$399 Black Friday AR Build

I do not need another AR. Ha. Just kidding. Of course I need another AR and I couldn't pass up this deal. All purchased from Palmetto State Armory:

$49.99 Blemished PSA Lower

$69.99 PTac Lower Build Kit w/Blackhawk Stock

$279.99 PTac 16 M4 1:9 Complete Upper w/M16 Bolt Carrier

Grand Total: $399.97. 

I will update with Pic's once everything shows up and I put it together. I couldn't be happier with this price given the past year. It will be my 4th AR and certainly the cheapest. I have plenty of mags and will top it with either a carry handle or a red dot from the parts bin. Once I figure in Shipping and FFL Transfer, my total cost is going to be around $460. Not bad for a quality AR. My only real gripe is that the barrel isn't chrome lined. 

Update 12/16/03: Upper ordered 11/26 finally shipped this morning so it should be here by the end of the week. Already have the lower build kit. Still waiting on the blemished upper ordered 11/29. 

Update 12/21/13: Upper arrived earlier this week and lower showed up at FFL on Thursday. Went to pick it up and sent of TICS . . . it didn't come back until Friday afternoon. At any rate, I inspected the blemished lower and couldn't find anything wrong with it. Likewise the PTAC upper and bolt both look good; I can't tell a difference between the PTAC and the premium PSA upper I have. 

Update 01/11/14: Finally got everything put together, but have yet to shoot it. I was unable to find anything I would consider a defect with the lower. The lower build kit went together without any problems. I would consider it on par with any other lower build kit. Trigger is fairly gritty and feels heavy but nothing out of the ordinary for a stock trigger. I am also very satisfied with the PTAC upper. Again, it seems on par with a PSA premium upper. I added a Stag A3 carry handle and a Magpul grip that I had laying around. For under $500 including transfer, tax and shipping, I am very pleased with how this build turned out. 

photo10_zpsc936f507.jpg

Edited by dangerdanjd
  • Like 2

Wow, that is a crazy deal on an upper with a BCG!  I snagged a blemished lower with parts kit for $79.99 from PSA to finish up another build.  I've got a stock coming from arfcom but still need a CH and BCG.

Now the waiting game.

Edited by t.bird

I do not need another AR. Ha. Just kidding. Of course I need another AR and I couldn't pass up this deal. All purchased from Palmetto State Armory:

$49.99 Blemished PSA Lower

$69.99 PTac Lower Build Kit w/Blackhawk Stock

$279.99 PTac 16 M4 1:9 Complete Upper w/M16 Bolt Carrier

Grand Total: $399.97. 

I will update with Pic's once everything shows up and I put it together. I couldn't be happier with this price given the past year. It will be my 4th AR and certainly the cheapest. I have plenty of mags and will top it with either a carry handle or a red dot from the parts bin. Once I figure in Shipping and FFL Transfer, my total cost is going to be around $460. Not bad for a quality AR. My only real gripe is that the barrel isn't chrome lined. 

You can gripe all day long about that unchromed barrel, but you done real good! Make sure it shoots. Just messin with you. :D

Ordered my upper and accessories Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I have my rifle built beside me now. :-) Woulda' been sooner had UPS left me a tag the first time they tried to deliver. :/ Got one the 2nd try, and then had them hold it at the Massman Pike UPS hub for me to pick up Friday. Stopped at D&T tonight and now I'm in business!!

Hope yours shows up soon!
  • Like 1

Check your online account with them. They are not sending email notifications about shipping anymore.

Aww, you got me all excited...still processing!

Ordered my upper and accessories Wednesday before Thanksgiving. I have my rifle built beside me now. :-) Woulda' been sooner had UPS left me a tag the first time they tried to deliver. :/ Got one the 2nd try, and then had them hold it at the Massman Pike UPS hub for me to pick up Friday. Stopped at D&T tonight and now I'm in business!!

Hope yours shows up soon!

I'm sure they were slammed with orders, I ordered late night black Friday.

My order is still "Processing" with PSA. I also purchased a Stag Complete upper for another build during Stag's midnight sale on Thanksgiving day. It hasn't shipped either.  PSA is normally slow with shipping. Hopefully it ships out this week. 

I ordered the Tuesday before Thanksgiving, 11/26. 

Edited by dangerdanjd

Two weeks now and my order is still processing. PSA's website says to allow 5 business days for shipping at one place and up to 10 business days for shipping at another place.  I'm sure it will get here eventually. It's a bit frustrating though. 

The upper from Stag's website I got in their black friday sale is going on a stag lower I bought for my brother last year. The upper is set to get here today so at least I will have that one done by Christmas.