Hows the weather?

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

Pretty rough in this AO. Used to it having lived in MS for 17 years, but was hoping to get away from it. I see some serious weather coming into Nashville right now, at least according to Accuweather's minute radar.  

My 3 yr old slept right through it all, but my 6 yr old joined us in bed.  Makes for a long night and even longer next day.   :-\ 

We had a few good cracks of thunder and the usual wind/rain but nothing extraordinary.  Though on my drive to work this morning I noticed a fair bit of localized flooding (creek WAY over its banks).  It must have rained a lot. 

A couple cracks of serious thunder.  Enough to send my 8 year old boy to my bed where my 1 year old was already.  4 in the bed makes for a rough night!  I froze because they stole the covers!

Yep, my neck hurts this morning. I had 3 trying to pile in our bed last night. I relocated to the couch, lol. No storm damage here though... Just high winds and thunder. The louder the thunder, the louder my coonhound snored. I think he's the only one that got good rest.

Shelby County got strong winds, a few big boomers and rain. It went through at 50mph so rain was heavy but brief. 

A few branches came off some trees and some folks went without power for a while. All in all a typical spring weather system.

Except for one thing......

As the cold front followed the storm through the County the temps dropped like a stone and we are back into winter for at least the next week or so

with temps back into the low 30's.

Guest TankerHC

Shelby County got strong winds, a few big boomers and rain. It went through at 50mph so rain was heavy but brief. 

A few branches came off some trees and some folks went without power for a while. All in all a typical spring weather system.

Except for one thing......

As the cold front followed the storm through the County the temps dropped like a stone and we are back into winter for at least the next week or so

with temps back into the low 30's.

We had the opposite.  I was sitting in my truck waiting because someone said this would be a good opportunity to get some good lightning shots. Temp on the trucks thermometer read 41. Went inside and came back out 30 minutes later and it read 59. Took a look online at Accuweather and it said 61 at 1AM this morning.

We had the opposite.  I was sitting in my truck waiting because someone said this would be a good opportunity to get some good lightning shots. Temp on the trucks thermometer read 41. Went inside and came back out 30 minutes later and it read 59. Took a look online at Accuweather and it said 61 at 1AM this morning.

Heh.  You know an inch of rubber ain't gonna stop anything (other than water)  that travelled a few hundred mile to zap you, right? 

I had a mobile ham radio drilled, right between me & another op  in a storm. Talking about hauling a$$ off of the mountain....  We came back and picked up the camp the next day.

That reminds me... As a kid, I was riding along the Florida Turnpike with my parents on the way to Disney.  A car in front of us got drilled, let out a lot of smoke, and just rolled to a stop.

Edited by R_Bert