Umarex Regent 1911A-1 .45 acp firing 3 bullets per pull of triger.

I bought a Umarex Regent 1911A-1 .45 acp and a Glock 26 9mm in February of the this year and just got around to taking them to the range. I fired 150 round through each gun. The Glock was what you would expect, no issues!.

The Regent was another story. Main problem was that every 3rd or 4th magazine, either pull the trigger and 3-4 rounds would fire or the hammer would be down. Would have to cock it to fire the next round. Like the hammer was following the slide movement. Not a ammo or clip problem. Hope this makes sense. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by sgtyork

1911's don't have clips.  Now that's out of the way (trust me someone else will call you on it, I personally don't care).

I recommend you thoroughly clean it and properly grease the slide rails.  Grease not oil. 

If that doesn't work something is broken.  Maybe some bubba had it before you and decided to do a little action work.

Thanks, but 45 is brand new. 1st time fired was today except factory. Sorry magazine

1911's don't have clips.  Now that's out of the way (trust me someone else will call you on it, I personally don't care).

I recommend you thoroughly clean it and properly grease the slide rails.  Grease not oil. 

If that doesn't work something is broken.  Maybe some bubba had it before you and decided to do a little action work.

Edited by sgtyork

Sounds like the sear has been bubba'd. Do youself a favor and go down to the local gunshop and buy a replacement hammer and sear.

Stick them in the gun and try it again. Only 2 rounds per mag. See if it repeats. It shouldn't. Here's how you take it apart... 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIIT0Dv2JVA

and put it back together.,...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4P4XJTKzKEU

Hope this helps ya.

Lp

Edited by Lowpower

There are several things that can be causing this. The sear spring may not have enough pressure to ensure the sear engages the hammer hook. The sear or hammer itself could be screwed up some how. The disconnector may be too short and not disengaging the sear to allow it to reset properly.

Just out of curiosity how many times have you dropped the slide on any empty chamber? This can affect the function of a 1911 just like you describe, espcially if the sear/hammer engagement dimensions are on the small side.

When you replace the sear and hammer be very mindful of the thumb safety and ensure it works. Most guns need to have the thumb safety fitted to the sear and a new sear may not work properly with the current thumb safety.

What you want to do is start out with the cheapest way to fix it. That would be to bend the leg of the 3 finger spring to apply more pressure to the sear. Next I would buy a sear because it is what I have seen damaged more than a hammer and it is cheaper than a hammer. Then I would buy a hammer if the problem persisted. I would buy a disonnect last because I have rarely seen them too short, it does happen but it is rare.

• Like 1

Sound like your sear spring needs to be re-bent but be careful you can put to much tension on it,like the post above start with the cheapest parts first.If it continues to go full auto stop and take it to a qualified gunsmith that knows 1911's.

Bought it and put it in the safe until I could go to the range.  

Just out of curiosity how many times have you dropped the slide on any empty chamber? This can affect the function of a 1911 just like you describe, espcially if the sear/hammer engagement dimensions are on the small side.

Thanks everyone for their thought and suggestions. Called the dealer and will swap out for another new one tomorrow. Not sure when I'll get to fire it, but if the new does it also, I'll follow Dolomite_supafly and Lowpower tips (thanks). Edited by sgtyork
  • Like 2

Swapped out for new 1911. Took it home and took it apart to clean and was really disappointed. Finish we bad, discoloring on barrel, and a rough edge top rear ejector port. Guess I'll try to swap back if they let me and fix the original one.

Since both the first gun and the one you now have are new, why not send which ever one you keep back to the manufacturer for repair.
Either one should be under warranty.

I guess I could have, but since that day at the range was the first time I shot it and the dealer was on the way, I just swapped out. Cheaper than sending it back. BTW I live near Bolivar and the dealer's name is State Wide Pawn Shop. They offered to send it back for me or trade for another one. Had to run new back ground check because it was to long since I bought it (3 months). They did not charge me for the check either. Now that is what I call customer service!!!

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Stgyork,

I have three Regents.2 R100's and an R200S. The R200S is the maxed out version (ambi safety, beavertail, 3dot sight, skeletonized trigger and hammer, stainless steel). I have used them in 4 different handgun classes with 5 to 600 rounds each class. I have not had any problems with either of them. maybe you just got a bad one. clean the new one real good before shooting it, that may help. As a side not, I have had a multi fire situation with another 1911 in the past, however, it was my shooting technique that caused the problem ( pressed the trigger more that once).

• 2 weeks later...

Stgyork,

I have three Regents.2 R100's and an R200S. The R200S is the maxed out version (ambi safety, beavertail, 3dot sight, skeletonized trigger and hammer, stainless steel). I have used them in 4 different handgun classes with 5 to 600 rounds each class. I have not had any problems with either of them. maybe you just got a bad one. clean the new one real good before shooting it, that may help. As a side not, I have had a multi fire situation with another 1911 in the past, however, it was my shooting technique that caused the problem ( pressed the trigger more that once).

Thanks joeleerj. As bad as it sounds, I have not had time to go to the range since I traded the Regent. If this one does it. Ill get this one fixed. I do enjoyed shooting it but need to get better sights in the near future. My old eyes struggle with the small black sights.

• 2 weeks later...

Just turn to the guy next to you at the range with a sly grin and say "Pretty sweet, huh?"

Good one Caster, I never thought of that!!  Went to the range today and ran 150 rounds through it without any problems!!! Dealer let me swap out the slide and barrel from the first one so that solved the finish problem.

Gathered all the spent cases and when sorting them I notices a mark across the edge of the rim near the primmer of each one. Anyone seen that before?

Edited by sgtyork

Good one Caster, I never thought of that!!  Went to the range today and ran 150 rounds through it without any problems!!! Dealer let me swap out the slide and barrel from the first one so that solved the finish problem.

Gathered all the spent cases and when sorting them I notices a mark across the edge of the rim near the primmer of each one. Anyone seen that before?

Post a picture - somebody on here almost certainly has.