Any Scuba Divers on TGO?

Guest TankerHC

Never been a diver, ever. But according to my DD214 I am an Army Diver, which automatically makes me a professional.

(Been trying to get that corrected for 11 years)

I'm PADI certified, but have not dove for over 15 years. I had all my own gear when lived in Florida, but I sold it all when I moved to TN. I don;t think I would feel comfortable diving again without getting re-certified, or at least taking some kind of refresher.

I am PADI certified and have dove over 50 times.  Used to go on Monday's when I lived in Boca Raton.  Saw lots of cool and crazy stuff off the Palm Beach coast.

I did all my diving in that area too. I grew up in Boynton Beach.

I'm PADI certified, but have not dove for over 15 years. I had all my own gear when lived in Florida, but I sold it all when I moved to TN. I don;t think I would feel comfortable diving again without getting re-certified, or at least taking some kind of refresher.

I did all my diving in that area too. I grew up in Boynton Beach.

I sold all my stuff to a friend when we moved out of there.   I used to go out on a dive boat out of Palm Beach right across from Peanut Island.  Mondays were great days to dive, their boat was never crowded usually 3 to 6 divers.  I had no friends who dove so the dive guide was always my buddy.   I met him in a bar in Boca and thats how I came to use the boat he worked on.

Edited by Mike.357

Got certified a few years ago. Still have all the gear but with TN being landlocked, I haven't felt the urge to get back into it. Quarries just don't do much for me. If it was all like the diving I did on a cruise, I'd probably still be doing it.

Open water certified since 1977. Dove in the Cayman Islands, Chrystal River with the manatees, Florida Keys, and Mexico. Most fun I ever had was sitting cross legged in the sand 85' down feeding the fish squid. You'd be surprised how quickly you can make friends with a hand full of squid.

Open water certified since 1977. Dove in the Cayman Islands, Chrystal River with the manatees, Florida Keys, and Mexico. Most fun I ever had was sitting cross legged in the sand 85' down feeding the fish squid. You'd be surprised how quickly you can make friends with a hand full of squid.

On a certification dive in Lake Ouachita, AR, we were feeding the fish while we waited for everyone to finish demo'ing skills for the instructor.  A 5-inch Brim decided a mole or something on my ear looking like whatever we were feeding it.  It would sneak up over my shoulder and bite me on the top of my left ear.  Let me tell you, Brim bites on the ear in cold water hurt more than you would think.

• Like 1
Guest Ceolas

NAUI Certified. Helped out as an Assistant Instructor at the University of Arkansas for 2 years ~20 years ago.

About 30 hours underwater, but haven't been diving in 20 years.

PADI certified. Advanced, deep water, nitrox and a handful of others. I haven't gone in a several years but I've been diving for over forty years.

My father was a professional diver in his younger days (old style brass Mk V) and I grew up with a tank on my back.

On a certification dive in Lake Ouachita, AR, we were feeding the fish while we waited for everyone to finish demo'ing skills for the instructor.  A 5-inch Brim decided a mole or something on my ear looking like whatever we were feeding it.  It would sneak up over my shoulder and bite me on the top of my left ear.  Let me tell you, Brim bites on the ear in cold water hurt more than you would think.

Oh for sure. I had one bugger up at Pennyroyle pester a mole on my neck enough to make it bleed. I wore a precautionary bandaid on the next dive.

I'm certified, last trip about 2 years ago to Cayman Brac. i love it, just don't get to go as much as if like. I've been thinking about going to Islamorada......they have some nice laid back diving which is all i do anymore. Edited by Randall53
Guest drv2fst

PADI certified diver, but I've only been a dozen times or so.  Usually go to Turks and Caicos islands.  Great diving there.

Advanced Padi diver, Used to live in Hawaii and worked at a Dive shop then a wholesale distributor for dacor there. Loved it. Wnet diving at a quarry just off pennyrail highway to keep sharp. My father really got into it and has gone hardcore technical. I miss the Pacific.