things you find cleaning out a truck

vontar

Well, a guy at work wants to buy my old truck.

Couple things, I am fully planning to tell him everything I know that is wrong with it.

Short list, leaks oil, trans fluid.  Few other issues that I am going to point out.  He will be informed the best I know.

Anyways, I am getting it ready to let him try it out for a few days.

Behind the seat of this ranger, I found 4 tire irons(3 single lug and 1 4way, 2 jacks, 3 first aid kits, jumper cables, tools, heavy rope, and about 10-15 bungee cords.

I knew I had most of that back there, but I really didn't I had that many tire irons and 2 jacks.

• Like 2

Correction, I just went out and was doing a bit more and under the seat, I found a fold up 4 way.

(so that was one standard 4, and one fold up 4 way)

I understand both 4 ways, I remember them. 

I know the truck came with one of the others with the original jack.

I have no clue about 2 of the single lug ones.

I am going to leave the original jack and iron with the truck.  I will make sure it fits the lugs.

I believe that brings the total to 5 now.

Good thing there isn't a limit.

I can hear it now, no nobody needs more then 1.

Edited by vontar

Better than thinking you have one tire iron and finding you have none when you need it. I always keep a single in my vehicle, the kind with the prybar end on it, as I've found many uses for it when nothing else worked. Bungees and ratchet straps, I always have more than I should ever need in any one of my vehicles and a tow chain with gloves. Been caught without a time or two and really, really needed them.

• Like 1

Not a truck but this morning I was cleaning out my old car getting it ready to sell and found an Ipod that I lost 3+ years ago.  I remember losing it, I was driving west on I-40 around Kingston, traffic was a little hairy and I needed a music change.  While messing with the Ipod I decided giving traffic 100% of my attention was more important so I pitched the Ipod over towards the passenger seat and never saw it again.  I swear I turned that car upside down 3 or 4 times looking for it.  Well it turned up at the car wash this morning thanks to one of those industrial vacuums.   Turns out it was behind some electronics box under the passenger seat and could not be seen.  It's charging now, can't wait to listen to it at work tonight, I remember it having some good stuff on it.

Many years ago while cleaning an old truck Dad decided to sell, I found probably 2 weeks worth of MRE's from the mid '70's in a box under the seat. 

I didn't think about it at the time, but I REALLY wish he hadn't sold that truck.  It would've been really cool to fix up. 

the seat adjuster spring thing broke on my one owner 1988 f150 last summer.  this old truck sets in the pole barn most of the time and is a total family use vehicle with no one driver.  so i started cleaning out from under and behind the seat to fix the problem.  i found a gold mine, knifes, a hammer, several screw drivers, open end wrenches, other tools that went missing over the years, and a complete set of a tractor tire water loading kit.  But the best thing i found was two boxes of 22 lr ammo and one full glock 23 mag.   also, old french fries, i never knew they would last that long.  hard as a rock. 

1000 years from now, archaeologists will be puzzled why so many skinny, petrified, potato sticks will be found among the detritus from this era.  Some will theorize they had some sort of religious significance, or were perhaps a type of fertility talisman.  There will of course be a certain amount of verisimilitude in those hypotheses.

Edited by No_0ne
  • Like 1