Night Owls

Fourtyfive

There are a lot of Night Owls on this forum , going like now. Things get quiet at my house this time of night unless Midnight Smoker (my son) and I are custom tuning a diesel for HP and torque ; mama usually hits the sack around 10:00. I like to watch the late shows and gab about. Once again , I love this place ! The later it gets the drinker I drunk. I pray I don't offend anyone. Thanks for putting up with me , all of you. Edited by Threeeighty
  • Like 1

There are a lot of Night Owls on this forum , going like now. Things get quiet at my house this time of night unless Midnight Smoker (my son) and I are custom tuning a diesel for HP and torque ; mama usually hits the sack around 10:00. i like to watch the late shows and gab about. Once again , I love this place ! The later it gets the drinker I drunk. I pray I don't offend anyone. Peace to all. Alcoholism is an unforgiving disease , and yes I suffer under it , but I think I have it under control. Thanks for putting up with me , all of you.

Yep, my body clock has always reverted to vampire hours when given the chance.  But without John Barleycorn for over 16 years now.

But I'm going to bed to wind down with NY Times crosswords and the rest of RedEye, two other addictions.

Nighty night...

- OS

I'm up from time to time at this time of night. If I have had a long day and been real active and am hurting I will take a pain pill and sometimes I can lay down and about 4 hours later I am up and can't go back to sleep. Went to sleep and Hannity second show about 11:30 and now I am up for the night and it's 3:30AM

My sleep schedule is really eratic, my spinal injuries keep me tossing & turning in an attempt to find a position comfortable enough for me to drift off, I sleep for maybe a few minutes or maybe iffin I'm lucky a few hours then I'll have spasm & wake back up due to the pain, toss & turn for another hour, drift off ... then BAM! spasm, rinse, repeat, etc the whole time I try to lay down, I've tried sleeping sitting in a chair but it's even worse.

So there really is no telling if/when I am ever going to be awake or asleep because I haven't had a "normal sleep schedule" in years, which totally sucks as ya'all can imagine.

I've tried everything over the years but the spasms are so intense that there is literally no drug (or combination of) or even surgery that can ease the intensity enough for me to ever be able to sleep through one.

Anyway that's why the timing of some of my posts are so eratic ...

I'm a night owl myself. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a decent job compatible with getting up around noon.

Unfortunately, since it's hard to break the late-night habit, I spend a lot of time tired.

Edited by tnguy

I'm a night owl myself. Unfortunately, it's hard to find a decent job compatible with getting up around noon.

Unfortunately, since it's hard to break the late-night habit, I spend a lot of time tired.

Yep, I spent most of my 40 years of work life sleep deprived to varying degrees. And then of course more worthless than should have been on weekends, trying to catch up on sleep.

I was that way as a kid, fighting going to sleep and fighting waking up, and it continued all my life making my biological clock fit real world demands.

- OS