TFA Constitutional Carry Push (Updated with Scans)

• Moderators
Received a letter in the mail asking for renewal. Enclosed was a letter talking about Bloomberg's national push for gun control. The letter also speaks that the best defense may be a good offense. Just wondering if anyone else received it, and wha your thoughts were if you have. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by CZ9MM

Cool. I'd rather see a TICS exemption for HCP holders though.

Dang that is an excellent idea, I don't buy a lot of guns from gun shops but one could feasibly "pay" for his hcp just by saving the nics check fee.

I personally would like to see the nfa done away with but that will never happen for many reasons, but I would settle with suppressors being taken out of the nfa.
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting that CZ9MM.

I like his idea of forcing a vote on Constitutional carry in both the TN House and the TN Senate. It's the ultimate test of which side they're really on. Whoever votes no loses all credibility when claiming to be pro gun or pro 2nd Amendment. The sheeps clothing gets stripped away and the wolf is exposed. I don't know that they could force it but I'd personally love to see it.

I'd love to see TICS go away, or the NFA repealed, but that would have to be done at the federal level.  If TICS went away, we would have to use the fed's NICS system, which sucks.

Exempting HCP holders from a background check (either TICS or NICS) CAN be done purely at the state level. 

• Like 1

I'd love to see TICS go away, or the NFA repealed, but that would have to be done at the federal level.  If TICS went away, we would have to use the fed's NICS system, which sucks.

Exempting HCP holders from a background check (either TICS or NICS) CAN be done purely at the state level. 

I would LOVE to see the NFA repealed and abolished completely!

• Moderators
[quote name="dcloudy777" post="1094842" timestamp="1389716406"]I'd love to see TICS go away, or the NFA repealed, but that would have to be done at the federal level. If TICS went away, we would have to use the fed's NICS system, which sucks. Exempting HCP holders from a background check (either TICS or NICS) [b]CAN[/b] be done purely at the state level. [/quote] NICS sucks? The TICS is essentially the exact same thing, we just pay $10 to have the state do it for us. I would gladly trade TICS for NICS. Saves us each $10 for each transfer/purchase. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are also an anti-property right, anti-business rights organization :)

I like John Harris, and the crew over there a lot... a good group of guys, but once they hopped on this parking lots bill crazyfest I stopped helping out.  And I can't recommend that anybody else join of give them money that cares about their other rights just as much as they do about the 2nd amendment rights.

For those unaware, the TFA is a pro gun group in Tennessee. They're not for the nfa or Bloomers group.

How about a synopsis of what it said?

They are also an anti-property right, anti-business rights organization :)

I like John Harris, and the crew over there a lot... a good group of guys, but once they hopped on this parking lots bill crazyfest I stopped helping out.  And I can't recommend that anybody else join of give them money that cares about their other rights just as much as they do about the 2nd amendment rights.

We can start talking property rights when we actually own property and not have to pay taxes on it each year.

• Like 3

How does NICS suck more than TICS?

TICS costs us money on each purchase, NICS doesn't...  TICS has a much higher false positive rate than NICS...  NICS also has better privacy safeguards than TICS.

TICS knows it has a very high false positive rate...  Up to 70% of the denials are outright overturned on appeal.  Many of the denials that are upheld are because of outstanding 'issues' that even if true could not be a disqualifying event...

The truth is we're paying extra to have a 90+% false positive rate...  Now, these numbers combined with the feds really bring into question the logic behind background checks to begin with...  is it really worth $15-20 million in cost to taxpayers to put each violator behind bars?

Is it really worth all of this mess to stop 1.14% of the population from getting a gun?  Even if it is, the state doesn't have a business or authority to be involved in the process.

• Like 1

NICS is unavailable more often than TICS. 

But more importantly, I don't trust the feds to get rid of the data the way there supposed to.

Yes, the whole background check idea is a total waste of time and money, but it also isn't going anywhere.  :down:

TFA Constitutional Carry Push

I have been suggesting that for a long time, but some members that say they are in the know say it won’t happen. But I don’t see anything in that letter that implies a “Constitutional Carry Push”.

Well, NICS might not be getting rid of the information correctly... but there are some very large pro-2nd amendment organizations watching them like hawks...  We know TICS has unlawfully held firearm check data longer than allowed under the law...  Also TICS asks for more information about your purchase than NICS does.

As for uptime, I'd rather not pay $10 per purchase and once and awhile have to wait longer, than use TICS.

NICS is unavailable more often than TICS. 

But more importantly, I don't trust the feds to get rid of the data the way there supposed to.

Yes, the whole background check idea is a total waste of time and money, but it also isn't going anywhere.  :down:

Well, technically, yes it can in TN. But not in every state -- BATF has the say as to which ones are allowed to substitute permit for NICS check.

- OS

But I don’t see anything in that letter that implies a “Constitutional Carry Push”.

Did you miss paragraphs 3 and 4 on page 3? They talked about forcing a vote in the TN House and Senate on Constitutional carry.

Edited by PapaB

We are in fact moving toward Constitutional Carry as an objective.  However, to gain that we have to have a Senator and a House member who are Liberty minded and not afraid of their caucuses. We want to force a floor vote so we can count our friends and enemies.

And JayC, the Tennessee Constitution does not allow for private property ownership in TN, it just like you can take care of it for the City, County and State, but if they want anything you "own", (up to and including your life) they can take it if they make up a set of rules that says they can.  Read Article 1 Sections 8 and 21 of the Declaration of Rights.

We all get to have an opinion, but I will take the side that if it is in my privately owned vehicle and you invited me there, as long as I do not take it out and carry it, I am not depriving your of your property rights while I am inside mine, as long as the thing I have is legal and I keep it in my property. You want to side with Fed Ex and the other Chamber supporters, it is yours to do so.

• Like 3

We are in fact moving toward Constitutional Carry as an objective.  However, to gain that we have to have a Senator and a House member who are Liberty minded and not afraid of their caucuses.

Surely you could get Crazy Stacey from the Senate? Downside is I assume he doesn't carry a helluva lotta weight in the legislature due to most of them being leery sharing some of his wacky press.

- OS

Surely you could get Crazy Stacey from the Senate? Downside is I assume he doesn't carry a helluva lotta weight in the legislature due to most of them being leery sharing some of his wacky press.

- OS

I'm leery of anything with that guy's name on it.