TN Parent Arrested Trying to Pick Up His Own Kids

That officer is an idiot! I've met a lot of great resource officers, matter of fact, all of them seemed very willing to help in any way. But this video really p'd me off!

Can't find any actual news on it yet, just the vid and various forums.

Found a FB entry that says:

"When I posted this video today on the Cumberland County FB Community Group page where this happened, the Cops that are admins on the page kicked me out and removed the post. They want to keep the story quiet. Please SHARE the video."

- OS

Good thing I don't have kids. This is just another reason I refuse to have em.

Rules or no rules, those are HIS kids. If he wants em, he should have them. He shoulda ripped that fat ass rednecks throat out. Never come In between people and their children.

I'm a cop lover and take up for them time and time again. We also don't need another stupid cop bashing thread but this resource officer needs his ass stomped. Not reprimanded...physical bludgeoning.

I hope the guy wins a lawsuit large enough to put his kids through 4 years of Vanderbilt; room board books and tuition. Edited by Caster
  • Like 8

Can't find any actual news on it yet, just the vid and various forums.

Found a FB entry that says:

"When I posted this video today on the Cumberland County FB Community Group page where this happened, the Cops that are admins on the page kicked me out and removed the post. They want to keep the story quiet. Please SHARE the video."

- OS

It appears they have blocked anything from being posted, for the time being...

Shoulda, coulda, woulda.

There is no such thing as "rights" parential or otherwise anymore, the pot of water was boiled to slowly for the frog to take notice.

Thing is, a parent can walk into any school any other time of day and get their kid out.

Probably good that wasn't a Alpha Pit Bull Mother involved with that cop standing between her and her kids, cop or she or both would have taken some lumps at the least. :)

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 2

That guy deserves a lot of credit for keeping his cool...  Had that been me being kept from my kids, I doubt I would have handled it that well.

I agree! But in the end, even keeping his cool wasn't good enough to keep him out of jail. After all the cops I've seen handle screaming, cussing, humiliation and still remaining calm and doing their job. And this officer arrested him over conversation. Sickening.
  • Like 2

I'd have to ask what the back story is.

It's pretty obvious there's already some issue of which we're not aware.

Certainly could be extenuating past circumstances (starts with deputy saying "I'm not putting up with this "today") and might explain why other person was there ready with cam,  but if so, really idiot PR on part to Cumberland Sheriff Dept. not to air them right away. Even the cretin deputy should know that a vid like that has VIRAL written all over it.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • Like 1

I am also getting the error message.

I think it's YouTube and not the guy's page. I'm having trouble with all vids, at the moment. I did get to watch the other video, though. The father seems just as calm as the first vid we watched.