TFB confirms with the BATFE about arm braces!

I hear ya, if I'm not mistaken the device was designed by a disabled vet, and taken in by sig sauer. I could see someone with one arm finding advantage in it, but then again, seeing what some folks do at the range with both arms makes me think about the safety aspect.I tried one on at GnL that they had on display. I'll stick w buffer tube or a tight sling. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

... I could see someone with one arm finding advantage in it, ..

It doesn't really work for that very well unless you also some kind of malformed arm. Really have to do a gansta tilt to get sights over into line with eye.

However, it's wonderful fired from the shoulder, comfort level on par with a stock, especially with an extended buffer tube,  and of course immensely more stable for accuracy than stretching it out on a sling.

- OS

• Like 1

It doesn't really work for that very well unless you also some kind of malformed arm. Really have to do a gansta tilt to get sights over into line with eye.

However, it's wonderful fired from the shoulder, comfort level on par with a stock, especially with an extended buffer tube,  and of course immensely more stable for accuracy than stretching it out on a sling.

- OS

Ok great so it's not just me either.... I tried canting the brace on the tube several different ways and thought WTF this just feels too odd....

Ok great so it's not just me either.... I tried canting the brace on the tube several different ways and thought WTF this just feels too odd....

Looks good on paper, but the human right arm would have to be attached straight out from about where your right nipple is for it to line up with the right eye. Locking the forearm in just makes it work differently than holding onto it with no brace at all.

It sort of works okay if you cant firearm 45 degrees to left, and 90 into full ghetto gansta sighting is even better.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
  • 5 months later...

Ok, so i hate to bring the whole wrist brace thing up again , but on saturday i was shooting at vrpc and got to talking to one of the range officers about the sig wrist brace.

he was quick to tell me that once it is shoulderd it becomes a sbr and you cant shoot those here.He also seemed to be under the imprassion that when you buy a firearm

(non nfa) in tn that the paper you fill out is registyering it to you. so when he said that i just took everything else he said with a grain of salt. But as i was leaving i asked the guy in the office about it and he said as far as twra and the state of tn is concerned, shouldering a wrist brace turns it into a sbr . so what the heck?

Does tn have a different opinion than the atf? and who in tn can make these decisions?

The folks at VRPC are a bunch of idiots with the exception of a couple. I was told by them that if they ever caught me with my legally registered suppressor they would seize it and I would have to get it back from the ATF. They recently told a member that they could not shoot there if their Mosin had a muzzle brake. They have told me that when my brass hits the ground it belongs to them. I eventually started marking my brass to keep the thieves at bay. I have caught them catching other peoples brass and sticking it in their pockets without the shooter's permission. I have caught them rifling through my shooting bags because they had to "inspect" what I had. I have had high end stuff come up missing several times when the only people who could have were the RSO's. But if you question the RSO's about anything they will threaten to have you barred from the premises and arrested for disorderly conduct.

BTW, one of the RSO's, who is a NRA certified instructor, pointed a pistol at my wife with an unknown condition pistol and pulled the trigger. It had a magazine in it at the time and when my wife jumped his ass his response was "this is a gun store, get used to having guns pointed at you". He is also the POS that would raid the brass box for the Boy Scouts. VRPC had an agreement with the local boy scouts so they could recycle the old brass to fund their troop. This same guy would take brass destined for the boy scouts then sell or trade it for his own gain.

I was there when one of the RSO's used a plastic soda bottle to make a suppressor for a 22. When asked, by some kids, about the legality of it the RSO said it was perfectly legal because it wasn't made out of metal and because it wasn't registered. He said as long as you didn't register a suppressor it was legal to have. That was the same idiot who said LC brass was so good because it was made in Lenoir City. He got a dumbfounded look on his face when I told him it was Lake City, not Lenoir City.

My advice is to stay away from that place and if enough people do eventually that place will shut down leaving all the liars, thieves, idiots and cantankerous asses without a place to inflict pain upon the general populace.

Edited by Dolomite_supafly
  • Like 2

The folks at VRPC are a bunch of idiots with the exception of a couple....

Only took a few visits out there to confirm that. Some of those guys are likely to tell you anything at all.

And remains the only range where two of us were asked to talk less loudly ... during live fire!

- OS

I was there when one of the RSO's used a plastic soda bottle to make a suppressor for a 22. When asked, by some kids, about the legality of it the RSO said it was perfectly legal because it wasn't made out of metal and because it wasn't registered. He said as long as you didn't register a suppressor it was legal to have. That was the same idiot who said LC brass was so good because it was made in Lenoir City. He got a dumbfounded look on his face when I told him it was Lake City, not Lenoir City.

Can I build a machine gun as long as I promise to only shoot it in single-fire mode?

And the problem is the RSOs are viewed as an authority figure so what they say to novices is considered fact. Now imagine how many other people these people have come in contact with and spewed falsehoods that can get someone in trouble. These idiots will not accept any responsibility for the BS they tell people when it comes down to it.

I have always said that you will always find volunteers to fill positions of the authority. Problem is these volunteers are often people who would not be hired if they were being paid.

• Like 1

Ok, so i hate to bring the whole wrist brace thing up again , but on saturday i was shooting at vrpc and got to talking to one of the range officers about the sig wrist brace.

he was quick to tell me that once it is shoulderd it becomes a sbr and you cant shoot those here.He also seemed to be under the imprassion that when you buy a firearm

(non nfa) in tn that the paper you fill out is registyering it to you. so when he said that i just took everything else he said with a grain of salt. But as i was leaving i asked the guy in the office about it and he said as far as twra and the state of tn is concerned, shouldering a wrist brace turns it into a sbr . so what the heck?

Does tn have a different opinion than the atf? and who in tn can make these decisions?

Nicely ask them if they have the time to show you the law that backs up their statement.... If nothing is on the books clearly stating that it is illegal then by default it is legal..... Surely TN has a searchable data base?  

Nicely ask them if they have the time to show you the law that backs up their statement.... If nothing is on the books clearly stating that it is illegal then by default it is legal..... Surely TN has a searchable data base?  

They will just show you the door.

OK....

I'm not well informed about local ranges, as I only frequent one or two.  I know about ORSA, Norris, and Royal Blue. 

What/where is VRPC?  I want to make sure I avoid it.

It's off of Rifle Range Road in Halls.  Right over the big hill after you get through Fountain City.

Or just listen for the sound of National Guard fire on the first weekend of the month.

Edited by gjohnsoniv
  • Like 1