Truck gun holster

Let me preface this post by saying, I am well aware this type of holster isn't for everyone. I'm just sharing my experience with a local (Murfreesboro) small business, not trying create a debate.

I just received the holster that I'm going to mount in my truck. 

Leatherneck Tactical Concealment is a local small business, so I think most (if not all) holsters are made-to-order. I received my holster in 9 days from the time I placed the order. Plenty acceptable, as far as I am concerned.

At last check, the "vehicle gun" holster is a special order, not something they advertise on the website. I believe Jeff is still toying with different designs and such. As far as I am concerned, this is just about perfect for my intended purpose.

As you can see in one of my pictures below, this one will require the drilling of four small holes in the mounting area. This is not an issue for me. While the supplied 1/2" spacers may work for most, my hands will require slightly more space to get a firm grasp on the grip. The 1/2" would work, but I am going to swap those out for 1" spacers. 

I plan on mounting the holster at a slightly canted position under the steering wheel. Even as big as I am, there will be plenty of room to do this in my F-150. I will post more pictures after it's installed, but here are a couple after un-packaging. 

If you decide to give one of these a try, keep in mind that you will likely need to get an opposite-handed holster, depending on your mounting location. While I am right-handed, in order to properly grip the holster from the mounted position, I had to order a left-handed holster.

1896906_692861640737356_37808069_n.jpg

1899773_692861664070687_1027596117_o.jpg
Edited by TripleDigitRide
  • Like 4

HHMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm..............  vveerrrrryyyy interesting!  I've been wondering about something like this.  I don't like the glovebox thing I've got going on now.  Would you mind sharing a ballpark idea of what you paid?

Oh, and excellent gun choice, btw!  :D

I want to see it mounted in the F150...I assume they can make one for gen 4 Flock 19?

I know he has several blue guns that he uses for the molding process, but I can't say exactly which one's he has. I know he was offering customers a free or discounted holster if they sent him a blue gun that he didn't already have. I am not sure if he is still offering that deal, nor can I remember the specifics. I just read it in passing.

Nice set up TDR

I like this idea. I want to try something like that in our service truck. It has bucket seats and the metal cop car style center console. I could mount it on the side of the console easy enough.

I set a milk crate in the floor between the seats, fix a holster to the side of the crate, works great, can not be seen from outside the van.

• Like 1
Guest Lowbuster
I have a f250 and my firearm fit snugly between the drivers and middle seat with a standard leather holster, but I do like this idea.

I did the DIY style truck holster. I'll make and pic and post if interested.

I bent a piece of metal, drilled a hole and mounted it to one of the seat floor mounts. Then attached my holster to it. Easy reach right under my leg and not obviously visible through the window.

I bent a piece of metal, drilled a hole and mounted it to one of the seat floor mounts. Then attached my holster to it. Easy reach right under my leg and not obviously visible through the window.

I am going to look at this idea. I would like to install it somewhere a bit more inconspicuous, if at all possible.

Pics please. :)
  • Like 1
I am not trying to sway your idea one way or another, just food for thought. I have a holster that mounts to the knee panel just below the steering wheel that I never use because it's too visible. Unless I'm going on a very long trip, every time i stopped for gas or bathroom or food or anything, I had to hide the gun or draw it and holster on my side. I usually wanted it on my side out of the vehicle anyway but it got to be too much handling of the gun. Ymmv.
[quote name="Parrothead" post="1124842" timestamp="1394857592"]here is a good reference for how to do this in a Titan. I think the same principles would apply for most vehicles. [url="http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/141742-how-quick-easy-center-console-hidden-gun-mount.html"]http://www.titantalk.com/forums/titan-faq-howto-area/141742-how-quick-easy-center-console-hidden-gun-mount.html[/url][/quote] I did mine exactly like in the post above and it works great. It is concealed and I can lock the center console if needed. The center console lid flips away from the driver so it is very easy and convenient to get to. I did it before I saw this, but essentially used the same principle with a slightly different holster. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forgot about this so I went out there with a flashlight. Hope to can figure it out.

[URL=http://s779.photobucket.com/user/richarddacat/media/MISC/IMG_0337_zps1084f6d2.jpg.html]IMG_0337_zps1084f6d2.jpg[/URL]

[URL=http://s779.photobucket.com/user/richarddacat/media/IMG_0339_zps2775f6d5.jpg.html]IMG_0339_zps2775f6d5.jpg[/URL]

The holster slides over the metal where you see the nylon strap.

[URL=http://s779.photobucket.com/user/richarddacat/media/IMG_0343_zps979962ca.jpg.html]IMG_0343_zps979962ca.jpg[/URL]

The back of the seat is to the left and holster faces the gas pedal.

[URL=http://s779.photobucket.com/user/richarddacat/media/IMG_0346_zpsf83533f0.jpg.html]IMG_0346_zpsf83533f0.jpg[/URL]

I did mine exactly like in the post above and it works great. It is concealed and I can lock the center console if needed. The center console lid flips away from the driver so it is very easy and convenient to get to. I did it before I saw this, but essentially used the same principle with a slightly different holster. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I had a console box like this I believe I'd do that, looks good.