The time has Come folks

I just wrote my Corker and Alexander and told them that if they don't vote in line with the GOP on de-funding the Affordable Care Act and stand behind them and voting with them on the budget discussions that I will make it my point to do my best to be sure neither one of them get re-elected starting with my vote. I think it's time any of ya'll that have not wrote yet, it's time. Also if any of you folks know folks outside Tennessee contact them and ask them to write their elected officials and tell them the same thing. I think the American people are finally beginning to get their point across and they seem to now be listening so it's time to begin hammering our points home.............jmho

• Like 4

Been there, done that... You might see Alexander inch towards the right just because he is feeling a bit of heat right now.

I've finally decided I'm not voting for any more RINO's

I won't vote for a liberal and my not voting for a rino might lead to their defeat but really I just don't see much difference.

If we get a good, solid conservative to vote for I am all in.

So, I'm going to be as active as possible in the Republican primary... And, I will keep my fingers crossed until the final ballot is counted.

Mark

• Like 1
  • Admin Team

Are they going to get the chance to vote on it?

I know the House is trying to pass something, but there's no way Reid is going to even consider bringing it up much less bringing it to a vote in the Senate.

Mind you, I'll vote for a Democrat before I vote for either Alexander or Corker again. 

I know the House is trying to pass something, but there's no way Reid is going to even consider bringing it up much less bringing it to a vote in the Senate.

Mind you, I'll vote for a Democrat before I vote for either Alexander or Corker again. 

I did precisely that the last time Corker ran for reelection. I remember everyone here telling me what an idiot I was for doing it.

There's always the "third party" candidate to vote for. Don't always have to vote either dem or pub, there's liberatarian and independent etc.

...and if everyone who says "a vote for a third party candidate is a wasted vote" would vote for them, they'd win in a landslide.

• Like 6

...and if everyone who says "a vote for a third party candidate is a wasted vote" would vote for them, they'd win in a landslide.

Thing is most folks won't vote  for a third party candidate 99% of the time and they end up getting just enough votes to put a RINO back in office. All a third party Candidate does is make folks undecided in most cases.........jmho

If Reid doesn't let it go to a vote, it will be political suicide for some redstate Democrats. Obama is threatening a veto. I say,

let him veto it and shut it down. Republicans will win the senate if that happens. Of course, I doubt the Republican leadership

knows this, since the Tea Party House Republicans forced their hand. Trust me, Boehner had no choice, nor did he want

to do this. Boehner is a wuss and an apologist, just like Obama to the rest of the world. Could be a very effective tool in getting

a new batch of Cruz's in place.

I bet there will be some Democrat senators to vote for this resolution, if given the chance. And, since the ACA went through

the budget reconciliation process to win, it should be defeated by the same mechanism, but Reid won't allow that. We will

have to win the senate to make that happen, and that could very well happen.

I think I'm taking a page from Dolomite's book this year. I'd rather vote for the known opposition than the a$$holes pretending to represent me.

That's what I did in the last election, with the exception of Obama, of course. I know that voting for the opposition won't allow the opposition to win, so some would say that's a wasted vote. To me it isn't wasted to vote for a candidate you know won't win. For me it's about sending a message to the political powers. They have people they pay to find out why folks like me aren't voting for them. When their numbers slip, they'll eventually start to wonder why. It's a theory anyway. Obviously it hasn't come to fruition just yet, but it makes me feel like I'm doing something other than just complaining about the status quo then going along with it out of perceived hopelessness.

I'm still convinced that if only 10% of voters committed to ousting any incumbent, we would see a drastic change in Congress. Dems and Reps might actually pull their heads out of each other's butts and start working for us again once they realize they don't stand a chance at a second term. Know your enemy; know his motivations; use that to your advantage and stay inside his decision cycle.

I wasn,t the biggest Perot fan but he proved that a third party can make a difference in an election, some say he helped Clinton win over Bush 1 but the numbers still had Clinton winning without Perot. Perot got "I believe", over 20%. That's big between 3 presidential candidates. A third party can win if more people believed they can.

