1,000 yard F class - 14 years old

I don't like to brag about my kids publicly but I think in this case, he deserves it.

My son got the F class bug and wanted to try some of these matches. Anyone that knows him, knows he's a pretty darn good shot on various platforms. However, we never did 1,000 until this Feb. He tried his 1st match and had a rough start getting on paper. Once he did, he did pretty decent for the 1st time out, especially at 14 years old. He missed the 1st relay so we never shot a full match.

Yesterday he shot in the ORSA match in Oak Ridge. Only 2nd time at 1,000 and 1st full match. On his 1st relay he shot a 182 out of 200. Few 8's but mostly 9's and 10's. I made him a bet that when/if he ever did better than 500 total for a match, I would buy him lunch wherever he wants. After yesterday, I have to pay up. He shot a total score of 522 out of 600. He got in the bullseye four times with a 4X's. He made all his own elevation and windage corrections. He got a tip from a paired shooter and started watching the other shooters where they were correcting.

So I am extremely proud of him and think he did a fantastic job at any age for a starter, let alone 14. That match is extremely well run and moves at a good pace. Lastly, the people there were great. Thanks Harold and Jeffery for the tips and scoring.

IMG_05921.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLA3YZmoG4I

Edited by Tempest455
  • Like 4

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.