.22LR Miracle

I vowed not to buy ammo at an LGS until I could walk into a big box store and buy bricks of ammo.  The local gun stores around here are still metering out 3 50/rd boxes of crap bulk at a time if you have your name on a list.  It appears we aren't to the level yet where I will buy from an LGS, but maybe it won't be till the end of 2015.  This took 2 days at 6 box/customer/day at a sort of big box store that specializes in agricultural supplies.  When I stopped in the second day and saw that this particular brand had been resupplied I was shocked.  It was the only brand of .22 on the shelf.  .12/rd - ouch!! It better shoot better than CCI SV or Centurian.

EleyTarget_zps7d1ec516.jpg

Edited by graycrait

I'm not going to say right now because most anyone in Clarksville will figure it out and then I expect the Capitalists, 'er I mean looters, will likely arrange to strip the place like they do big box stores using shill purchasers, bribes and what have you. Nightrunner, all I can tell you that it isn't the Viola Valley Market on the way to the Viola Valley Shooting Range.

Edited by graycrait
  • Like 1
  • Admin Team

The Outpost had several varieties of Eley .22LR when I was in there last week.  They had a sign above it stating no limit on Eley .22LR.   Of course, at the prices that stuff commands, I expect they don't have to worry about the scalpers as much.

I don't know why a person can't find a .22LR round for sale on a shelf here. Must be that Clarksville is only 136K population with about 30K active duty GIs and some say 40K retirees in the immediate region. I sure wish it would get back to where I could buy a brick or two a month of CCI SV at some reasonable price without incurring long drives, shipping costs or riding the internet sales sites.

Guest Farmun

Just happened to be at D-Sporting Goods (Govenors' Square) on Saturday.  Asked if they had any 22lr, and sure enough, they had one bucket of Remington (1440 rounds).  I brought it home with me.  Should last a while plinking at steel plates, and coke cans...

Edited by Farmun

I don't recognize that box but they mostly make high end target ammo.  Like, it should all go in the same hole for the top end stuff.  They have several  grades but even their poor grade ammo is better than most of the other stuff.   BEFORE the .22 shortage their better grade stuff was more than 3X the bottom shelf surplus stuff.

Edited by Jonnin

Outpost had I believe 3 different varieties of Eley .22lr in last week and they were replenishing it regularly. I noticed they had cases on the stuff sitting behind the register that they were stocking out of and then 2 days later they had more cases of it opened up. I don't have anything to really take full advantage of Eley's  accuracy potential so it was a waste on me.