Please quit crying about the weather.

K191145

[quote name="10-Ring" post="1129892" timestamp="1395788551"]I hate it with a passion because I have to work in it. I promise you will never hear me complaining in the summer no matter how hot it gets, but I despise cold weather.[/quote] Me too. I hate it. There is no upside, only negative

Me too. I hate it. There is no upside, only negative

So you really hate the cold then? I can understand that. But snow doesn't make it colder.

My thoughts are that if I have to suffer out in the cold, it could at least snow.

[quote name="Erik88" post="1129939" timestamp="1395794703"]So you really hate the cold then? I can understand that. But snow doesn't make it colder. My thoughts are that if I have to suffer out in the cold, it could at least snow.[/quote] No you're wrong, snow makes it infinitely worse. Snow is not just something you look at. It makes you wet, it makes the 60% slope you're walking on impossible. And like today with 25mph winds in blisters your face like needles. I stand firm the I hate snow in its entirety. Unfortunately the only way to completely avoid it is to move to the 7th level of hell.
  • Like 1
This winter temps have been below historical averages, so its fair to complain. Of course averages by definition include highs and lows, so one should not be surprised to see variations. It just sucks to be cold! I was in palm springs last week for A business meeting - wow - i had forgotten what its like to have the sun warm your skin - 80 degrees - was nice while it lasted; but still glad to be back in TN http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KBNA/2014/1/25/MonthlyHistory.html

No you're wrong, snow makes it infinitely worse. Snow is not just something you look at. It makes you wet, it makes the 60% slope you're walking on impossible. And like today with 25mph winds in blisters your face like needles. I stand firm the I hate snow in its entirety. Unfortunately the only way to completely avoid it is to move to the 7th level of hell.

North Florida isn't that bad, hell even where I'm it it's not THAT hot. Summer 2012 we left FL and it was 96. When we got to Knoxville it was 104.

It has yet to hit triple digits since I've lived here. The difference is that it's hotter longer than the rest of the south. It's not any more humid or hot here than it was in Knoxville.

The good news is that if you get another job you may not have to work outside right?

I knww all about that flood. I was staying the night at the inlaws in Dickson. We tried to get home the following morning. Kingston Springs was as far as we got. I took some backroads in an attempt to get on the interstate and wound up on a road called brushcreek or something. Dern near drove into the torrent coming around a blind corner. I'll never forget it. I did a 3 point turn to get away from the water and suddenly the bottom dropped out of the sky. It was raining so hard i couldn't see.... lightning is flashing like crazy. My wife is panicked in the passenger seat. Then all of a sudden we hear this absurd laughter in the backseat. My son (3 at the time) was watching Mickey Mouse on his portable DVD player... completely unaware of the situation. It totally took the edge off. We just turned around, stopped at the walmart and bought overnight supplies and said "yup, we're not doin that again".

There was only one way out of my area of KS, KS/Fairview rd. to Fairview. It's a long ridge that's away from the Harpeth. My brother on the east side of KS was completly trapped, just a bunch of islands. My cable went out and my sister had an extra digital converter so I drove to her house to get it, had to go to Fairview, 96 to White Bluff rd to WB, 70 back to KS to my sisters house. 25 mile drive one way when she only lives 2 miles from me but Turnbull creek was 5 feet over the bridge to her house. Got the converter and antenna, 25 miles back to my house just to discover the cable came back on.

This would have been a great video for the news if that hillbilly hadn't been talking on it. Turnbull Bridge Kingston Springs 2010.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtcxQ9qIi74

Edited by K191145
[quote name="Erik88" post="1130008" timestamp="1395801436"] The good news is that if you get another job you may not have to work outside right?[/quote] That would be one upside. Working outside is great about 4 months a year, spring and fall. Otherwise it's usually unpleasant somehow. I'd settle for a partial outdoor job where I could schedule around the bad stuff, but beggars and choosers and all that ;)

No you're wrong, snow makes it infinitely worse. Snow is not just something you look at. It makes you wet, it makes the 60% slope you're walking on impossible. And like today with 25mph winds in blisters your face like needles. I stand firm the I hate snow in its entirety. Unfortunately the only way to completely avoid it is to move to the 7th level of hell.

That's the type of snow we get here.  Wet, sloppy, and the wind just cuts right through you. 

If you go to a place where it gets cold and stays cold, the snow isn't so bad.  It's much drier.  I've had colleagues from Winnipeg visit here in the winter and comment on how cold the wind is here.  25 deg here feels as cold or colder than -25 deg there. 

The good news is that if you get another job you may not have to work outside right?

I've had inside jobs, I've had outside jobs.  I prefer the outside jobs.  Even days like today where it ranged between 27 and 45 degrees with the right equipment it's comfortable, I still hate snow.

I've had inside jobs, I've had outside jobs.  I prefer the outside jobs.  Even days like today where it ranged between 27 and 45 degrees with the right equipment it's comfortable, I still hate snow.

I agree with working outside. I hate sitting in a cube all day and I'm even one of the lucky ones that has a window.

it is hot, it is cold, it is wet, it is dry, the wind is blowing, the wind is not blowing, the sun is up, the sun is down, the moon is out, the moon is not out.  have i covered it all.  nothing we can do about it.  i use to get wrapped around the axles about the weather.  now i don't.  again, nothing i can do about it.  

• Like 1

it is hot, it is cold, it is wet, it is dry, the wind is blowing, the wind is not blowing, the sun is up, the sun is down, the moon is out, the moon is not out.  have i covered it all.  nothing we can do about it.  i use to get wrapped around the axles about the weather.  now i don't.  again, nothing i can do about it.  

I don't believe in the moon, I think it's just the back of the sun.

Quote: Janitor, Scrubs.

• Like 1