Tell me about Antioch

Antioch has become Gangland over past several years. I use to live there back years ago and it was a nice area. The reason you get much more bang for your buck now in that area is because it has declined as being a nice place to live and many places are having trouble getting good law biding citizens to move there...........jmho

• Like 1
Ive been told that many dont lock their doors there. And its because if you live there its because you dont have anything worth stealing anyways.

No offense to anyone who does live there, just what ive been told by a Nashville native when i asked about the area.
I've lived in franklin, Brentwood most of my life. We spent the last six years in Lennox village. Never had an issue there and it was a wonderful place for a family. That being said, it is about as far into town as I'd care up live. It quickly changes to an older more low income part of town. Were in nolensville now and absolutely love it.
  • Like 1
Guest TresOsos

What's the area like? We are looking at some rentals in the area. The commute to Vanderbilt is a concern as well, but the prices are much more "bang for your buck"

Might as well just get it over with and move to Memphis if your looking at Antioch.

If you want more bang for your buck, look at the Hendersonville area, yeah the commutes a turd but  a much better area.

[quote name="TresOsos" post="1134342" timestamp="1396717408"]Might as well just get it over with and move to Memphis if your looking at Antioch. If you want more bang for your buck, look at the Hendersonville area, yeah the commutes a turd but a much better area.[/quote] Unfortunately we can't live that far away. Just didn't know the area was that rough, hence the question. No worries we won't me moving there.
I lived in Lenox Village for 5 years commuting to Vandy. My first three I was writing my own schedule and working odd hours due to my call schedule. The last two years I had a new boss and was forced to work 8-5 m-f and the commute was TERRIBLE. Also as a LV homeowner I quickly grew to hate the HOA who tried telling me I couldn't restore my vintage BMW in my own garage. :/ As for renting there it would likely be OK while you look for somewhere else but I would advise against purchase without extensive research first.
[quote name="2.ooohhh" post="1134358" timestamp="1396720316"]I lived in Lenox Village for 5 years commuting to Vandy. My first three I was writing my own schedule and working odd hours due to my call schedule. The last two years I had a new boss and was forced to work 8-5 m-f and the commute was TERRIBLE. Also as a LV homeowner I quickly grew to hate the HOA who tried telling me I couldn't restore my vintage BMW in my own garage. :/ As for renting there it would likely be OK while you look for somewhere else but I would advise against purchase without extensive research first.[/quote] Thanks for that. Fortunately my wife is commuting and generally has to be at the hospital by 7:15, and leaf around 6. At least for the first couple years. But thanks for the heads up anyway, we'll explore some other options

I work in antioch. There is a high crime rate and the drivers are extremely terrible. The commute to vandy is not all that bad. Unless there is an accident. Which unfortunately is frequent.

Guest TresOsos

If she's got to be at Vandy by 7:15 and leaves for home after 6 pm, Hendersonville commute would not be that bad.

Sure better than coming in from say Spring Hill or Smurfeesboro.

Guest semiautots

Rent a condo by Vandy.  Her schedule will suck and she'll thank you for it.  West End is full of libtards, but the peace of not having to drive far for a few years will be best.  Plus, you'll be driving against traffic.

[quote name="semiautots" post="1134376" timestamp="1396722871"]Rent a condo by Vandy. Her schedule will suck and she'll thank you for it. West End is full of libtards, but the peace of not having to drive far for a few years will be best. Plus, you'll be driving against traffic.[/quote] If we can find something reasonably price (for the area that is) we'll consider it for sure. We do have two small dogs so a small yard is desirable, but we can manage without.

I've lived in franklin, Brentwood most of my life. We spent the last six years in Lennox village. Never had an issue there and it was a wonderful place for a family. That being said, it is about as far into town as I'd care up live. It quickly changes to an older more low income part of town. Were in nolensville now and absolutely love it.

I hear good things about Lennox. My wife and I know a few people that live there. Nolensville is also nice. Not sure on where youll be working... traffic is killer out that way I hear.

[quote name="Daniel" post="1134382" timestamp="1396723331"]Sylvan Park maybe.[/quote] I'll be doing some contract work in the forestry industry so I'll be going all directions, but my wife is going to be in a residency program as a Dr at VUMC. We'll look. We are most likely going to use a realtor to help us find something. It's tough being in Knoxville and trying to find a place in Nashville.
Guest semiautots

I'll be doing some contract work in the forestry industry so I'll be going all directions, but my wife is going to be in a residency program as a Dr at VUMC. We'll look. We are most likely going to use a realtor to help us find something. It's tough being in Knoxville and trying to find a place in Nashville.

Here is a website you can use to look.  It lists all the MLRS properties.  My wife and I used it a bunch.

http://www.realtracs.com/

I live on the edge of Antioch and it sucks. I don't think it's as bad as some say, but I definitely don't want to stay here. I work by the airport and my fiancé works in downtown franklin, so it's tough to find a decent place between that doesn't cost $1500 a month.