Found another dog

c.a.willard

27 members have voted

1. 1. What should her name be?

[URL=http://s987.photobucket.com/user/cwillard1983/media/dogface_zps24f69c9a.jpg.html]dogface_zps24f69c9a.jpg[/URL]

Tuesday evening another dog made its way to our home.  Im not sure why my house is a magnet for dogs, but i've found over a dozen dogs in my yard in the last 2 years.  Almost all of them have been dogs that got loose in the neighborhood.  I am very much a dog person and i run with my golden retriever through our neighborhood regularly so i recognize almost every dog in the area.  Most of the ones i have found i can take right back to their door step.  The rest the owners are usually out looking for.  

There have only been two that did not fit that general rule.  I found them both at the same time and we fostered them for several months before the were adopted out.  Seperately unfortunately.

This girl seems to be in the same category.  No tags, no chip, no lost dog ads, or signs in the neighborhood.  No response to signs i put up saying we found her.  Me and my neighbors agree that she is probably a drop off. 

Now the real problem.  The wife and i cant agree on a name for her.  We have tossed around Autumn, Sadi, Lucy, and Nada. As well as i suggested Waya and i like it but the wife is adamant on that one.

It's likely she will be with us for a while so i want to find a name that fits her.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already consider her part of the pack.  Shes a 1 year old lab mix that is black. There the most common dog in the shelter for a reason.  Their adoption rates are far below their birth rates.  I know we will have a hard time placing her..    She is going to go up on the clarksville humane society page in a few days, but ill gladly take care of her til she finds her forever home.  If we end up being her forever home, then that is ok to.

How do strays find you house, same way they find mine, Dogs know who are good people.

Yall name her, I keep to easy names, Ol Big Girl would be my pick, just not on the list.

Edited by RED333

It's great that the stray dogs find your home because some people would be mean to them probably. If I didn't have Kasey the Queen I would like to have her. She has a look in her face that say's I'm smart and I love mixed breeds a lot better than pure breeds.

Well we can cancel the naming convention.  Apparently I should have added houdini to the list of names.  She pushed her way out through a week spot in my chain link fence this evening while i was at school.  I'm going to have to go through and stake some spots down.  I really hope she finds her way to people who will take good care of her.  She was a little rambunctious, but a really sweet dog.

Well we can cancel the naming convention.  Apparently I should have added houdini to the list of names.  She pushed her way out through a week spot in my chain link fence this evening while i was at school.  I'm going to have to go through and stake some spots down.  I really hope she finds her way to people who will take good care of her.  She was a little rambunctious, but a really sweet dog.

Welp, I guess we have an idea how she got out in the first place.

Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Welp, I guess we have an idea how she got out in the first place.

Right which means she was probably never technically missing in the first place. Dudes a dog napper technically. Lol but a good one with good intentions.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.