Please tell me this is not acceptable training

[quote name="TresOsos" post="1077600" timestamp="1386820643"]You know I didn't see one person get hurt. Oh course some people do take it to extremes. [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhElFxrWRg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnhElFxrWRg[/url][/quote] Wow, I can't imagine standing there and taking one to the chest. While I realize it's being stopped by the plate, it's kinda unnerving
  • 2 weeks later...

I checked out their website, I don't think I'll ever measure up. From the "american warrior test" page

There are 3 levels: American Warrior...93% American Operator...87% American Defender...75% Only 7 people have ever reached 93% and made the American Warrior level. Only 8 people have ever reached 87% and made the American Operator level

ONLY 7 people / 8 people - if this includes their instructors, what chance do I have? I might do better on American Gladiator...

I checked out their website, I don't think I'll ever measure up. From the "american warrior test" page

There are 3 levels: American Warrior...93% American Operator...87% American Defender...75% Only 7 people have ever reached 93% and made the American Warrior level. Only 8 people have ever reached 87% and made the American Operator level

ONLY 7 people / 8 people - if this includes their instructors, what chance do I have? I might do better on American Gladiator...

and....only 3 of them are living?  I could still pass a combat standards, but when you start adding break dancing and cartwheels and crazy...I fail miserably.

Edited by Static_USMC

I am no expert on tactical training.  If you put that music on any video, then everyone in the video is going to look like idiots. It is a perfect example of how propaganda works. They play funny music, and everything looks funny: like Pavlog’a dogs. Who ever made this video wanted those people to look like idiots. I don’t know if they were doing good training or not, but I do no BS when I see it. I call BS on this. 

I am no expert on tactical training.  If you put that music on any video, then everyone in the video is going to look like idiots. It is a perfect example of how propaganda works. They play funny music, and everything looks funny: like Pavlog’a dogs. Who ever made this video wanted those people to look like idiots. I don’t know if they were doing good training or not, but I do no BS when I see it. I call BS on this. 

Several instances of poor weapon handling skills, shooting live rounds with live people in front of them. and too many instances of fidgettyness with their weapons all indicate (to me at least) that none of these 'trainees' had adequate weapons experience for this class, assuming it is a class and that this wasn't staged. The fact that they went through an entire course with a trainer that could not recognize these problems is beyond me.

I am no weapons expert or anything, and being that and needing further training, based on this video I would not consider this firm.

That being stated, from the propaganda standpoint, perhaps the entire training was edited down to this video and conveyed as what is typical of their training. A stacked deck of behaviors that were later corrected, if you will...

Edited by Ted S.
[quote name="Dustbuster" post="1083187" timestamp="1387833010"]Check this one out I'm at a loss for words [url="http://youtu.be/jW6xOWiegjU"]http://youtu.be/jW6xOWiegjU[/url] Sent from my iPhone using [url="http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1"]Tapatalk[/url] 2 of course it ate my spelling.[/quote] There's nothing I hate more than to see a "master" throwing around students like a rag doll for filming purposes. I always wonder how they would truly do in a real threat situation
  • 3 weeks later...

There's nothing I hate more than to see a "master" throwing around students like a rag doll for filming purposes. I always wonder how they would truly do in a real threat situation

That, and he needs to fight a well built guy on drugs... they don't fly off the elbow like that. He's terribly wrong when he strips the pistol. I have worked around real operators, and they do not muzzle sweep their faces while ripping the pistol out of the bad guys hands... Always strip it away from your face... this thread is entertaining. These guys are the real deal no BS... it's sad that average folks don't know what they are getting and what they are missing...  I know Greg pretty well, and he cringes at this stuff... He and Destin are real deal instructors... 

http://www.vatatrainingcenter.com

Some of the " training " on here has gone viral amongst the knife guys and martial arts hangouts. Most guys I know that are or have been hard ass door kickers laugh at this crap as well. There's things like sere and other programs that focus on hostile environment survival that doesn't involve swords and pistol whippings.most of the real shooters n looters don't pay attention to online training bullshit and focus on better stuff like Skype ing family and friends...

Some of its interesting though. I'd pay attention to someone discussing how a pen can do the most damage to an adversary, or neutralizing improvised bad things but guys playing shaolin priest w students and swords claiming its a must have are so fitting of the title strip mall sensei.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.