The best pistol noone knows about.

NoBanStan

The CZ P07 does zilch for me. To me, it throws out all the great points of a traditional CZ. Slide is big as a battleship with the conventional "rails inside the slide" design they chose. Part of the great ergos of a CZ are, to me, the "slide inside the rails" design. No love for the P07 here.

Now, the other link, the "best9mm" one; I have to agree with his glowing assessment of the Walther PPQ and PPX. That guy is dead on the money.

The CZ P07 does zilch for me. To me, it throws out all the great points of a traditional CZ. Slide is big as a battleship with the conventional "rails inside the slide" design they chose. Part of the great ergos of a CZ are, to me, the "slide inside the rails" design. No love for the P07 here.

The slide of a P-07 Duty rides inside the frame, just like the other 75 variants they make. The grip angle is the same too.

The only thing that set is apart to me is the flat (non-humped) backstrap and flat grips (no palm swell). I like this about them, since I run ultra thin aluminum grips on my other 75 variants.

Still, it's definitely a personal taste thing. Some people just have poor taste...just kidding, of course.

The slide of a P-07 Duty rides inside the frame, just like the other 75 variants they make. The grip angle is the same too.

The only thing that set is apart to me is the flat (non-humped) backstrap and flat grips (no palm swell). I like this about them, since I run ultra thin aluminum grips on my other 75 variants.

Still, it's definitely a personal taste thing. Some people just have poor taste...just kidding, of course.

Perhaps I have the model number wrong; I will look again.

I've watched the price of the P-07 steadily move up in the last year. The best I saw was $397, last November.

I'm looking at the P-09 as a possibility but only if they release it in "OD"...which is really Forest Green.

I am curious about the 3rd gen SR9 he raves about. Anybody got one?

I have an SR9C, but I don't have a CZ. With that said, I cannot really compare them, but I will say that I love the sr9c as a carry gun.  I have no intentions of going with anything different at this time.  Although it a smaller gun, it points and shoots really well, and with an 11 rd capacity and a spare 17 rd mag, I have never felt like I would need more rounds.  In my opinion (which I will admit that I am a Ruger fan), these guns, both the sr9 and sr9c, are hard to beat for the price you pay for them.  I cannot tell you they are the best 9mm, because for one, I have not owned enough different 9mm to make that claim  and two, what is best for one person is not what is best for the next. 

• Like 2

Perhaps I have the model number wrong; I will look again.

I swear, I wasn't poking at ya, just clarifying...sorry if it seemed that way.

I've watched the price of the P-07 steadily move up in the last year. The best I saw was $397, last November.

When it first came out, you could get one as low as $325. They REALLY wanted to establish a foothold in the tupperware market AND the Euro style non-dropfree mag didn't go over well here. They fixed that and started selling a ton of them. Now they can charge more, I guess.

If you haven't felt the trigger on a P-07, wait until you have $500, because you won't want to leave the gun store without it.