What do you do when you encounter a posted business?

When I see that a business is posted I...  

128 members have voted

1. 1. When I see that a business is posted I...

• Go elsewhere, not spending my money there.
    • Go on in and keep my gun concealed, it's no ones business if I'm carrying.
    • Disarm and go on in.

I don't post about it on the Internet.

Some things are better left unsaid.....

With that being said I'll generally try to avoid said business but as commented in another thread it happens so rarely that I find a business that I need to enter is posted other than the Post Office which my closest one is posted on the same bulletin board where folks put up their little garage sales fliers over the firearms posting.... LOL

Here in Nebraska if you carry past a posted sign and happen to get caught it will cost you a fine and probably lose your permit and you don`t get it back

Separate TN statute also says that a violation of the posting statute means your permit will be "suspended or revoked" also. Just can't find a case of it happening yet.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
Guest RebelCowboySnB

Other than Toys R Us at Christmas where I had to go an I disarmed, I will go elsewhere when I am in Tn. In Ga I walk in gun still showing...

Depends, if there is an unposted business near by offering similar services I give them first shot at my business. I.E. You will always find me shopping at the Green Hills mall(if for some odd reason I need a mall) rather than in Cool Springs Galleria since they are equal distances from my home and for the most part offer similar stores. Same with Sams Club vs Costco.

If it's a restaurant such as Loveless(My wife loves the preserves and biscuits) I'll disarm to keep the family happy or occasionally suggest(in advance if possible) a similar alternative. I.E. Puckett's.

If I need the services and nowhere offers comparable services I'll leave the gun at home/in my car. I.E. the Post Office.

I do not carry past postings on purpose, if I'm beyond the sign and armed you can assume I unknowingly used an alternate unposted entrance or the signage was not clearly visible.(I look pretty hard in most cases)

^^^This^^^

Some things are better left unsaid.....

With that being said I'll generally try to avoid said business but as commented in another thread it happens so rarely that I find a business that I need to enter is posted other than the Post Office which my closest one is posted on the same bulletin board where folks put up their little garage sales fliers over the firearms posting.... LOL

Just in case everyone doesn't know it yet, ALL post offices, anywhere and everywhere are posted, whether there's a sign or not.

Just in case everyone doesn't know it yet, ALL post offices, anywhere and everywhere are posted, whether there's a sign or not.

Penalty is only $50 fine and/or 30 days, though. Apparently P.O.s aren't under the heavy penalties in the weapons in federal buildings statute also, but if they are, they must be posted for conviction under it.

- OS

I'm pretty safe, most of those signs show either a Glock or Beretta silhouette and I don't carry either.

You are really safe at Harrah's Cherokee - no flareguns allowed!!!

On the record, I do NOT knowingly break the law, in the case of private business, if owner doesn't want me armed, I make my decision based on circumstances to either dis-arm and enter or shop elsewhere...and I always have my trusty CRKT M16-14T

Edited by Gotthegoods

Personally I respect the right of the business to be able to post their preference just as I expect others to respect my right to carry. I view it the same as entering someone's house, your house, your rules. Now does that mean I will continue to support the business that's up for debate it depends on the business. Isn't it great to live in a country with choices?

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm different here, as I've never allowed a business to dictate my daily routine of things. If I'm out and about and want to run into a store or restaurant and it's posted I just simply disarm, go in and take care of business and go on my way. How well I'm concealed plays a role at as well. A gun buster sign is not going to force me to drive my gas out looking for something somewhere else. I also don't feel the need to be armed every second of the day. If I felt that I did, I think I would reevaluate the types of places I frequent or stay my happy butt at home. I live my life as I see fit. If it's not posted I carry in. If it's posted, I disarm (99.99% of the time).

Gun carry does not run my life. Like TGO David says.....I'm not posting it on the internet. I gave you my opinion in a nut shell!

Dave

If its somewhere like a restaurant that we have already made plans to go to, I'll disarm and go inside. But that place goes on my "List" and we never go back.

I've got my wife trained. When making dinner plans she'll say, "Oh, yeah, we can't go there; they are haters". Haters is my term for business that post.

• Like 1

I am "armed' about 98% of the time (and armed in my vehicles 100% of the time) so, when getting ready to enter a business if I see a no-weapons policy I will turn around and go somewhere else with the rare exception of having an overriding reason for entering that store such as gathering with a group, special occasion, etc

Frankly, I am very nervous these days about sending time in any business where arms aren't allowed because no only will it mean that I'll be disarmed but it's likely that if something should happen, no one else will be armed either.

Frankly, I am very nervous these days about sending time in any business where arms aren't allowed because no only will it mean that I'll be disarmed but it's likely that if something should happen, no one else will be armed either.

Yeah, it's like temporarily cancelling your health insurance off and on every day.

- OS

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok, I am claiming ignorance.  What does the law say about carrying into a private business that has signs telling you not to?  Is there laws to back up the business? I have looked but can't find clear language on this topic

Edited by kevhunt80