Honor Flight Group Forces Entry to WWII Memorial

Good for them. It's a frigging open air monument, no government services needed. Not mentioned in story, but they actually had guards on duty to keep visitors away, so it was manned by federal employees anyway.

One congressman just saw on news said this had to be a decision directly from White House.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/1/elderly-veterans-force-entry-wwii-memorial-defianc/

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/world-war-ii-veterans-cross-memorial-barricades-shutdown/story?id=20432719

ht_ww2_memorial_wy_131001_16x9_992.jpg

- OS

• Like 3

My father was a WWII vet and I am thrilled that these people showed their class and dignity that they have always had. I salute them for standing up once again against an establishment against all that is good for their country we all love so much..........jmho

Some of these guys may have stormed the beaches at Normandy ...

It's a crying shame they have to "storm" the monument honoring their service.

I, for one, am sick to death of the "blame game" between the Democrats and Republicans.  It's a pity, a shameful pity, that our "leaders" can't lead ... ... and I don't care WHICH party you want to blame.  Seems to me there's enough wrong for the blame to be shared among both parties.  And I can't see it getting any better unless and until the that bunch of children forget their "party," and figure out we're all supposed to be Americans first.  I don't know how to fix it.  But then again, I'm not collecting tax dollars for NOT doing my job, either ...

This memorial is normally open 24/7.  There are no gates, no gatekeepers.  So the capitol police went out of their way to set up and man barricades.

We're really due for a reminder of who works for whom in DC.

At least folks are getting used to rebelling against our fearless Dick-tater

Watch that video, part of the way in, some loonbag is talking about how the furloughs impact the street beggars through trickle down economics because people aren't coming in to work.

I cannot fathom how someone would believe that is a reasonable point for an argument.

Southern Middle Tennessee Honor Flight scheduled for "0 dark thirty" on the 12th.   Meeting tomorrow on final details and this issue.  I doubt we'll cancel--non-refundable tickets obtained 30 days ago to secure best price.  Shame will be that the Korean vets probably won't get to see their memorial.  Also have a few Korean and Vietnam vets who'll be disaapointed.   They are all open air" and public property so let 'em in!   Honor Flight DC, who host all the flights at the airports, would probably agree to keep the areas clean.

Edited by RoadKill
Guest 6.8 AR

A few years ago, when I went to see my son's contributions to Living Light UT, I walked all over DC, especially the

Plaza and all the memorials. The only place I saw DC Police and the Park Police was in cars and near intersections,

never around any of the monuments. With all the liberals and bums in that town, I'm surprised the Jefferson Memorial

has survived as long as it has. Not a cop anywhere near. I wonder why now? Rhetorical.

The rest of us really need to go inside the Capitol Building and throw the fools responsible for letting this continue, out.

They are really easy to identify. The ones with "D's" after their name, and the ones who should be roaming the African

continent with that big horn sticking out front.