Com bloc ammo

Well being that only some of the Wolf line is actually made in Russia and the Tula is coming out of Bosnia/Herzegovina I don't think it's going to be a problem. Well, unless people start speculating and destroy the current market like they did with AR's and 5.56/.223 back last January. I'll wait till others have maxed out their CC and then the market dumps the price back down. That's when I'll buy. ;)

• Like 1

It's a good question Troutberger....and a valid one.

I'm pretty broke, so that makes my decision an easy one LOL.

But this same question is flooding the "interweb" at a rapid rate.

I recall only too well Clinton, and I actually think we were better off with him (God I never thought I'd say that) than with Mr. Obama...so a halt by E.O. isn't farfetched.

If I could...I'd grab a bunch of Wolf Primers. I'm probably in a minority, but I've had great success with them.

Happy Hunting folks. :cool:

This is the state of being a gun enthusiast in today's climate.  Just a little sabre rattling sets off a run on certain types of ammo.  Aim surplus is currently sold out of x39 and 5.45, SG Ammo not too far behind.  Have to admit I'm part of the problem--I bought a case of that generic white box x39 last week when I probably wouldn't have but for the news.  But even if there are trade sanctions we still have Romania, Bulgaria, and of course Ukraine, so let's not go crazy.

• Like 1

TulAmmo 7.62x39 is made in Russia.

Tula is an import brand and since they split with Wolf, it is currently coming from several different sources including but not limited to the Ulyansky factory. Tula brand boxes are still Russian but they distribute under other names like Cabella's "Herter's". IIRC.

Sanctions won't involve ammo. I'm calling it right now (praying I'm right :D). This will just be another panic. Even in the worst case scenario, Ukraine and Romania are still producing steel case ammo. They can increase that production if it means more $$$ for them. Bulgaria and Bosnia are producing brass 7.62x39 as well, so you should always be able to get boxer primed, re loadable ammo. Most of the 5.45 and 7.62x54Rmm surplus comes from Ukraine anyway, so how would that be affected? Oh yeah, by everyone starting rumors and buying up every single round of commie ammo they see.

We are our own worst enemies.

• Like 2
[quote name="austin7.62" post="1121044" timestamp="1394146840"]Sanctions won't involve ammo. I'm calling it right now (praying I'm right :D). This will just be another panic. Even in the worst case scenario, Ukraine and Romania are still producing steel case ammo. They can increase that production if it means more $$$ for them. Bulgaria and Bosnia are producing brass 7.62x39 as well, so you should always be able to get boxer primed, re loadable ammo. Most of the 5.45 and 7.62x54Rmm surplus comes from Ukraine anyway, so how would that be affected? Oh yeah, by everyone starting rumors and buying up every single round of commie ammo they see. We are our own worst enemies.[/quote] This, this, and THIS!

Sam from SG Ammo made a pretty dramatic comment about this in his AR15.com subforum: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_467/246988_It_s_baaaack_____________.html&page=1#i2316617

For him to say that is significant.  He may be wrong, but dealing in ammo is what he does for a living.  And I don't think he's being a salesman here either, just egging people on to buy more.  This is probably legit inside information.

'Nutter rumor at The War On Guns:

Russia Cuts Off Ammo Imports?

Stocked fairly deep on surplus - I've recently focused more on reloadable ammo and components. All set on 38 Nagant, 39, 54R, and 9x18. No dies for 7.62x25, but do have a couple hundred rounds of boxer primed Wolf.

Edit: David, that tends to pretty much confirm your "supply side" info.

Edited by ttocswob
I don't think this is a bunch of hype. It's a fact the Russia has invaded the Ukraine. That's the two main sources of commie ammo. It's fact trade sanctions and ex orders have been used to restrict ammo imports in the past. It's also fact this admin is very willing to use eo's to promote its agendas.

I don't think this is a bunch of hype.

It's a fact the Russia has invaded the Ukraine. That's the two main sources of commie ammo.

It's fact trade sanctions and ex orders have been used to restrict ammo imports in the past.

It's also fact this admin is very willing to use eo's to promote its agendas.

They've invaded the Crimea. There is no ammo production there. Even if Russia had the ability to annex Crimea, and it became Russian territory, it would have no effect on Ukrainian production. Ukraine and Russia aren't going to war. Barry has his hands tied as well. No one wants to place any sanctions on Russia besides us. He has no support, and there will be no sanctions on ammunition.
  • Like 1
I saw this posted by someone today. This individual asked ammoman about the supply of Russian steel case ammo:
Hello xxxxxx,

Thank you for reaching out to us here AmmoMan.com! There are currently no sanctions at all against Russia and without any sanctions, there will not be any issues getting any of the Russian ammunition in stock. Until we see those sanctions, we will not have any issues continue getting that in stock! If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thank you,
Joe
AmmoMan.com
  • Like 1

While there may be some hiccups in the supply chain with the conflict over there going on, keep in mind that those hiccups occur even when there are no problems going on ... it's Russia after all ;), If there is a shortage or price hikes it will be completely American consumer driven, much like the .22 shortage has been.

• Like 2
[quote name="Stegall Law Firm" post="1121022" timestamp="1394141131"]This is the state of being a gun enthusiast in today's climate. Just a little sabre rattling sets off a run on certain types of ammo. Aim surplus is currently sold out of x39 and 5.45, SG Ammo not too far behind. Have to admit I'm part of the problem--I bought a case of that generic white box x39 last week when I probably wouldn't have but for the news. But even if there are trade sanctions we still have Romania, Bulgaria, and of course Ukraine, so let's not go crazy.[/quote] This is nuts - AIM runs a live inventory, and the other day as a test i put as many cans of 5.45 in my cart - it was $186 Million dollars worth of this ammo. Nearly 11,000 tins. I find it very hard to believe this all sold to the retail market - i have to think that some middle man retailer picked it up - but man - that is a TON of ammo - nearly 12 million rounds!