I wept at wal mart tonight!

Looks like the pre gougers have struck: wal mart nolensville rd Antioch Sad indeed, good news 45 cheaper than 40 at pre school shooting prices not much but it's there....I don't know if this is the same store music man hit but the shelves are almost empty yvare6e6.jpg Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Edited by Dustbuster
Go a few times a week. Sometimes it'll look like your pic, other times it'll be the Valley of Canaan, flowing with 9 and 40.

I don't think people understand this concept. Stores now are finally getting pretty large shipments of ammo on a regular basis, but of course there has been a drought for a long time, so people are buying it up quick. I'm not a gouger, in fact, I generally lose a couple bucks or give ammo away to people who haven't been able to find it themselves. What I am is willing to make the rounds pretty often, and that was years before Sandy Hook.

Buy what you need there and weep on your way to your truck in the parking lot. These days one cannot be choosy where you get ammo. Back a month or two ago you would have been yelling YAHOO and jumping up kicking your heels together on the way to your truck in the Walmart parking lot just to see and buy ammo there period..............jmho.

...Back a month or two ago you would have been yelling YAHOO and jumping up kicking your heels together on the way to your truck in the Walmart parking lot just to see and buy ammo there period.

I wouldn't...I didn't...and I won't.

Everyone is free to spend their money where they want to but I promise you that I don't and I won't buy anything from WalMart; most especially anything related to firearms.  Even if I were willing to shop there it's just not safe!  On average, of every three shootings I read about, two of them have happened in a Walmart parking lot!  ;)

Edited by RobertNashville

Actually, Wal-mart losing maybe a few customers isn't all that bad to them. There is always another person or people to fill their place. I work there, just for time being. Get paid whether or not people buy stuff there( but it helps). But i wish there was more competition with wal-mart. Most people shop there because its either the only place open 24 hours, or it's the only place with a great variety. I would love to see a Target or another competitor emerge to fight against the "evil giant". Maybe prices would go downif there were more competition. And maybe the ammo shelves wouldn't look as bare as they do in some places.

Actually, Wal-mart losing maybe a few customers isn't all that bad to them. There is always another person or people to fill their place. I work there, just for time being. Get paid whether or not people buy stuff there( but it helps). But i wish there was more competition with wal-mart. Most people shop there because its either the only place open 24 hours, or it's the only place with a great variety. I would love to see a Target or another competitor emerge to fight against the "evil giant". Maybe prices would go downif there were more competition. And maybe the ammo shelves wouldn't look as bare as they do in some places.

Walmarts goal was to drive out all the competition. We have a Kroger store here in Gallatin that has been giving the Walmart store here a run for it's money last couple years as it has added a lot of stuff to the store in the way of household items. I have been in it  twice but will be going back there next time I need groceries and give the whole store a walk-thru and see just what all it does have.......jmho

Now nothing personal here but your post illustrates exactly what is wrong with Wal-Mart.

From someone who worked in various retail positions for near 10 years I find the following statements revolting and they are exactly the reason I rarely buy at wal-mart.

Wal-mart losing maybe a few customers isn't all that bad to them

There is always another person or people to fill their place

Get paid whether or not people buy stuff there( but it helps)

If I were running a store and found one of my employees making comments like that at a minimum it would be retraining and might just be an RGE for them.  Customers are something that should be valued by a store, they are the stores sole reason and source of existence.  If they are not valued they will eventually go somewhere else, when enough of them choose not to buy stuff from a store that store will close, when it does no one gets paid.

This is generally not an issue for wal-mart now, but it will be if they don't remember that the customers are the real core of their business and start treating them right.

sorry for the threadjack, 

Walmart almost every thing you need in one place with likely the best prices in town. The local pawnshops and gun shops are buying ammo there and marking it up so definitely the cheapest ammo in town when they have it. What is not to like. Edited by Jason in TN
  • Like 2
OP,

your photo looks very familiar. Most times I hit a Walmart, I might see three or 4 calibers.

Gave up on .22LR awhile back.

Got into the airgun arena recently and love it! :)

Pellets are so much cheaper than .22 and other calibers.

Neighbors don`t say anything either when I practice in the backyard.

Not sure when ammo will be more readily available. I have a hunch it isn`t going to be anytime soon. Edited by TN Volunteer

Now nothing personal here but your post illustrates exactly what is wrong with Wal-Mart.

From someone who worked in various retail positions for near 10 years I find the following statements revolting and they are exactly the reason I rarely buy at wal-mart.