• Like 1
Not only can a third party win, but it is time the Tea Party was formed into a real political machine from the grass roots! The Tea Party not only represents the most valued American ideas, but it also holds that our Constitution is still the law of our land. I'm sure if they were to put up a serious contender, or at least start being more active in the Primaries, then we would again have a voice in our Government that we could trust!

We the people need to vote our conscience rather than for the party that our families have for years. I have contacted my Congressional and Senate Representatives numerous times only to have them constantly vote against my conservative concerns. It is far past time to cut spending, get the illegal aliens out of our country, stop abusing the powers listed and not listed in the Constitution, limit the terms that they can hold office to no more than 2, and have some way to stop the Judges at all levels from legislating from the benches!

Would it be better for the Tea Party to consolidate and put up a candidate for the races, or just continue to sit back and be an influence that is made into a daily joke by both big parties? Does it really take having another civil conflict to get changes that are needed, or is there a leader out there that can make the decisions---especially the tough ones to get those changes in place?

I tried the whole lessor of two evils this last election also, didn't do a damn thing. From now on I will vote for who I feel will be the best candidate, which would prob be someone without and R or a D. On top of that, I will not vote for any more incumbents unless i really really like them. if we can change out everyone washington in the next couple of elections, I bet that would speak loudly. I am going to start doing my part and hope enough people will start doing theirs.

Their interns keep tally on support/opposition to policies. At a minimum, at least you're a hard statistic they can reference, or at least know they'll have to answer to. Perhaps writing a 10 page letter is a waste of time, but concisely stating what side of the issue you're on and why will at least get recorded.

Think about all the people that contacted their congress critters over this Syria nonsense. If not for the overwhelming "no" from the people, I think these idiots may have gone through with it. Yeah, they said they supported limited action at first, but there was some serious letter writing after that, and in the end they reversed their support for action against Syria.

For example, "Dear Congresstard, I disagree with this policy, because it is very, very bad. See attached stupidity matrix. If you ignore my requests I will pull your campaign signs out of the ground everywhere I see them and use them for target stands. Sincerely, Citizen."
  • Like 1

Those interns are busy with their ears on the rails listening for chatter about what the pol said last. No doubt

about it. The persistent pol will sometimes make changes in his or her political speech, next time around. Lamar

is seeing the results of his voting record come back in his face, right now. He will get around to smoothing all the

edges out so know one shows up in opposition at the polls.

I do not understand when the process has worked in other states, when a group of people decide to challenge

someone, that the tide doesn't tend to wash over into other states. Outside of this forum, it may be the place

for me to see the tide turn. At least there is a core of people around here who I think will get out and deal with

this. The rest will find another excuse to bitch and moan about the results.

You can change results, if you so choose.

• Admin Team

The thing about Alexander and Corker is that they've got a lock on the business money in this state as long as they want it.  They're reliable to the entrenched business interests in the state, and the business money keeps putting them in office because of it.

So, if you really want to see change, you're going to have to get involved at the street level.  We can make it happen, but it's not going to be a simple matter of showing up at the polls come primary day. 

Their interns keep tally on support/opposition to policies. At a minimum, at least you're a hard statistic they can reference, or at least know they'll have to answer to. Perhaps writing a 10 page letter is a waste of time, but concisely stating what side of the issue you're on and why will at least get recorded.

Think about all the people that contacted their congress critters over this Syria nonsense. If not for the overwhelming "no" from the people, I think these idiots may have gone through with it. Yeah, they said they supported limited action at first, but there was some serious letter writing after that, and in the end they reversed their support for action against Syria.

For example, "Dear Congresstard, I disagree with this policy, because it is very, very bad. See attached stupidity matrix. If you ignore my requests I will pull your campaign signs out of the ground everywhere I see them and use them for target stands. Sincerely, Citizen."

I decided that they don't read letters. At best I can hope they tally "for" or "against". So my letteres read something like:
I'm against immigration bill xxxxx
I'm against the treason ya'll want to commit by aiding any of the terrorist rebels in Syria.
I'm against any new gun legislation.

Sometimes I write "apparently you are the only person from TN that supports xxxx" (like with immigration and Syria)

I'm short with em. They don't give a damn about what I think and I don't give a damn about if they don't like my correspondence.