TN black caucus calls for review of 'Stand Your Ground' law

• Authorized Vendor

Tell them to send some white kids through the hood one at a time, acting however they want, and see what happens. Any kid should be safe, but any person should be able to protect their life.

Bingo. Of course it's never going to happen. I'm sick and tired of these race baiting assholes. Clearing they can't be stupid enough to believe this shit they are pedaling. If anyone has set race relations back it's been assholes like them and of course the Asshole in Chief we have and his dipstick Head Lawyer. These people have to be among the evil, ignorant pieces of shit we have in this country.

• Like 2
Time to email our rep and voice our word jest like we had to do on the gun control debate but for our state now , don't wait till its to late . I see thay are going to protest this week end .
So, by these idiots reasoning, I should be able to feel safe to walk down Jefferson Street after dark wearing a Lynyrd Skynyrd tshirt and whistling Dixie because I'm not hurting anyone.

Oh these people need a clue.....and bad!
  • Like 3

Related stuff.  Very interesting editorial from National Review.  RE:  Politics and influence in state (...Fla...) government.  Republican government by the way:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/353734/politics-and-justice-florida-ian-tuttle/page/0/1

leroy

Rick Scott already responded to Holder's crap. They had a task force look at it. The result... they're gonna leave it as is.

• Like 1

The Media, who seem lately, to be the arbiter of race, have decided that a person half white and half hispanic is white...but a person who is half black and half white is black.  There are NO African Americans who are 100% black. (too many white slave owners before 1860)  Are the folks with the great tans just black? 

I am so sick of this crap.  So a black youth gets killed by a white neighborhood watchman and the world goes crazy.  We have a full year of media insanity over this case, and its all because a white man killed a black kid.  Where was the media outrage and frenzy when a bunch of black folks gangraped, tortured and executed two white folks (Christian / Newsom)?  God this is ridiculous.  

When did this happen? I must have missed that story due to the one about this Hispanic watchman and the black Yute.

• Like 1

Children SHOULD be able to walk the streets without fear of being accosted....by the same token a resident of a neighborhood SHOULD be able to ask an unfamiliar person who they are without fear of being physically attacked.  

But a 5'11 165 lb 17 year old is FAR from a CHILD. I know because that is what size I was at 19 years old in college.  In fact...for context..."Marvelous" Marvin Hagler, Thomas "the hitman" Hearns and "Sugar Ray" Leonard all fought at that same weight in their boxing careers. So this is NOT some 100 lb 12 year old that they are trying to portray. It is a grown man. 

Edited by Cruel Hand Luke

The Media, who seem lately, to be the arbiter of race, have decided that a person half white and half hispanic is white...but a person who is half black and half white is black.  There are NO African Americans who are 100% black. (too many white slave owners before 1860)  Are the folks with the great tans just black? 

Lot of people hold dual citizenship with Africa these days.

Guest PapaB

The funny thing about Florida's SYG law is that blacks have benefited from it more than whites have. Take a look at this article.

http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/blacks-benefit-from-florida-stand-your-ground-law-at-disproportionate-rate/

Black Floridians have made about a third of the state’s total “Stand Your Ground” claims in homicide cases, a rate nearly double the black percentage of Florida’s population. The majority of those claims have been successful, a success rate that exceeds that for Florida whites.

There I go again, muddying the waters with facts that have no place in the liberal agenda.

Edited by PapaB

The funny thing about Florida's SYG law is that blacks have benefited from more than whites have. Take a look at this article.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/07/16/blacks-benefit-from-florida-stand-your-ground-law-at-disproportionate-rate/

There I go again, muddying the waters with facts that have no place in the liberal agenda.

why is it that the media does not want to bring this up . I wonder hummmmm
It seems like some of these black "leaders" are fine with selling em out just like black African slave traders.

I reckon many actual slaves were similar. They got all things from their owners and never even considered the fact that they were enslaved.
  • Like 1

The headline says "TN Black Caucus" so I suspect there is eight more.

??

I actually went through TN Legislature, found that there seem to be 17 blacks:

Senate: 1 man, 2 women

House: 8 men, 6 women

So, 17 out of 132.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot