Georgia Arms

[quote name="gomer pyle" post="1021930" timestamp="1377556591"] what can you tell me about there quality? i found them on the internet and they seem to have good prices with ammo in stock[/quote] Good stuff. Nothing I have from them I've been disappointed with. .41 mag cowboy loads, .45ACP, 10mm. All good. Once you factor in shipping the price is just fair not great. I usually wait or them to come to a gun show or I can pick up at their shop in GA PS some of their "in-stock" might take a couple weeks to ship. I'd call the. And ask Edited by Lumber_Jack

Over the last few years, I've bought between 6 and 8,000 rds. of .45 acp and 9 mm from them.

As good as any I've ever shot, no FTF's that I recall. Their 500's & 1,000's are shipped in steel ammo cans and before the most recent ammo fiasco, orders of $500 or more shipped free. That's worth about $45 to $50 plus the value of the ammo cans. 

When I get some of my stash shot up, I'll be ordering from them again.

I've bought a good bit over time from them at gunshows.

Only thing that didn't work out so well were some .38 and .357 cowboy loads. Couldn't hit crap with them from revolvers, but worked fine in my Marlin rifle. Finally decided powder was just too slow burning out of short barrel, acted like bottle rockets.

-OS

• Like 3
No complaints about them from me.
Only thing I would watch for is my brother got some .40 from them last year after the craziness and it was steel cased. I guess it doesn't matter too much if you don't wanna reload them. To their credit it was labeled steel case (picked up in the store) and he just didn't pay attention.
  • 3 weeks later...

I have bought several of the ammo cans of .38spl for target shooting with my Marlin 1894C lever action. Everything went bang and the quality was excellent, very clean, no problems. Only shot a handful in the revolvers but they seemed to be ok, I did not have the issues Oh Shoot mentioned with accuracy in the revolvers.

I got a few bags of .40 & .357mag in their JHP and they were excellent as well. The .40 did well in my handguns as well as my SUB2000 carbine. 

I would recommend them, I used to pick these up at the gun show, never had any shipped to me so not sure about that but I would say they would do you right.

I've bought a good bit over time from them at gunshows.

Only thing that didn't work out so well were some .38 and .357 cowboy loads. Couldn't hit crap with them from revolvers, but worked fine in my Marlin rifle. Finally decided powder was just too slow burning out of short barrel, acted like bottle rockets.

-OS

Had the same trouble with their cowboy loads. Maybe they weren't meant for my SP101?

Everything else I've shot from them was right on the money as far as quality, price, and performance goes.