Wal-mart losing maybe a few customers isn't all that bad to them

There is always another person or people to fill their place

Get paid whether or not people buy stuff there( but it helps)

If I were running a store and found one of my employees making comments like that at a minimum it would be retraining and might just be an RGE for them.  Customers are something that should be valued by a store, they are the stores sole reason and source of existence.  If they are not valued they will eventually go somewhere else, when enough of them choose not to buy stuff from a store that store will close, when it does no one gets paid.

This is generally not an issue for wal-mart now, but it will be if they don't remember that the customers are the real core of their business and start treating them right.

sorry for the threadjack, 

Sorry if i mis represented myself. I actually care about the customer. But sometimes it seems with the way some wal-marts( and some retail in general), are run, it seems like customer service is lacking. Those of us who work retail rely on the customers to buy the stuff our stores sell. Without the customers, we wouldn't be employed and the store would be out of business. Just mentioned what i have witnessed. Sometimes it isn't that the employees aren't willing to help, it may be that they are overworked, underpaid and there usually isn't enough experienced help available during a certian shift. Which in my mind is a part of customer service. The store managers answer to the district manager who then answers to the regional manager and so on. If the numbers don't add up, they start cutting hours, then people just to save themselves.

If there isn't freight on the shelves, the customer cannot buy it. But sometimes even the "Giants" like wal-mart cannot control the flow of certian goods. I wish these gougers and people who have to have ammo right as it comes off the truck would wait a few days. Let those who would like to go shoot be given the chance to buy some ammo for once.

Where in the heck is the .22LR?  I went to Iowa last week and couldn't find one round of .22LR in a big box store or lgs's.  Still can't find any around here.  I am begining to imagine that somebody is conspiring to have me give up shooting, and they aren't far away.  Trouble is I don't think that somebody is a left winger in DC, I think it is somebody who shoots or sells shooting stuff.  Saw Federal 9mm 115 grain in Rural King the other day for 39.99 and that will make me give up shooting 9mm if that becomes the normal price for 9mm range ammo. 

Where is 22LR?  Any given manufacturer has a finite amount of production capacity to produce a given product...when I've checked, our total U.S. capacity per day of 22LR is about 230,000 rounds; that can easily be depleted in a single day even just a handful of people buy a few bricks of 22LR per day and people are - demand is through the roof and manufacturing capacity is being fully utilized. You can blame the demand on anything you want, panic buying, scalpers, sunspots...it doesn't matter...until demand subsides we are going to have trouble finding it.

As to having money to burn, I freely admit that my distaste for Walmart has a personal side - I have first-hand experience with their dirty, disgusting business practices and I won't ever deal with a company that operates the way Walmart does.  More to the point, however, I believe in supporting and I believe it's in the firearm's community to support businesses that have an actual stake in the hobby/interest that I'm buying product for...Walmart could not care less if they sell ammunition or $3 table lamps...licensed firearms dealers do and must care about the firearms industry.  If I have to pay an extra .05 or .10 per round for .223 then I consider it an investment in keeping my local firearm dealer in business.

• Like 1

i wanted to guage the availability of our fav items by showing wal mart was low.unforunately many LGS,not all but many,dont give a rats ass about where their money comes from,we saw that for the past year,many of em dont care if we think a buck a round  for 223 is crazy.theyre just like wal mart, all business... disappointing for me to see shelves so low on supply.especially after checking a ammo inventory site that says different. that made me weep lol....

Agree^^^. Seems the gougers in Manchester have the inside scoop when .22 LR shipments come in. There is usually a line of people right as we unload the truck. And even if the ammo is in the back( toward the cab) of the truck, they expect it to be out and stamped ready to go. Sorry, we unloaders can only go so fast. We will get it out to the sporting goods guy( if one is scheduled) as soon as we can.

Where is 22LR? Any given manufacturer has a finite amount of production capacity to produce a given product...when I've checked, our total U.S. capacity per day of 22LR is about 230,000 rounds; that can easily be depleted in a single day....

You need to check you sources or add some zeros and move some decimals. You're way off. The video in the link no longer exists, but no one disputed it while it was up.

Edit: After doing the math 230,000 rounds is just 418 bricks.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/62090-cci-producing-4000000-22-rounds-a-day/ Edited by BrasilNuts

You need to check you sources or add some zeros and move some decimals. You're way off. The video in the link no longer exists, but no one disputed it while it was up.

Edit: After doing the math 230,000 rounds is just 418 bricks.

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/62090-cci-producing-4000000-22-rounds-a-day/

Agreed, saw a TV show about CCI and how they make 22 ammo. They alone put out millions of rounds per day.