Dad gets revenge on son....for 30 days straight

Guest TankerHC

Or he could respect his son's wishes and try to empathize what it is like to be a 16 year old boy trying to fit in at school. Perhaps the father could of just talked to his son like an adult rather than doing something spiteful in order to further alienate his kid. I dunno, on one hand I'd say it's not my place to judge, but then again this dad chose to advertise his parenting choices on the Internet with the intent to self aggrandize or to further shame his son.... Perhaps a little of both. I wouldn't do this to my kid, but that's just me. I hope it was worth it to him that his son may harbor angry feelings towards him for the rest of his life for the sake of a few Internet yuk yuks.
  • Like 1

I'm kinda on the side with TMF. I don't think I would like it as an adult, I certainly would not have liked as a teen. This could have been a great opportunity for a father and son to have an adult conversation. Instead the dad doubles down and makes it worse. Don't get me wrong, it's funny as hell, but I bet it wasn't to the kid.

When my son was a teen, I realized that telling him "I love you" in front of his friends would be embarrassing. I told him I wouldn't do that to him, but I was going to tell him I loved him somehow. I told him I was going to use a code, and every time I said to him "How 'bout those Titans", what I really meant was "I love you". I used to yell it out of the car at school when I would drop him off, and he'd yell it right back to me. 

• Like 1
Oh the horror that this kid must have had to face. I mean how terrible it is to have a dad in his life that obviously loves his son. Maybe his dad should just show up the first week of the month like half the kids in school today. That would be so much more normal. I applaud the dad for wanting to wave by to his kid everyday. I'm sure by the end of this episode the kids were waiting anxiously to see what good old dad had on this morning. Further I would venture to say that the kid gained some popularity over the whole incident. I genuinely fear the day that my boys find me embarrassing to be around. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I genuinely fear the day that my boys find me embarrassing to be around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Me too, but I plan on listening, empathizing and understanding their concerns before doing something rash and purposefully embarrassing, then posting it for the world to see. I mean, maybe he wants to get a big boy job someday and doesn't want that to be the first thing that pops up when he gets googled by a potential employer. Or what if he faced intense ridicule at school over this and hung himself for it? We wouldn't be giving this chucklehead dad any kudos. Just some things to consider with your kids. It ain't all about YOU.

Kid will grow up to be a serial killer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

He also might grow up to not let what folks say bother him. I would think after a few days of this the kids on the bus got a kick out of what he will dress like the next morning. 

FlyBoy

Kids need to learn to deal with problems at all levels I believe too many parents pussy whip their kids and don't instill traditional values. They buy them new cars at 16?drive them everyplace, make em stand on time out for burning down the neighbors house and the list goes on. Kids today have it easier than ever. The dad embarrassing the crap out of his kid issue has probably worn itself out to where everyone thinks the dad is stupid or crazy w nothing better to do.
I see the end result of bad or pussy parenting at multiple angles and sometimes it can be just disgusting.
If parents having doubt of what to do with their kids they should think about what their parents probably did.
Call me old fashioned but half of these kids missed a few things that make them better adults like ass beatings and being grounded for a month when needed not this stand in the corner crap....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.
Guest Lowbuster
We as parents also lead by example. We do not raise our children alone. Some may think we do, but I feel the community/ piers around everyone, adults and children alike, determine how most people act to an extent of our upbringing. We all change as we get older and make different decisions good and bad. I'm not against punishing my child, but it's better when you never have to. My daughter has wonderful friends that don't act out and the little group sticks up for each other. We need more of this.

Teaching your kids that its acceptable to be goofy and show affection publicly is not humiliating them.  Sure they may find it humiliating, but they will learn that what other people think doesn't matter.  

If you think this guy is a bad dad or have a problem with what he did, maybe YOU have the problem.

I don't know , but I look at things a little different than most but having my father wave good bye to me each morning would have made me feel good because I knew he loved me and one never knows when that might be the last time they see each other. That is why I had a policy in our home when my boys were growing up. It was no one ever went to bed mad at one another about anything. If their was an argument of disagreement about something it was always settled before anyone went to bed. I always saw both my boys off to school but they didn't ride the bus. I dropped them off at school before going to work.................jmho

Teaching your kids that its acceptable to be goofy and show affection publicly is not humiliating them.  Sure they may find it humiliating, but they will learn that what other people think doesn't matter.  

If you think this guy is a bad dad or have a problem with what he did, maybe YOU have the problem.

No need to be personal, first off. This guy decided to advertise this to the world. We're not peeking into his windows to see this.

Secondly, it is not for you to judge whether this kid was humiliated, it is for the kid. If a kid finds something humiliating it doesn't matter what you think. His perception is his reality. Blowing that off like it doesn't matter isn't how you show love and respect to your kids. Sorry, but that is the reality.

Fellas, I don't see how this is a problem with all the deadbeat dads that are out there, what this guy did was not only funny, but full of win, though some of those costumes makes you wonder a bit.. That kid should be happy that he has a dad that will actually go out there and embarrass himself in front of the kids to show how much he care for his son. 

Sounds like a good dad/son relationship.

No need to be personal, first off. This guy decided to advertise this to the world. We're not peeking into his windows to see this.

Secondly, it is not for you to judge whether this kid was humiliated, it is for the kid. If a kid finds something humiliating it doesn't matter what you think. His perception is his reality. Blowing that off like it doesn't matter isn't how you show love and respect to your kids. Sorry, but that is the reality.

Don't remember saying any names or quoting anyone.  If you took offense, that's on you.  Wasn't personal for me.  

Do you know that it was the dad that advertised to the world?  I don't.  I admittedly didn't watch the interviews or research it.  But nothing I saw said that the dad posted it on the internet.  '

I'm not blowing off anything.  I learned how to not care about being humiliated by BEING HUMILIATED!  I learned to laugh at life by having humiliating things happen to me.  I learned that what other people thought didn't matter by being insulted and bullied.  Everyone learns differently, and I know and understand that.  But allowing your child to have experiences that are less than pleasant doesn't make you a bad person or a bad parent.