Help me spend my money

Guest jps37033

Guest jps37033

I just got my poker payout check for $1350. I want a pump or semi shotgun and a new pistol or two.

I am looking to spend $600 on handguns and $400 on a shotgun. (gotta spend some on the old lady or she'll throw a hissy)

I want to keep the money in the forum. So ya'll tell me what you would buy, or would sell. Go WIld! :) (tell me what you would buy. I will use this after a few days, and go with the majority) Pics will be added when I do buy.

I will buy new from TN dealers and pay shipping. Ruger LCP????

(I see 9mm is cheap, so I might opt for a 9mm)

Thanks

p.s. Should I just go for a really nice 1911 for all out? I have never used, held, or owned one. I collect gold for investment purposes, but have recently learned that handguns are an equal investment (can be sold for good money with the right brand) and especially if the laws go sour.

Edited by jps37033
added info
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jps37033

Hi hero gear. ( I think your name is Joe, right? ). I have heard good things about you. I would like to know what you have in stock. I am in Jackson, TN, but will take a drive to you to mess around and actually see what feels good in hand. I have went to a few places locally, and they didnt like me "handling" the guns. I guess they thought I wasnt a buyer???

Since you live in Jackson, you should go to Parkway Gun and Pawn. They have a big selection of new and used guns and are knowledgeable. I've done some business with them and they've been very, very nice to deal with. They also have the best prices in Jackson and, I imagine, in West Tn. as well. :):up:

Since you live in Jackson, you should go to Parkway Gun and Pawn. They have a big selection of new and used guns and are knowledgeable. I've done some business with them and they've been very, very nice to deal with. They also have the best prices in Jackson and, I imagine, in West Tn. as well. :):up:

+1

Guest superdrew4000

Hey Jps, I'm a novice handgun owner, but I must say that I love my brand spankin' new M&P .45. After shooting a bunch of different calibers, this thing won the challenge. Sexy, dead sexy, and with 10+1 rounds of .45 you either won the gunfight or you're screwed anyway. But the best thing you can do for yourself is find a local range and try a few different guns out. Find what works for you, show some teeth, because when you find your baby, you'll be a very happy person.

It's like my buddy Mike used to say: It's not about money, it's about satisfaction. I spent $150 more than I thought I would on my first handgun, but I am seriously a satisfied guy.

Edited by superdrew4000

OK lets see:

You get $1350.00 in a poker payout.

You're going to spend $600.00 on handgun(s)

You're going to spend $400.00 on shotgun.

That leaves $350.00 to spend on the "old lady or she'll throw a hissy)".

Dude, you are going to suffer for this and I fear for for your life. Better rethink the inequitable division of finances or trouble looms for you.:)

If you continue down this road of chance be careful. And if your eggs and oatmeal have a funny "whang" the next time you sit down for breakfast, run like the wind, leave the guns at home, and get outa Dodge. Let the lawyers divide up the household goods in the safety of a courtroom.:)

I don't know what your inteded purpose for the handgun(s) are but since you asked about the LCP I will say I got one about a month ago and so far I love mine. Great shooter and extremely concealable. Which is what I was looking for.

JPS, my friends use to ask me why i buy so many guns. reason is other than just being a gun lover, it's also because of the investment. i know if i park my money in a desirable weapon like a 1911 it will always be there and then some in most cases. Although i'm not in to selling firearms, but it's good to know if i lost my income, i could live from what's in the safe for a least a year or longer. if i were you i would head over to Hero Gear and holla at Joe. he's a great guy to deal with, matter of fact i maybe contacting him soon myself.

• Administrator

Split it 50/50 between you and your wife, keeping in mind that if momma ain't happy then nobody's going to be happy.

Then take your 50% and buy one nice firearm for yourself. One nice $650 firearm is going to be better than two or three crappy sub $300 firearms.

How about you bring your wife to Hero-Gear, and you BOTH pick out nice gun packages?

Get her involved in a sport that you like, and that could one day save her life.

We have lots of lady friendly guns and gun packages and im sure she would find something fun that she couldnt live without.

Guest jps37033

I will have to look that up. I have never liked the 1911's, but see they are good investments. Maybe I will check it out. WHat about that colt carry II .45. How much are they?

How about you bring your wife to Hero-Gear, and you BOTH pick out nice gun packages?

Get her involved in a sport that you like, and that could one day save her life.

We have lots of lady friendly guns and gun packages and im sure she would find something fun that she couldnt live without.

+1 That's probably the best advice on this thread!

+1

Excellent advice. My wife wasn't too keen on firearms at first. I took her shooting once because I wanted her to know how to at least fire a gun IF she had to. Well, she was hooked. After the range session, she said "can we go look for one for me?" It's great to have a hobby I can share with my wife.

It's funny, in my marriage, I'm the gun nut. My husband could care less about guns. I wish I could get him interested, but all attempts have failed. Of course, we grew up with completely different parental views on guns and gun rights. Most of the "regulars" here have heard me talking about my stubborn, anti-gun, "turn the other cheek", "live by the sword die by the sword", grandfather-in-law......well that's the man that raised my husband....and my grandmother-in-law feels the same way. I think it's bs that I'll have to be the one that will need to protect our family if a "situation" arises. My husband seems to be confident in his abilities to protect us without a gun......and I hope that I never have to prove him wrong.....but it's still bs IMO. My husband is also against me teaching our son about firearms and shooting.......too bad for him on that one! :P;):D

As far as buying new guns.....it basically works like this: I get a new gun, he gets new stuff for his 4x4 :)

Guest Rugerman
If your want a collectible 1911 you should buy the Springfield Armory EMP 9mm 1911 I have for sale. :-D

If I had 1350 laying around, that is exactly what i would get:cool: Then some ammo with the rest.