Lone Survivor

Spots

[quote name="mcordell" post="1086920" timestamp="1388508024"]If you wanna see it bad enough a legit copy (not a cam) already leaked ... If you download movies you will know where to find it Not saying i would personally but it's there[/quote] Thanks man. I don't download anymore, but even if I did, this is one I will pay to see in theaters Tapatalk ate my spelling.

Well I went ahead and bought the book off of Amazon today, a hardback version.  I thought I would have one more purchase from Amazon before the artificial 9.75% discount ends today.  I said I wouldn't read it until after the movie, but after reading this thread, the other thread and other web sites, I want to have it read before the movie.

Just got finished watching it and this was hands down one of the best war movies I have ever seen.  Not only was the movie itself awesome, it was done in an extremely tasteful manner with a tribute to each one of the soldiers before the credits .

If you like anything to do with the military, I guarantee you will love this movie.  Am going to watch it on the biggest screen it's playing on as soon as it hits the theaters.

[quote name="Sam1" post="1087083" timestamp="1388534238"]Just got finished watching it and this was hands down one of the best war movies I have ever seen. Not only was the movie itself awesome, it was done in an extremely tasteful manner with a tribute to each one of the soldiers before the credits . If you like anything to do with the military, I guarantee you will love this movie. Am going to watch it on the biggest screen it's playing on as soon as it hits the theaters.[/quote] Full agreement

Gentlemen, I apologize but I don't have the video on my computer. My buddy from first platoon posted it to his facebook and I figured we shared all our files when we got back to Italy, but I apparently never got that one. It was a good video of 1st in Che-Chal as well…. Sorry gents!

If you want me to post other pics though I'm more than happy to.

Well I got the book this past Friday.  I have about 50% read.  I have read many Navy Seal books, Mark Luttrell's account of BUD/S and Hell week was an outstanding read.  I am on pins and needles to read the rest.  I hope to make a big dent in what is remaining.  My goal is to have this book read before Friday, Jan. 10th.  That is the release date of the movie.

For the Nashville folks in case you're interested, there are three theaters showing it starting at 8:00 PM on Thursday the 9th according to Fandango. Bellevue, Green Hills, Thompson Lane (old 100 Oaks).

Edited by Trekbike

Done with the book moments ago.  Just WOW!  I will never look at a Pepsi bottle in the same mundane way again.  Now I just need to go to the movies this weekend.

[URL=http://s963.photobucket.com/user/runco0318/media/moviesschedule_zps319236e4.png.html]moviesschedule_zps319236e4.png[/URL]

I would suggest reading the book before seeing the movie. Just got back from seeing it with my son since the theater near me started showing it tonight at 8:00. It's a must see and it did a decent job of sticking to the storyline of the book for the most part.
It was a good movie, for me the book captured the emotion much better. The action was very well done. My only gripe, and I'm a huge Sig guy, they had M9s instead of 226s. I feel that they put a lot of effort into the details, but missed that. I'll say more after others chime in...