So, after many years of carrying many different "inexpensive" pocket knives ($60>), mostly Spyderco (which I still think very highly of), I purchased a Zero Tolerance 350 last night. Mostly, I just wanted to see if the fuss was warranted after I have seen multiple threads calling it the best folding knife available for the price point ($125>). Initial impressions of the knife are that it is built like a tank and locks up rock solid. It is a hefty knife, but rides in the pocket mostly unnoticed. The flipper on the back is easy to use and the blade and assisted open responds well to it. However, the thumb stud can be hard to use. It is flush with the scales and undercut for access. However, when you have hands the size of mine (9" long and 5.25" wide) it can be a pain in the ass to use, especially when compared to the Spyderco's signature thumb hole. 

Overall, the knife is well made and tight. We shall see how we become accustomed to each other after a few weeks of EDC.

photo1.jpg

This is my favorite of my ZT's, and you gotta use the thumb studs on it. Note that they also serve as blade stops. They're much more useful than the studs on any if the flippers. It deploys better than any of my flippers too.

IMG_0901a_zps51f25b18.jpg

IMG_0899a_zps52b5a944.jpg

Some knives are designed both ways.  The 560 and 350 are not.  The studs are primarily there for blade stops.  My Laconico can be used both ways but I never had luck with my 560.  

Some knives are designed both ways.  The 560 and 350 are not.  The studs are primarily there for blade stops.  My Laconico can be used both ways but I never had luck with my 560.  

I used the flipper on the 200, 300, 350, and the 561. The 550 ain't got no flipper. It's also in my pocket right now.

This is my favorite of my ZT's, and you gotta use the thumb studs on it. Note that they also serve as blade stops. They're much more useful than the studs on any if the flippers. It deploys better than any of my flippers too.

IMG_0901a_zps51f25b18.jpg

IMG_0899a_zps52b5a944.jpg

I love mine it is the only ZT knife that feels right in my hand

I wonder why they will not warranty a blemish , outside of finish ?

I don't blame them for that. Those blems are sold at a pretty big discount. I wouldn't warrant factory seconds either. The warranty is part of the cost of one of their new knives. It's a great way to get a ZT user for less money than they really cost.  Any ZT owner will tell you that it's real hard to break one. The 350 is the perfect model to buy in a blem. It's an entry level knife with a steel liner lock. I'm betting they get very few of them back.

They don't bat 1000 on QC, even with their higher end knives. It's not that unusual for them to have to replace a titanium slab because of lock problems. If they have to do that on a heavily discounted knife, they have screwed themselves royally.

Mike's right.  And most companies won't warranty a blem.  We have thousands of cd's per year that have messed up artwork or other issues and rather than toss the stuff, we offer it out at a significant discount with no returns.  Its not uncommon in business.