Taking on the NRA

Harvey Weinstein says he's done making violent movies -- or at least, not as violent
Jan. 18, 2014, 12:22 PM EST

By L.A. Ross
TheWrap

Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein says he's done making violent movies.

The head of The Weinstein Company said on CNN's "Piers Morgan Live" Friday that coinciding with his plan to make a movie condemning gun violence, he will scale down his company's production and distribution of films depicting grossly violence just for the sake of being violent.

"I have to just choose movies, I mean, that aren't violent — or as violent as they used to be," Weinstein said.

Weinstein made the comments in response to conservative groups in particular, that are accusing the producer of hypocrisy over Thursday's announcement that he would make a movie with Meryl Streep that would take down the National Rifle Association

"I think the NRA is a disaster area. I shouldn't say this, but I'll tell it to you, Howard," Weinstein said during Howard Stern's radio show. "I'm going to make a movie with Meryl Streep, and we're going to take this head-on," Weinstein told Stern on Wednesday. "And they're going to wish they weren't alive after I'm done with them."

Weinstein can count among his credits such bloody films as the "Kill Bill" and "Scream" franchises and the Quentin Tarantino blood-fest, "Pulp Fiction."

"I think they have a point," Weinstein said of his critics. "I have — you have to look in the mirror too."

I had no idea that the NRA and all us law-abiding, gun-owning citizens contributed to gun violence, promoted gun violence or the legal ownership of a gun turned us into mindless killing machines.

• Like 1

Harvey Weinstein is a self-aggrandizing, deluded, narcissistic fool; and Meryl Streep aint far behind.... Let him (... and them...) spend all his (...their ....) money on this foolishness... Who cares what he thinks or does.... The hollywood trash that populates the left coast and new york shouldnt worry anyone... He may not have found out yet; but they dont run anything but the democrat party; and that may be over pretty soon...

noncaring leroy

• Like 4

in all honesty I sincerely hope he does quit making his violent movies because when he does people will quite paying big money at movie theaters to go see them and his pocket book will suffer and the NRA will continue to grow.  This movie they are about to release will only make many more people aware of how good the NRA is and their membership will grow from the free advertisement from the movie..............jmho

Harvey Weinstein is a self-aggrandizing, deluded, narcissistic fool; and Meryl Streep aint far behind.... Let him (... and them...) spend all his (...their ....) money on this foolishness... Who cares what he thinks or does.... The hollywood trash that populates the left coast and new york shouldnt worry anyone... He may not have found out yet; but they dont run anything but the democrat party; and that may be over pretty soon...

noncaring leroy

Sounds like you're fed up with Libtards. Have some tofu :)

• Like 1

If he had balls he'd take on the Westboro baptist church....or build another st Jude's hospital on the west coast,set up,ready for patients with first year of operating costs paid for in full. That's if he had balls.hes nothing but a Hollywood thug with money running a bank.

We know what the NRA mission is. We've all had our mailboxes bloated but No organization is perfect. I couldn't care if la Pierre serves sugar free gummi bears to Diane Feinstein daily w NRA dollars because they're doing what they should do first.

But, I guarantee if someone strapped Weinstein into a chair placed on a corner in Compton calif, and hung a sign on him that says I love cops, he'd wish to god, If the locals let him live, that he'd picked a different organization to take on.There may not be an NRA member or Eddie eagle within one square mile of him to save his sorry ass, but, he'd understand that bad guys will always have guns and calling the police isn't the answer. He may even consider looking at the resources the NRA has and provides besides lobbyists.

What's even more amazing is the security people that protect and keep alive,the artists and entities that help Weinstein generate millions are NRA supporters, here and abroad. Many of these professionals obtain NRA training to establish credibility that enables that person to protect an entity versus someone with little or no training.

Let's see if pulp fiction type films get replaced with action scenes that don't get any worse than pandas playing ping pong...

A+ for douchebag and a+ for believing he's secretly engaged to Michael Bloomberg ...
ahaje8u3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

Here's the deal... Obama is all butt hurt because he didn't get his way with gun control. He blames everybody but himself. My avatar memorializes that day. Now, all his Hollywood buddies are scrambling to his aid because the NRA KICKED HIS ASS.

Once again, the Divider in Chief works his magic. I'm just waiting for the day when those folks realize that THEY, not the cops or military will have to come and get the guns themselves. I'm not saying that I'll shoot a fat man right here on the Interwebz, so y'all will just have to speculate what will happen when he comes waddling up my sidewalk.

• Like 2

Isn't it the 2A (and the NRA) that protects the Freedom of Hollywood from guv'mint  to do, say, and spew anything they want, promote any view or push any political agenda?

Take away the 2A, then guv'mint can limit all the other rights and freedoms we have at the point of their guns...of course that would NEVER happen in the USA and history shows it has never happenedin any other country on the Earth...

• Like 1

I might take him more seriously if he denounced all of the violent, gun promoting movies he's ever made. If he said, "I've seen the light, I was wrong to make those movies, and nobody should ever watch them again," then I might believe him. He just thinks that he has found another source of income in the gun hating crowd. I have a feeling he will discover his efforts were for nothing.

• Like 1

Here's the deal... Obama is all butt hurt because he didn't get his way with gun control. He blames everybody but himself. My avatar memorializes that day. Now, all his Hollywood buddies are scrambling to his aid because the NRA KICKED HIS ASS.

Once again, the Divider in Chief works his magic. I'm just waiting for the day when those folks realize that THEY, not the cops or military will have to come and get the guns themselves. I'm not saying that I'll shoot a fat man right here on the Interwebz, so y'all will just have to speculate what will happen when he comes waddling up my sidewalk.

Always wondered what a 458 SOCOM would do to the fat ass blubber of a hippy.
  • Like 1

With those grendels you ought to be able to drop a fatty as soon as he comes waddling into your county, nonetheless sidewalk.

I repeat from other thread about this at

http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/74909-harvey-weinstein-and-meryl-streep-to-make-movie-slamming-the-nra/

Hypocrite meter is pegging -- look at some of the gun flicks Weinstein has produced.

Reservoir Dogs

Pulp Fiction

True Romance

Jackie Brown

Equilibrium

Sin City

Grindhouse (Planet Terror)

Django Unchained

- OS

I repeat from other thread about this at
http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/74909-harvey-weinstein-and-meryl-streep-to-make-movie-slamming-the-nra/

Hypocrite meter is pegging -- look at some of the gun flicks Weinstein has produced.

Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
True Romance
Jackie Brown
Equilibrium
Sin City
Grindhouse (Planet Terror)
Django Unchained

- OS

^Exactly. I couldn't say what he did with a straight face. The sense of shame has been totally lost for many people.