Non scientific test

I had a boatload of running around to do today, my favorite cover shirt was in need of a washing machine. So I said the hell with it and open carried which is something I am usually against but just wasn't in the mood to give a crap today. Guess what happened... Absolutely nothing.

My wife called one day last week to check the balance of our power bill and hung up when it said would like to make a payment. Well low and behold they processed it anyway.

I called Bristol Power this morning and they pretty much told me tough luck pal. So we went to Eastman Credit Union in Blountville walked right past the stupid gun in the circle sign made a deposit and had a meeting with a lady to get the funds reversed as an unauthorized charge. I am pretty sure someone in the bank saw it and no one seemed to care.

Next stop Bristol power with bank statements in hand and 4516 IWB to get all the NSF charges credited to my bill. Waited for an hour and a half to get to see customer service. Got into pretty heated talks with a rep who had to repeatedly keep running back to a supervisor or someone who was more intelligent than herself. After a lot of bickering I am pretty sure I might have uttered the words "YOU WILL CREDIT THESE F!@#$ CHARGES". At which time the supervisor finally got off his fat arse and we went through it again. After explaining what happenned for the 50th time and I dont give a crap if they use a third party, that they are responsible for that third party. He finally credited the 86 bucks in overdraft fees to my next bill. Once again I didn't even get as much as a look for my gun.

Feeling better we crossed over into VA Exit 7 and went to Sams and sat there and had a slice of pizza and a hotdog for lunch, walking around afterwards. Once again non event.

Went out again a little later to get some groceries at the Bristol TN Wal-Mart walked around perusing for about an hour got our groceries and left. A couple people took a second look but realy could care less.

I still wouldnt open carry every day as you become the target but I am a little more comfy with it in public and I Have carried daily for about 5 years now.

Oh and to sweeten the deal when we checked the account tonight, the bank also reversed the overdraft fees. so now I can go buy 86 bucks wort of ammo!!!

Edited by chipperi
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would never ever let an argument happen while I am carrying. This looks bad, and guess who gets arrested when law enforcement is called because the person you cussed at felt threatened. Please keep your ego in check when you are carrying a weapon.

Guest bkelm18

While I don't open carry, I certainly wouldn't open carry into an establishment that was posted, properly or not. That's just asking for trouble right there. But overall most people don't really care that you have a gun if you don't look like a psychopath bent on mass murder.

Originally Posted by chipperi viewpost.gif

Oh and to sweeten the deal when we checked the account tonight, the bank also reversed the overdraft fees. so now I can go buy 86 bucks wort of ammo!!!

Hummm....I will have to remember to threaten with a gun the next time I get charged a silly bank fee!

Good idea! :stir:

I would never ever let an argument happen while I am carrying. This looks bad, and guess who gets arrested when law enforcement is called because the person you cussed at felt threatened. Please keep your ego in check when you are carrying a weapon.

+1

Guest Verbal Kint

+1

While I don't open carry, I certainly wouldn't open carry into an establishment that was posted, properly or not. That's just asking for trouble right there. But overall most people don't really care that you have a gun if you don't look like a psychopath bent on mass murder.

+2

I had a boatload of running around to do today, my favorite cover shirt was in need of a washing machine. So I said the hell with it and open carried which is something I am usually against but just wasn't in the mood to give a crap today. Guess what happened... Absolutely nothing.

You mean people didn't grab their kids of the streets, scream "GUN!" and call 9-1-1 or shoot you just becuase they could see you were armed? :stir:

Great story....thanks for sharing.

I wouldn't seek out an argument, but just because I'm armed, I wouldn't let someone walk all over me either.

Great Story.

I really don't understand the idea of not being able to conceal.

I NEVER tuck my shirt in. I have never tucked my shirt in....ever since I was a little kid. I work in an office and they don't care either, ( I guess cause we are a Cabinet Shop, and I don't have to deal with the public, face to face)......so my gun is always hidden, unless I decide not to hide it.

But i guess that is just me, I am a rebel. LOL

Great story though.

It wasn't ego and I didn't threaten anyone, and I didn't go in there with the intention of cussing. During the whole conversation the woman's attitude was "We didn't do it the payment processing did it so we cant do nothing about it." she was monotone and acted like she could really care less. On top of that she refused to get her supervisor. So unfortunately my "Yankee" came out (I am originally from Baltimore) and I got a little loud but I don't think threatening.

Oh and someone mentioned posted...nowhere I went yesterday was properly posted, hence legal.

So we went to Eastman Credit Union in Blountville walked right past the stupid gun in the circle sign

Probably not the wisest thing to do while open carrying. Makes us HCP carriers look bad when we do not obey an establishments rules....even though it wasn't posted "properly." Now if your gun was well concealed and you walked past the sign......well that's another story :D

After a lot of bickering I am pretty sure I might have uttered the words "YOU WILL CREDIT THESE F!@#$ CHARGES".

Also not a wise thing to do when OC'ing. Once again, makes us look bad and draws unwanted/unnecessary attention.

If $86 is all you've got in your account.....maybe you shouldn't be buying ammo with it? Just my :cool: ...and that's probably overpriced ;)

If $86 is all you've got in your account.....maybe you shouldn't be buying ammo with it? Just my :cool: ...and that's probably overpriced :D

The power company credited 86 to my power bill as well as the bank reversed the fees so I ended up with an extra 86 that I had not already budgeted.

Guest bkelm18

Oh and someone mentioned posted...nowhere I went yesterday was properly posted, hence legal.

Yes, I mentioned it, and I said posted properly or not. Chances are, you OC in a place that has an improper sign you're going to be asked to leave. You can argue the legalities of it with them all you want while they call the cops if you refuse to leave. Too much hassle to prove a point.

Yes, I mentioned it, and I said posted properly or not. Chances are, you OC in a place that has an improper sign you're going to be asked to leave. You can argue the legalities of it with them all you want while they call the cops if you refuse to leave. Too much hassle to prove a point.

Sort of up to each person to decided for themselves, isn't it?

Chances are, you OC in a place that has an improper sign you're going to be asked to leave. You can argue the legalities of it with them all you want while they call the cops if you refuse to leave.

I think this is a valid point. If you carry into a place with an invalid sign and they ask you to leave and you argue with them, then you have committed a crime.

It's fine to ignore invalid signs. But it is not OK to stay one more second after they ask you to leave. That's criminal trespass.

i thought if there was any kind of ghost buster sign up one could still get in trouble. didnt the AG give that opinion a while back. if i can only be asked to leave if it is not worded right that sure gives a lot of room if one is concealed. a lot of places i go are improperly posted

i thought if there was any kind of ghost buster sign up one could still get in trouble. didnt the AG give that opinion a while back. if i can only be asked to leave if it is not worded right that sure gives a lot of room if one is concealed. a lot of places i go are improperly posted

The "ghost buster" sign can be used with a proper sign, but not instead of.

See TN AG opinin 07-43

You may also like to see 07-148

Why couldn't you have just worn a shirt un-tucked?

That sounds like a reasonable question.

Just because I don't have my "favorite" cover shirt available doesn't mean I have to go OC.

This whole scenario just doesn't make an sense.

BTES, ECU, open carry? Hmmm....