big gun auction in Lebanon saturday the 15th

Anybody going? I was planning to but something has come up and can't. They have advertised having several bricks of 22s I figure it will be fun watching the crazyness. Quite a few nice looking pieces and misc ammo. Auctions usually don't offer deals but you never know.
[quote name="w0lfattack" post="1110454" timestamp="1392321369"]So should one not expect to get any good deals there? I've never been to an auction and won't bother if it's not worth it...[/quote] Far too much testosterone at these auctions. Good deals are very few and far between. It's common for guns to sell at prices above retail.

Form your own conclusions, but...Publically  advertised sale of firearms and ammo. There is a perceived ammo shortage. A politically charged climate for guns. Everybody looking for a "deal/steal." 

What usually happens when a group of flea marketeers, resellers, and generally greedy people get together in a large crowd?

It might not be a farce, but the odds of getting a good buy are small. Get a great buy--very slim.

Far too much testosterone at these auctions. Good deals are very few and far between. It's common for guns to sell at prices above retail.

That's dumb as hell. That being said I think we should close the classifieds section of this forum and hold monthly public gun auctions in its place!  :hat:

• Like 1

I've found that your average guns, like the ones at this sale, will likely go for more than what one would see them for in the wild. If by chance there were some higher dollar items they might go for a fair price. Cheap stuff usually goes high, high stuff don't go cheap, but maybe fair. I bought a really nice vintage Browning .380 a while back at an auction. Probably got it $200 less than the going price at the time.

• Like 1

I bought my Hi Power at an auction, price seemed good until I had to add 200$ in between the taxes, background check and the fees the auction charged... Lesson learned.

Make sure you know those ahead of time and estimate what the OTD price will be before you start bidding...

I know someone that went. He got about 6 guns and a bunch of 22 bricks, which he is now selling on goc at $50 each. Not sure what he paid for all this stuff but he got it solely for resale. Don't know if he'll get it but I hate to see it being sold that high.

This is not April 1st... :cool:

Edited by seez52
[quote name="seez52" post="1112433" timestamp="1392646969"]This is not April 1st... :cool:[/quote] No joke here. If you need 22 lr and are willing to pay $50 per brick it's on goc now, or at least it was Saturday. He didn't say what guns he got, but I'm sure he'll sell them on goc too, if he hasn't already. I don't know him that well and he hasn't said much else about it.