checks".  Politics at it's worst.  He is just like the others.  He worships and covets the god of power.  Robert's post above is right.

libertarian leroy

Edited by leroy
  • Like 2

Per Dr. Suzanna Gratia-Hupp:

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual… as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." 

Our Governor consistently exhibits a penchant for considering Stalin's Bourgeoisie in need of having direct supervision for most of their requirements, more especially those which relate to deciding who their Judges should be, how and why they are to avail themselves of the Right to keep and bear arms, those niggling issues one would assume that the Constitution of the State's Framers intended to be finalized when they left ink on the issues.

Edited by Worriedman
  • Like 4

I'm looking forward to Haslam's mail to me asking for donations to support whatever he's going to run for (either a new office or a second term)...he isn't going to like my response (not that I think he'll personally see it).

Does anybody want to bet on whether Haslam will once again reach out to the TFA???

He might but I don't think he has the b***s to come to another meeting.  ;)

Edited by RobertNashville
Guest TankerHC

Excellent example of Politispeak.

“I think there has to be a better way to do background checks. ... It makes sense and I think we can do it without infringing on people’s Second Amendment rights,” he said"

Then when asked about it.

“I don’t have anything in mind,” he said. “I don’t know enough to be specific about that. ... I think there are people into that who are further down that road than I am.”

So he makes a comment and states THEY can do it without infringing on 2A RIghts. But doesnt have any ideas and doesnt know enough about it.

About the same as "We have to pass this law so we can find out whats in it"

What this state doesn't need any more of are politicians who wouldn't know an unalienable right if it crawled into bed with them and bit them in the ass.

Haslam, Ramsey, Harwell and more than I have time to name are worthless politicians and unworthy to be in any elected office...these people make me sick to my stomach that I ever once identified myself as a Republican

That's why I am turning more and more into a Libertarian.  I don't think Haslam will run for President, yet.  I think he will run for Lamar's Senate seat, first.  Then use that as a stepping stone.  He will not get my vote.

• Like 2
Guest scott4813

I am sure I am not on Haslams or Ramsey's mailing list, not after the few emails I have sent them as well as Harwell, Finney and a few others. Which is good for me so I don't get any bullshit endorsement or contribution mail or emails.

That's why I am turning more and more into a Libertarian.  I don't think Haslam will run for President, yet.  I think he will run for Lamar's Senate seat, first.

Yep, that's the logical course, one more term as guv then Senator.

- OS

I am sure I am not on Haslams or Ramsey's mailing list, not after the few emails I have sent them as well as Harwell, Finney and a few others. Which is good for me so I don't get any bull#### endorsement or contribution mail or emails.

I've had so conversations with Ramsey and with some of his staff that they couldn't possibly take as "supportive" of his policies but I still get his stuff; including Christmas cards!  :)

That's why I am turning more and more into a Libertarian.  I don't think Haslam will run for President, yet.  I think he will run for Lamar's Senate seat, first.  Then use that as a stepping stone.  He will not get my vote.

Seems more and more I'm turning into someone who just doesn't give a s**t any more...I'll probably keep voting in elections, maybe even make a donation to a candidate here and there but my expectations are so low at this point that I can't bring myself to believe it will make a difference!

I was really likely Rubio and Rnad Paul until they not fell but JUMPED onto the "comprehensive" (meaning amnesty) immigration reform bull shit. I can't in good conscious support or vote for any politician that things giving our country away to 11 (more likely 20) million criminals is a good thing.