Gay Liberal Commentator for CNN trashes gun control crowd.

Your title is a little odd for a setup, but article is fairly accurate. Reason usually wins out if it can outlast the emotional fervor of the moment. This is why the liberals ( think Obama) don't want budgets, or real solutions. Ass long as there is emotional instability the masses will allow the government more control to easy the fear. Never mind the instability the masses fear is created for that sole purpose. :shake:

• Like 1

Another day, another mass shooting in America.

^^^^^^^

If you had not marked this as worth reading, I would have stopped there since he opens with an outright lie.

He does make some good points afterward.

As a side note, if the GOP would stop alienating homosexuals, they would discover that about 1/2 of them, apart from their sexual orientation, are actually conservative in many other ways. 

I have about 3 friends that are gay and they are very conservative. They enjoy shooting and come to the range often and are very good shots. If you didn't know they were gay you would not believe they are but they don't brag about it or try and promote it. It is part of their personal lives and we that know them leave it at that..........jmho

• Like 1

Another day, another mass shooting in America.

^^^^^^^

If you had not marked this as worth reading, I would have stopped there since he opens with an outright lie.

He does make some good points afterward.

As a side note, if the GOP would stop alienating homosexuals, they would discover that about 1/2 of them, apart from their sexual orientation, are actually conservative in many other ways. 

Kinda ended yours the same way. ;) The libs keep saying it. Just like they keep saying the GOP is alienating Hispanics, blacks, women, the young, and the poor. The only thing being alienated is hard work, personal responsibility, and personal liberty and that is being done by the Dems (mostly).

If people vote against their greater principles for a single position, then I attest they are not conservative in nature to begin with.

• Like 1

He is not on the side of the second amendment.

Basically he's saying not to lump all shootings together and solve each issue separately without blaming the NRA, legal mentally healthy gun owners, or the types of guns so they can win their arguments and get things done.

So I assume in this case he is saying improve mental health, background checks need to be better and more stringent in looking for mental health issues, etc.

At least that is the vibe I was getting from this read.

Well, he flat out calls gun legislation unconstitutional.  That isn't the type of language you hear from even moderate democrats and even some middle of the road republicans.  I don't think someone who is a social liberal, such as this guy, is anti-gun by default.  Just like I don't think being gay and being a 2A advocate is mutually exclusive.  Being a CNN opinion writer and being pro 2A is, and that's why I find this story interesting.  I really think CNN is going to make the effort (again) to put more conservative views on their website and cable channel in order to dig themselves out of the hole.  Of course, they've tried that before without success.

And just to explain how I qualify "pro 2A", I don't believe that means you have to be an activist or outspoken.  Simply believing the truth that gun control is unconstitutional is enough.

Kinda ended yours the same way. ;) The libs keep saying it. Just like they keep saying the GOP is alienating Hispanics, blacks, women, the young, and the poor. The only thing being alienated is hard work, personal responsibility, and personal liberty and that is being done by the Dems (mostly).

If people vote against their greater principles for a single position, then I attest they are not conservative in nature to begin with.

Its different.   The gop allowed a candidate in the last presidential election who openly called being gay(etc) a mental disease or something like that (too lazy to dig up exact wording).   I can't recall anything any of the candidates expressing that sort of opinion about any of the other groups you listed (not counting obama's many racist remarks here, talking gop only).   When you drop down to the local elections, there have been as bad or worse many times over the past decade or so, you do not have to look hard at all to find some very unfriendly remarks.  A few individuals have done a great deal of harm, and none of their peers have stood up to say "that is not right" which does additional harm. 

The racist/sexist gop branding garbage is just that... libreal garbage.  If a candidate even hinted at such they would get the paula deen treatment and be 1) in the news for months and 2) never be seen in public again, much less get elected.   Even actively looking to find these sorts of things to prove their case, the liberals constantly come up empty handed.  There is nothing there to be found.

As for voting on a single position, a few folks here might have something to say about that....  

Edited by Jonnin

Basically he's saying not to lump all shootings together and solve each issue separately without blaming the NRA, legal mentally healthy gun owners, or the types of guns so they can win their arguments and get things done.

So I assume in this case he is saying improve mental health, background checks need to be better and more stringent in looking for mental health issues, etc.

At least that is the vibe I was getting from this read.

He's not pro gun. Apparently, he just has more sense than your average libtard.

I only have one problem with those folks. They try to make me speak Starbuck, and I refuse.

Funny you should say that. My wife loves that place, so I find myself in the drive through every so often. I refuse to properly pronounce their sizes (grande, venti) so I pronounce "grande" as "grand" and call "venti" simply "20". Drives her nuts.

Funny you should say that. My wife loves that place, so I find myself in the drive through every so often. I refuse to properly pronounce their sizes (grande, venti) so I pronounce "grande" as "grand" and call "venti" simply "20". Drives her nuts.

Next time, try "biggun" and "biggerun" and "really biggerun".

I figure you won't have to do it twice.
  • Like 1

I just repeat my order in english. I either order shots, or something really gay with an extra shot. Even the gay one is easy to understand in plain english.